• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
When I had my PS3 I tried and it was the only Assassins Creed from them all I couldn't finish fellow GAFfer. For some reason, the Story didn't clicked with me at all and I can say the same about the main Character. Regarding all the side quests and other miscellaneous objectives they were pretty boring to be honest, to the point of having no motivation to complete them.

I heard there was one interesting DLC (can't recall the name, sorry) but I didn't touch any DLC since I could not get into the Story this time.

AC4 is already looking much better with more variations, bigger world and lot's of interesting things to do, explore and upgrade but after AC3 I will wait for some impressions.

I don't want to be negative, but AC3 made me want to hate gaming. Not just AC games, but every single game that has ever been made and ever will be made.

So I would lean towards no.

nopenopenopetopus.gif

Do you suffer from insomnia? If so, then AC3 is just for you.

Naval combat is pretty fun

I had bioshock 2 and state of decay update with really tiny sizes. Very weird.

God no, it's one of the worst games ever created. I heard the PC version is a mess too.
Thanks GAF. Every damn time I try to get interested in Assassins Creed, it always bores the shit out of me. I was really hoping this one would be good, Revolutionary War, and all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I linked to the website earlier, I believe the DLC will transfer but it should also award you all the current costume packs out if you dont have them already.

posting for new page:

Ah, yeah, it's the base game and the outfits. It doesn't include the outfits but you can buy those on sale for $3-4.

That isn't too bad. Yeah, I'm down to do that. How does transferring Steam Wallet credit to you work?

Dec

Have 99% of my games set to not update but one of my newer games I hadn't changed yet updated. The games that are set to not update do not show an update required, but have been listed as updating here.

The only game that updated for me is Sacred Citadel.

Momentary

Banned
Oh man the Indie Gala bundle only has Reflex. I doubt the other 2 in the trilogy will get released.

Gotta get this and Humble Bundle's new weekly.

Any other new bundles out there I should know about?

Decado

The PC version has the best netcode of the 3 versions and it's a great game to have if you love SF and willing to learn everything about it to get good at the metagame this late in the game.

I played some SFIV, but am mostly familiar with SF2 (I was one of the best players around way back in the day!). I need something to test out my arcade stick on. I really wish I could get the PS3 SFIV Fightstick to work :(

What I'm really hoping for are the new Guilty Gear and Blazblue games...on PC :(

are any of those 1 c games good? I'm wary

also, are any of those casual games good? I'm wary.

King's Bounty and Men of War series are pretty legit so if you haven't gotten those I'd take them all or at least one of from the series, Men of War Assault Squad is probably the best one from that series, haven't played King's Bounty yet so can't comment on that. One friend of mine is a huge fan of that series,

Then there's a lot games that are maybe a bit mediocre but have interesting ideas or could be fun to play. I definetly think its worth a shot buying that bundle for at least 1 dollar because you also get 5 bonuses which I think all will be games so it's 7 games for one dollar, can't go wrong with that.

UFO Afterlight could be a good buy too, I took that one myself. I've heard its like XCOM but don't know if it's at the same quality level. Picked up Fantasy Wars too and just for the laugh Rig 'n' Roll looked like a unique experience.

Edit: Casual bundle isn't very good. Could be a decent pickup for Luxor Evolved or something, you get two games as bonuses too (or currently one but if the last bonus unlocks)

Ah, yeah, it's the base game and the outfits. It doesn't include the outfits but you can buy those on sale for $3-4.

That isn't too bad. Yeah, I'm down to do that. How does transferring Steam Wallet credit to you work?

I could sell something for 5.62 and you could buy it?

are any of those 1 c games good? I'm wary

also, are any of those casual games good? I'm wary.

I'd basically agree with everything that Camel Master just said. The King's Bounty & Men of War games are very good at what they do, although they'll only really appeal to a small niche of the market. (last I checked, there was a Men of War game up for grabs in post 13773 if you want to give one a try).

Whilst not as good as the Firaxis reboot, UFO Afterlight was also fairly decent, as was Aftermath back in the day, but I think that you're stuck with a 1024x768 resolution in the older title.

If I remember correctly, several of the Theatre of War Games were also quite well regarded by some people but the focus on historical accuracy over gameplay was a turn-off for many.

don't buy it unless you thought the others were alright and want more of the same

i enjoyed it well enough but the series is a guilty pleasure of mine

I honestly feel AC3 is much worse than the 2 trilogy, the controls feel a lot less tight, feels like the mission are much more instant fail, characters are dreadful. Naval combat is pretty awesome though

Dec

Is Divinity II worth putting any time into?

For sure. It's a really good RPG with a really cool mechanic in mind reading. You can read anyones mind for an xp cost, but there are quests, treasures, and tons of other useful bits of information from it.

Mind read everyone.

It starts maybe a bit slow for the first 2-3 hours.

Hawkie

I honestly feel AC3 is much worse than the 2 trilogy, the controls feel a lot less tight, feels like the mission are much more instant fail, characters are dreadful. Naval combat is pretty awesome though

For me the naval combat was a major highlight and the main reason I'm looking forward to the next installment. So much fun to be had on the open seas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom