• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Is Bionic Commando PC port good?Is it free from technical problems? I've played this game on x360 and really liked it for it's gameplay and I would love to have it in my Steam library plus it's only 2,49 euro now in Capcom promotion.

Graphics
Solid visuals throughout, with an impressive sense of scale and speed. Frame rate drops here and there, loads of screen tearing and practically no visual options hinder the PC version somewhat.

-Old IGN review

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/07/30/bionic-commando-review-2?page=2

So it's a basic console port and going by modern pc standards you should have no problems running the game

Is Bionic Commando PC port good?Is it free from technical problems? I've played this game on x360 and really liked it for it's gameplay and I would love to have it in my Steam library plus it's only 2,49 euro now in Capcom promotion.

All the prompts are 360 controller prompts. So be prepared if you're using m+kb.

eyeless

resident evil 6 is among the worst games i have ever played

i had to know, nothing could stop me from buying it because i loved 4 and 5, but re6 is probably the most disappointing game i have ever played

listless, boring game. they managed to ruin just the basic satisfaction of shooting enemies, as well as the melee finishers

it did not improve on re5, it's 100 times worse

boring boring game the dude who directed it should be jailed

OrangeOak

Graphics
Solid visuals throughout, with an impressive sense of scale and speed. Frame rate drops here and there, loads of screen tearing and practically no visual options hinder the PC version somewhat.

-Old IGN review

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/07/30/bionic-commando-review-2?page=2

So it's a basic console port and going by modern pc standards you should have no problems running the game

Thanks for your answer.
So I will buy it than. Screen tearing is probably fixable on drivers level and it should look good in 1080p because I was pleased even with a console version.
Im asking because I have bought NFS Pro Street lately and it was unplayable for me due to enormous stuttering and no controller options.
It was worst port that I have ever played on PC and I beated whole Saints Row 2 before :)

All the prompts are 360 controller prompts. So be prepared if you're using m+kb.

Im using x360 controller so it's all alright!(even better for me that way).Thanks!

Knurek

This is okay to use with Steam, right? http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

I need it for my PS3 fightpad. Just wanna make sure it's cool.

Yeah, just take note that not all games work with it.

Alpha Protocol is unplayable - radial menus for skill/gadget selection don't work
Mark of the Ninja has severe problems while browsing menus (easily fixable with m+kb, you can switch between them how much you want)
Escape Goat straight up doesn't work (for now)

There's bound to be a few more as well.

Nabs

This is okay to use with Steam, right? http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

I need it for my PS3 fightpad. Just wanna make sure it's cool.

Yeah, x360ce is clutch.

The port is fine. Get both if you don't have 'em.

Yeah, just take note that not all games work with it.

Alpha Protocol is unplayable - radial menus for skill/gadget selection don't work
Mark of the Ninja has severe problems while browsing menus (easily fixable with m+kb, you can switch between them how much you want)
Escape Goat straight up doesn't work (for now)

There's bound to be a few more as well.

Escape Goat supports both x and dinput controllers, so try it without x360ce.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've received two PMs from ModBot stating that different people won the Batman giveaway (though one just mentions 1 entrant and the other 35), so I apologise in advance if one of you finds the key has been used.

Arthea

I will get to play GoT after all. So, I've read all books, watched series and if that wouldn't be enough, I'll play it. (><)

Surprised by Capcom deal too. How many of those games are region locked? All?

I've received two PMs from ModBot stating that different people won the Batman giveaway (though one just mentions 1 entrant and the other 35), so I apologise in advance if one of you finds the key has been used.

Code came up as a dupe, but thanks anyways Jase, nice giveaway!

maneil99

So Tactical Intervention just finally got released and on steam at that. Didn't know it was F2P Anyone have any experience?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So if you own Divinity II: Developer's Cut on steam, how much is Dragon Commander for you?

Half off:

bxNeNce.png

Arthea

I want Dragon Commander, but I'm inclined to wait, as I won't be playing it soon. And I'm pretty sure it shows 40% discount for me, and yes, I own Divinity 2...

Tellaerin

Here's a little something for somebody. This key is for Cities XL Platinum, Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, Divinity II: Developer's Cut, R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War, Game of Thrones, and Confrontation. (I was planning on raffling the games off individually, but it turns out there's only one key for the entire bundle. Meh!)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Weekly Sale (Focus Home Interactive) -- MB-D7AD2F8D57147DB1 - Taken by Maxwood. 18 entrants total.

t1381491230z1.png

epaturun

not sure if this has been posted, too many posts when you wake up UK time,

Read the Two Tribes blog post and enjoy your free Toki Tori 2+ (and it's level editor) on Steam.

- - -
"Since the Steam version has a level editor, we thought why not give that version away for free if you already own the Wii U version? So we’re taking a bold step here: if you really want to play around with the editor and share the levels with friends and family, we can provide you with a free Steam key*! Head over to these Miiverse posts (make sure you go to the correct region!)

[EU] https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAABnUYnXhC8t5w
[US] https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAD4UgHrV7Erbw

and post a simple reply with NO personal information**. With this reply we can check if you own Toki Tori 2+ for Wii U. Since you cannot post e-mail addresses on Miiverse, make sure you follow up your reply by sending us an e-mail at tokitori2@twotribes.com, with the following details:

Subject: “Wii U Steam Key”
Mail: Steam ID, Wii U region (EU/US) and a link to your Miiverse profile

If all is good, we will send a free Steam version of Toki Tori 2+ to you. Again, don’t add any personal information in your reply to our post on Miiverse!

Wok

I managed to vote in the end, but when I choose the game I want, the system says there is a glitch, and prevents me from proceeding. :-(

1. Check your password is correct
  2. Otherwise, reset it, and try again
  3. You should get an email, if the glitch happens when you click the link, try clicking the link again later

Arthea

I managed to vote in the end, but when I choose the game I want, the system says there is a glitch, and prevents me from proceeding. :-(

In other news, is the DMC 3&4 bundle good? I've never played a DMC game.

Well, I've heard DMC3 port isn't good, can't say I remember it being bad, but then again I tend to forget such things. DMC3 is a good game actually. I would have liked DMC4 too, may be even more than 3 if game wouldn't require
play it twice (><)
. You'll know what I mean after you play it.
In my humble opinion the very first DMC is still the best DMC game though, but 3 and 4 are worth playing if you like this type of games.

Aaron

Get DmC instead. Since you haven't played the previous ones, you won't rage about the minor changes.

mrgone

I was having the same issue earlier. Setting up a new CVG account with my GMG email fixed it. From what I can tell the game's not actually added to your GMG library, though (the key's just emailed to you), so you could probably just set up a throwaway GMG account with the CVG email address to get around having to vote all over again

edit: It looks like it does show up as an order on your account, but doesn't show up in any of the keys sections just yet.

Arthea

Get DmC instead. Since you haven't played the previous ones, you won't rage about the minor changes.

Are they really minor? Haven't played it yet, but I dislike hipster Dante like every human should! (><)
I do plan to play DmC though, to see what all fuss is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom