• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I really hope they fix these hours displayed in my games. I know it's nothing too serious but when I look at these hours it gives me an idea of how much I have left from said game.

They were fixed and then messed up again while restarting Steam.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Is PC DMC3 w/ mods better than DMC3 HD PS3?

Hell no unless you like minor mods like HQ weapons.
previewnt.png

def sim

I honestly feel AC3 is much worse than the 2 trilogy, the controls feel a lot less tight, feels like the mission are much more instant fail, characters are dreadful. Naval combat is pretty awesome though

The controls were alright, I thought. The combat was too focused on counters before and, though that didn't change completely, the Batman style revamp encouraged a bit more variety.

Kammie

Capcom sale tricked me. First time I see SSFIV due to region locking (I'm never even able to visualize the title on Steam's site), so I thought they got rid of GFWL. Alas. :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
For some strange reason, the store pages of some Capcom games that use GFWL and were blocked here in Argentina are now accessible. Maybe it's because that stupid DRM is dying?

Freezard

The games actually update if you launch them. Try Hotline Miami or FEZ if you have them.

Well I only have 10 games installed D: But two of those are L4D/L4D2 which surely must be included in the HL3 ARG :|

I wanna be part of the ARG too >_<

What's been found so far? Anyone checking updated files etc?

Did they extend live to Argentina with the release of the Xbox One?

Nope. But I do think Xbox 360 was "officially" launched here in november of 2012 so, technically, we should be part of the supported countries. It could come from there. Other GFWL games are still locked, like Dark Souls or Iron Brigade.

I think this might be Capcom gauging interest to see if it's worth the effort to get rid of GFWL? (This has been theorized by others too.)

Colin.

They opened the GMG golden joysticks voting thing again.

Good luck to anyone even getting the site to load. They definitely weren't prepared for the traffic, tried yesterday and was full of errors and bugs, like ending up on other peoples accounts. Not worth the headache to me. Only true tight arses will have the patience for this.

Whools

Good luck to anyone even getting the site to load. They definitely weren't prepared for the traffic, tried yesterday and was full of errors and bugs, like ending up on other peoples accounts. Not worth the headache to me. Only true tight arses will have the patience for this.

It was going quite well, got through CVG submitted everything made the accounts, but i clicked on the link and it says i have to wait 24 hours, so we'll see how it is tomorrow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man those Capcom deals are butt.

$5 for DMC4 and Bio5 aren't butt, dude.

The rest though... kinda... yeah...
----

It was going quite well, got through CVG submitted everything made the accounts, but i clicked on the link and it says i have to wait 24 hours, so we'll see how it is tomorrow.

*sigh*

Once again YOU HAVE TO WAIT 24 HOURS! Highlight, underline, italics, #swagalicioussnoop.gif here

The "you haven't voted" will not change for 24 hours. If you registered on CVG successfully and they said "thanks for voting!" you're fine!

zkylon

zkylewd
don't buy it unless you thought the others were alright and want more of the same

i enjoyed it well enough but the series is a guilty pleasure of mine

it's more of a "it's really cheap and I haven't played an ac game in a long time"

maybe I should just replay ac2 but I dunno

I really love assassins creed when it's done right

Colin.

Nah, it was nothing to do with that. Like I said, it was slow and full of errors yesterday, to the point that I couldn't even register any votes, or even stay on my own account. Curiously clicked again there, and it worked first time surprisingly. Will see how it goes.

Kammie

Did they extend live to Argentina with the release of the Xbox One?
I think they extended Live here with the release of the 360 like a year or two ago. But I wasn't able to visualize the games even last week.

Oddly enough, Lost Planet 1 is still not available, but the others are.

Anyway, Capcom, just letting you know I didn't buy squat this sale because everything I want has GFWL or SecuROM. Get rid of that garbage!

Dario ff

Banned
For some strange reason, the store pages of some Capcom games that use GFWL and were blocked here in Argentina are now accessible. Maybe it's because that stupid DRM is dying?

I don't think so, it's because there's literally no reason for them to block it. GFWL is available in Argentina for quite a while already, they were just using an outdated region list I guess. Maybe they saw this thread.

So yay, now I can finally buy it!
OZcNcp0.png

Nevermind. I guess that's gonna have to wait...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I think they extended Live here with the release of the 360 like a year or two ago. But I wasn't able to visualize the games even last week.

Oddly enough, Lost Planet 1 is still not available, but the others are.

Anyway, Capcom, just letting you know I didn't buy squat this sale because everything I want has GFWL or SecuROM. Get rid of that garbage!

Having the xbox be released doesn't automatically mean there's the live component. Brazil didn't have Live for a while, with the 360 being officially released here.

I remember people selecting Brazil when making live accounts and going "wait, I can't go online?" because there was no live service down here.

posting for new page:
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Four Pack 0 Gift copies in my possession. I can host another 4-pack if there is enough interest. Click HERE to PM me, I accept Paypal, or Steam Wallet funds (note, valve fee is 15%).

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Original price is: $7.49
4-pack Price: $22.49 / 4 = $5.62

"SSF4AE Complete Pack" = base game + "All-in Costume Pack" @ $11.99

Standalone "All-in Costume Pack" is: $3.74
base game 7.49 + $3.74 = $11.23 (you save $0.76) That can't be right...?
4-pack price of 5.62 + 3.74 = $9.36 (you save $2.36) How can this be?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why do all these bundles and sales have to happen right when Pokemon Y is about to be released? At this rate I won't even have time to install the games I'm getting now before I can play Pokemon in 2 days.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at the list of which of my games got a "0 byte" update, my bet it is going to be for some Halloween event, since most of them are smaller and independent games.

I see the following
Skull Girls (And the Beta)
DLC Quest
AoE2
Hotline Miami
Leviathan: Warships
Really Big Sky
Oil Rush
Monaco
Serious Sam Double D
Steal Storm
Jamestown
Delve Deeper
Edge
Rush
Toki Tori
Source Filmmaker

TF2 also updated, but I am pretty sure that is Valve just adding more hats.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Games that updated for me today:
Knights of Pen and Paper +1
TF2
Dysfunctional Systems
Rogue Legacy
Wake
Lunnye Devitsy
Sang-Froid (really must get back to this!)
Giana Sisters
AoE2:HD
Hotline Miami
Bit.Trip Runner 2
Jamestown

I also got a Cook, Serve, Delicious patch but I suspect that's a real patch.

Having to reinstall CS:Go, and it seems to have downloaded the whole thing, but it's stuck at installing, and will occasionally pause the download and I'm really confused as to what's going on.

Lost Planet 1/2 still hold the distinguished honor of being the only games that don't work on Windows 8.1. Huzzah!

Haven't tried the steam version of 1 though, suppose I'll take a chance.

Veezy

que?
TF2
Dysfunctional Systems
Rogue Legacy
Wake
Lunnye Devitsy
Giana Sisters
Hotline Miami
Bit.Trip Runner 2
Jamestown

Same here. Massive amounts of zero to 1.1kb patches.

TGMIII

Having to reinstall CS:Go, and it seems to have downloaded the whole thing, but it's stuck at installing, and will occasionally pause the download and I'm really confused as to what's going on.

Might be worth clearing the "downloading" folder under steamapps. I have the same issue with Dota2 where patches will sometimes fail to download and it won't correctly download and patch until I clear the downloading folder.

Valve says it's a hard drive issue but it clearly isn't when it only happens with Dota 2 and all of my drives are working correctly.

TheSeks

posting for new page:

If you can wait until tomorrow I'll pay the base-game and just get the costume DLC right now.

Your choice, dude.

Lost Planet 1/2 still hold the distinguished honor of being the only games that don't work on Windows 8.1. Huzzah!

Haven't tried the steam version of 1 though, suppose I'll take a chance.

Huh? Colonies edition works on Windows 8 (haven't tried the .1 minor update since the start "fix" isn't a fix, so fuck you MS) if you do the Dark Souls fix to fix GfWL.

TheSeks

TF2
Dysfunctional Systems
Rogue Legacy
Wake
Lunnye Devitsy
Giana Sisters
Hotline Miami
Bit.Trip Runner 2
Jamestown

Hotline Miami, System Shock 2, King of Fighters 2013, and Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers: 2014 for me. TF2 didn't update, weird enough.

Not everyone's situation or set up will be the same as yours.

Maybe the non-Colonies edition doesn't work. I don't have that version to test, but it not working completely? That's really weird.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Not that I know of, no.
I'm voting on the GMG awards right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get a free copy of Mafia 2.

You just need to vote on one game. Vote, then submit your vote. Tomorrow, the databases should sync and your key should be available.

Then you could do it again and get both games! As long as you use another email address and register that mail address on both the terrible, terrible site and GMG.

I already have Civilization, so... bleh.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TF2
Dysfunctional Systems
Rogue Legacy
Wake
Lunnye Devitsy
Giana Sisters
Hotline Miami
Bit.Trip Runner 2
Jamestown

Yeah mines a real patch...wish I knew what kind of shenanigans were going on, haha.

Huh? Colonies edition works on Windows 8 (haven't tried the .1 minor update since the start "fix" isn't a fix, so fuck you MS) if you do the Dark Souls fix to fix GfWL.

It's an issue specific to Windows 8.1 beta. They're the only games to have issues out of hundreds played. It sucks, they just don't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom