• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Silly RionaaM.
You know what the worst part is? I did it knowing full well that I'll be spending 40 bucks on Pokemon this Saturday, which also means I won't have time to play them anytime soon. The only good thing is my games count is getting closer and closer to 500.

PM sent!

I'm also trying and failing to get a free copy of Civ V. I'm caught in a loop of GMG telling me I haven't voted, then CVG telling me thanks for voting. Very frustrating.
Added you 90 seconds ago! And as Jediyoshi posted right above this, you may have to wait for a day or two. I'm gonna check tomorrow to see if I can get my copy of Mafia 2.

You know what the worst part is? I did it knowing full well that I'll be spending 40 bucks on Pokemon this Saturday, which also means I won't have time to play them anytime soon. The only good thing is my games count is getting closer and closer to 500.

Added you 90 seconds ago! And as Jediyoshi posted right above this, you may have to wait for a day or two. I'm gonna check tomorrow to see if I can get my copy of Mafia 2.

Not buying both? Do you even Pokemon?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PM sent!

I'm also trying and failing to get a free copy of Civ V. I'm caught in a loop of GMG telling me I haven't voted, then CVG telling me thanks for voting. Very frustrating.

*sigh*

WAIT 24 HOURS! SNOOPBLINGYDROPITLIKEIT'SHOT.GIF!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're fine! WAIT 24 HOURS!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
You really do have to wait at least a day to get your key. After about 24 hours you click the link you've been sent again and you get your key.

Ah, I hadn't read through some of the posts about mine.

It's not like I'm in any rush, I just wanted to get it taken care of while I'm still at work.

TheSeks

I get what you're saying but why when I try to redeem my game does it say I haven't voted :/

Because GMG and CVG have to confirm it and with shit being slammed 24/7 for this deal it's slow.

Nah, 4-pack price + all-in costume pack is $9.36. Just getting an individual copy of the game + all-in costume pack is what Madrugador is talking about, and yeah, it's probably a decent chunk of free money for Capcom from people that don't know better.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85599382&postcount=14002 <---Not if you split the 4-pack up and pay for it per individual.

I was kidding but now I just look stupid.

tumblr_mfbofwRP8y1qcbdv2o1_250.gif

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
actually, now I'm wondering: does cook, serve, delicious have french toast?

waffles would also be acceptable

(this is VERY IMPORTANT STUFF HERE)

...if there are grits in this game and you can crumble bacon into them and put butter on top, I will buy two copies

DukeBobby

Bought The Bureau: XCOM Declassified yesterday, and played about 2 hours of it.

It's alright, I guess. I felt like I've seen everything the game has to offer already, though.

Does it get any better?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The keyboard controls really give the game an enjoyable QWOPish feel at times. I love when someone orders a salad with everything on it, just hammering out RCBOMG in one swift motion. Or meat lasagna PSMCR PSMCR PSCR. I'm a great touch typist, so I feel when I've made a mistake and instantly curse myself!
It's fun watching live streamers shout out BOMG during salads, haha. Glad you're enjoying it!

mrgone

The email you used on CVG must be the same as your GMG email.

Ahhh, crap. That did it :) I'd figured from the blog wording that it could be any address, but I got the "Looks like you havn't voted" message after setting up a new one with the same address as my GMG account. Much appreciated!

And thanks for the help TheSeks!

TheSeks

Not sure what the point of quoting that was since I clearly divided the 4-pack price by 4 and added the DLC? lol

Buy Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Complete Pack - $11.99

vs

Buy Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - $7.49
Buy SSF IV: Arcade Edition - All-in Costume Pack - $3.74

$11.23 (0.76 difference)

vs

Buy Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Four Pack - $22.49 / 4 = $5.62 out of pocket per person "buying in" to the 4-pack.

THEN you:

$5.62+$3.74 = $9.36

$9.36 (4-pack buy-in) < $11.23 (individual)

(Oh and: $2.63 less than complete, $1.87 less than SSF4 individual + all-in-one/complete)

AKA: You don't know what you're talking about and you screwed up your math somewhere because Cuban's math is right. "Buying into a 4-pack and buying the DLC costumes on sale" is cheaper than doing it individually or buying the complete pack. That's what he's getting at.

Bunch of 0kb patches /3 = Half-Life 3 confirmed!

(Am I doing that meme right?)

@Elratauru: Well, that'd be two for Cuban rebuying a four pack. Would just need one more or another for Cuban to buy it.

If CVG works, you're fine. Provided you went there after Greenman. Just wait an hour or two and then try again.

I'm looking to get 1 copy of a SSFIVAE 4 pack, so If anyone is doing one, please say so! I'd love to join. I could probably pay tomorrow though, it's kinda late where I am and I work early though.

Leaving my profile here just in case, feel free to add me:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/elratauru&#8206;

Not sure what the point of quoting that was since I clearly divided the 4-pack price by 4 and added the DLC? lol

Costume DLC is pointless to buy if it already comes with the Ultra DLC upgrade when it hits for $15 down the line.
@TheSeks
@Elratauru
Also, I cant gift all 4 from the 4-pack unfortunately, someone else will have to host it. I realized you can only buy a 4-pack once, if you don't previously own the game. I've got alt accounts to do it with but even that method will only give me 3 giftable copies and eats 1 copy, sadly....

mannerbot

Buy Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Complete Pack - $11.99

vs

Buy Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - $7.49

$11.23 (0.76 difference)

vs

Buy Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Four Pack - $22.49 / 4 = $5.62 out of pocket per person "buying in" to the 4-pack.

THEN you:

$5.62+$3.74 = $9.36

$9.36 (4-pack buy-in) < $11.23 (individual)

(Oh and: $2.63 less than complete, $1.87 less than SSF4 individual + all-in-one/complete)

AKA: You don't know what you're talking about and you screwed up your math somewhere because Cuban's math is right. "Buying into a 4-pack and buying the DLC costumes on sale" is cheaper than doing it individually or buying the complete pack. That's what he's getting at.

Erh, why don't you read my posts again? Madrugador said that the individual price of AE + the all-in DLC is cheaper than the bundled AE + DLC (which is true), which is the post that you misread or misinterpreted (well, you did the same with mine as well). Then I added that the 4-pack is $9.36, which is also clearly cheaper than $7.49 + $3.74. Glad we all agree, you can stop being mad for no reason now!

Costume DLC is pointless to buy if it already comes with the Ultra DLC upgrade when it hits for $15 down the line.

Word, forgot about Ultra giving the AE costume DLC for free.

TheSeks

Erh, why don't you read my posts again? Madrugador said that the individual price of AE + the all-in DLC is cheaper than the bundled AE + DLC (which is true), which is the post that you misread or misinterpreted (well, you did the same with mine as well). Then I added that the 4-pack is $9.63, which is also clearly cheaper than $7.49 + $3.74. Glad we all agree, you can stop being mad for no reason now!.

You're misreading: He asked a question about how it was cheaper. I told him how. You're then saying he is saying the individual is what he's wanting, I told you no that math is wrong and proved it.

So while we agree, you're misunderstanding his question and my response to it. But whatever, I'm done arguing about it.

Cuban just needs like one other person but now that he can't buy a 4-pack that kinda throws a wrench into the entire thing.

mannerbot

You're misreading: He asked a question about how it was cheaper. I told him how. You're then saying he is saying the individual is what he's wanting, I told you no that math is wrong and proved it.

So while we agree, you're misunderstanding his question and my response to it. But whatever, I'm done arguing about it.

Hahahhaa. OK. So then you said that I can't do math, and Madrugador is similarly incapable of simple arithmetic. No, he OBVIOUSLY wasn't expressing surprise at the fact that a bundled price is randomly more expensive than individual items (which is to get an extra bit of money from people who don't bother to read past the bundle), he just can't add or subtract!

TheSeks

Hahahhaa. OK. So then you said that I can't do math, and Madrugador is similarly incapable of simple arithmetic. No, he OBVIOUSLY wasn't expressing surprise at the fact that a bundled price is randomly more expensive than individual items (which is to get an extra bit of money from people who don't bother to read past the bundle), he just can't add or subtract!

We both misread, basically.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So the Stanley Parable demo... It's weird. And strange. And incomprehensible. And bizarre.

And I can't wait to play the full game now. Think I'm gonna download the free mod.

Not buying both? Do you even Pokemon?
What use would I have for the 2 versions? I only own one 3DS.

Lingitiz

So the Stanley Parable demo... It's weird. And strange. And incomprehensible. And bizarre.

And I can't wait to play the full game now. Think I'm gonna download the free mod.

What a weird thing. I downloaded the demo and still don't know what this game is, yet I strangely want more.

Jesus, I was just surprised that the bundle was more expensive than buying the game and the DLC pack separately (as mannerbot said).

Can't believe we are fighting because of Capcom's logic.

Cuban just needs like one other person but now that he can't buy a 4-pack that kinda throws a wrench into the entire thing.
well the 2nd 4-pack is now closed, SteamGAF.

I used an alt account to buy it, since someone jumped the gun and paypalled me after I realized I couldn't buy it a 4-pack again on my main account, so I did it just to honor the payment.

HAVE FUN, YOU 3!

:3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looking at the list of which of my games got a "0 byte" update, my bet it is going to be for some Halloween event, since most of them are smaller and independent games.

I see the following
<snip>

TF2 also updated, but I am pretty sure that is Valve just adding more hats.

I wouldn't think so as past Halloween Sales have only included games that fit the theme and there's a ton more of such games this year thanks to Greenlight.

Edit: Ah, it was just a slight change to a common file, unless Support is being coy. :p

Why does having one 3DS matter? In any case both versions have exclusive areas, pokemon(you can transfer these to the other version), etc. Sure there will be other things of note. Kidding of course as to the surprise, most people only buy one of the versions for each generation.

Crysis 2 is on Steam's top 10.

It's always sad to see the people that missed out on Humble Bundles.
I'm always surprised at the people that don't even know about Humble Bundles at all. There was a guy I'd had on my friend list for ages and has a ton of games that didn't know about them until around a year ago when I told him.

I just finished the demo as well and its...different, but in the best way possible. Don't know if I've ever played a demo quite like it.

Very excited to try the full game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why does having one 3DS matter? In any case both versions have exclusive areas, pokemon(you can transfer these to the other version), etc. Sure there will be other things of note. Kidding of course as to the surprise, most people only buy one of the versions for each generation.
Because the games are very similar, despite the exclusive area(s) and monsters, so I'd be paying an extra 40 bucks for something that I'm not gonna appreciate. Besides, playing basically the same game twice in a row may be a sure way of getting burned out on them.

If I had two 3DSs and a lot of disposable income then I may consider that, so I can trade with myself. But I don't see the point of playing both games on the same machine; if anything, it'd be better to wait for the 3rd version (if there's one).

I just finished the demo as well and its...different, but in the best way possible. Don't know if I've ever played a demo quite like it.

Very excited to try the full game.
The best thing is that it's vague, but also entertaining. I enjoyed it a lot, so if the full game is similar to that, then I'm sure it'll be a worthwhile purchase.

Because the games are very similar, despite the exclusive area(s) and monsters, so I'd be paying an extra 40 bucks for something that I'm not gonna appreciate. Besides, playing basically the same game twice in a row may be a sure way of getting burned out on them.

If I had two 3DSs and a lot of disposable income then I may consider that, so I can trade with myself. But I don't see the point of playing both games on the same machine; if anything, it'd be better to wait for the 3rd version (if there's one).

I know why you would only get one version, was just asking why you would want to have a second 3DS to trade with yourself. It should just save the data for one version on the cart which you can use with the other version. In any case, off topic :p

mannerbot

If Pokemon came to Steam, you maniacs would buy the game(s) on alt accounts and run them in virtual machines.
I had 2 copies of Blue and a Red...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Courtesy of CosmicQueso:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Batman Arkham Asylum Goatee -- MB-48DC8D86AAFE0D5F - Taken by Jiggaloboy. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Cuban Legend. 35 entrants total.

t1381473680z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom