• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iyou could probably just set up a throwaway GMG account with the CVG email address to get around having to vote all over again

Thanks, this solved my problem and the game just arrived.

Why the hell did they want both CVG and GMG accounts to have the same email, and why didn't they say so?

Ledsen

Are they really minor? Haven't played it yet, but I dislike hipster Dante like every human should! (><)
I do plan to play DmC though, to see what all fuss is about.

Well it's from a completely different company, so obviously it's very different from its predecessors even if the basic concept is the same... I'd say get 3-4 and then play DmC after that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just noticed that the CSI NY game was removed from the store. The LV one is still there.

Ah, shit, I was going to pick them up during the Autumn Sale.

Edit:

csi0zsin.jpg

Best $6.50 I've ever spent.

Ledsen

Just got SSFIVAE+2 refs for 2 keys (&#8364;3,48) on TF2outpost, that's a pretty great price! Especially compared to the &#8364;4,99 EU price.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Are they really minor? Haven't played it yet, but I dislike hipster Dante like every human should! (><)
I do plan to play DmC though, to see what all fuss is about.

Hell no it ain't minor. One of the biggest cons is that the combat has a good amount of depth taking out and not being as fluid. This leads to the combat becoming stale as shit quick 1/2 of the game later. Then there really annoying ass color coded enemies forcing you to use specific weapons which you can somewhat style on but it's ruins the flow so much.

Second if you thought the original DMC franchise story was bad then wait till you play DmC which is filled with terrible dialogue unlikable characters, and more.

Also the most bland boss battles in the franchise.

There's a crapload of things wrong with the game that I can go into tbh. With that said I still enjoyed DmC. It's a meh DMC game but it's better than a lot of other hack n slashes on the market(which is not a whole lot these days sadly). Also the level design like the club level is pretty awesome tbh.

Storm360

Might aswell give the rest of the bundle I used to break it away (Broke it with Crusader Kings II) - Note Two Worlds II doesn't have any DLC

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-6D3B771A31836AA2 - Taken by Kammie
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-4C6FCFD6FFDF23C2 - Taken by didamangi
Two Worlds 2 -- MB-0C36A6F5F1A245CD - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

dani_dc

Ah ok!! Thanks for the heads up!

Definitely won't buy it then.

Not that I don't appreciate DRM free copies, but I like my collection on Steam as well.
The developers usually price-match the Steam sales price on their site (Humble Store, includes Steam key and DRM free), so they might price match this as well later on the day (they haven't yet, but considering it's 6:30 am in Toronto that's no surprise).

Storm360

Street Fighter X Tekken for 4,23$ - yay or nay?

Already have SSFIV: AE and planning to upgrade to Ultra, so Im not really sure.

If you are buying for online MP - No

The game's fate with GFWL shutting down is still uncertain, and the MP in that game never worked great anyways, I frequently can't connect to others despite having no issues in Arcade Edition

fantomena

If you dont mind that next year you wont be able to play it online, I guess its good.

I just wish Capcom would just make this game steamworks...

If you are buying for online MP - No

The game's fate with GFWL shutting down is still uncertain, and the MP in that game never worked great anyways, I frequently can't connect to others despite having no issues in Arcade Edition

Thx guys, Not giving CrapCom my money then.

Arthea

Hell no it ain't minor. One of the biggest cons is that the combat has a good amount of depth taking out and not being as fluid. This leads to the combat becoming stale as shit quick 1/2 of the game later. Then there really annoying ass color coded enemies forcing you to use specific weapons which you can somewhat style on but it's ruins the flow so much.

Second if you thought the original DMC franchise story was bad then wait till you play DmC which is filled with terrible dialogue unlikable characters, and more.

Also the most bland boss battles in the franchise.

There's a crapload of things wrong with the game that I can go into tbh. With that said I still enjoyed DmC. It's a meh DMC game but it's better than a lot of other hack n slashes on the market(which is not a whole lot these days sadly). Also the level design like the club level is pretty awesome tbh.

That sounds pretty major, yes. Thanks for description.
Although my question was kinda ironic, it's really hard to tell on internets (><)

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Might aswell give the rest of the bundle I used to break it away (Broke it with Crusader Kings II) - Note Two Worlds II doesn't have any DLC

Thanks storm :). Always wanted to try Two Worlds 2 since some people told me it's a good rpg and others told me it was shite.

Arthea

Finally joined the 1000 club

insanity! pure insanity!
now, don't forget to play them all! (><)

I might get there one day seeing how things are going... from not using steam at all to double dipping left and right without any reason. Already have +200 games and I constrain myself, at least I try.
I must say, that steam have gotten addictive, especially with cards and badges. Gog save me!

Storm360

insanity! pure insanity!
now, don't forget to play them all! (><)

I might get there one day seeing how things are going... from not using steam at all to double dipping left and right without any reason. Already have +200 games and I constrain myself, at least I try.
I must say, that steam have gotten addictive, especially with cards and badges. Gog save me!

Most of my titles are double dipped, which is great, because i'm going back to the games I've missed out on, I never beat GTA IV on console, but when I retried it on PC I put 168 hours into it. Partly due to being able to generally edit games to my liking, through either mods or otherwise, I hated GTA IV's Radio selection, so made my own station using Independence FM with 500 or so songs

I don't want to be negative, but AC3 made me want to hate gaming. Not just AC games, but every single game that has ever been made and ever will be made.

So I would lean towards no.

lol [in a good way] :D

Most of my titles are double dipped, which is great, because i'm going back to the games I've missed out on, I never beat GTA IV on console, but when I retried it on PC I put 168 hours into it. Partly due to being able to generally edit games to my liking, through either mods or otherwise, I hated GTA IV's Radio selection, so made my own station using Independence FM with 500 or so songs

Wow! After reading so much negativity towards that game it's lovely to see someone enjoying it so much. I am not a great fan of Rockstar's output so have no desire to play that game but it's just really nice to see someone enjoy a game so much that they put so many hours into it :D.

Storm360

lol [in a good way] :D

Wow! After reading so much negativity towards that game it's lovely to see someone enjoying it so much. I am not a great fan of Rockstar's output so have no desire to play that game but it's just really nice to see someone enjoy a game so much that they put so many hours into it :D.

While the story isn't great, it's still enjoyable for sure, and multiplayer is great (provided you can get a game going)

Accoun

I hated GTA IV's Radio selection, so made my own station using Independence FM with 500 or so songs

Themed, or not (with so many tracks probably not)?
TBH I wasn't a big fan of GTA IV's radios, but I loved The Journey. I basically hardly listened to anything else.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-C9536DE4A87D1A75 - Taken by oipic. 1 entrants total.

t1381448884z1.png

Anteater

Too bad fairy bloom lack the enemies/stage variety, I haven't really played it for too long though.

I hope they make a sequel, I'd probably pay high price for it if it has better stages like viewtiful joe.

Storm360

Themed, or not (with so many tracks probably not)?
TBH I wasn't a big fan of GTA IV's radios, but I loved The Journey. I basically hardly listened to anything else.

Nah, I only theme radios in stuff like Vice City, where I match time periods, otherwise I have a general mix and match

Copons

Italy is slacking. 0.9% while Germany has 7.7% and UK 5.4%? And Greenland only downloaded the equivalent of 10 Max Payne 3s.

Eh, I do what I can but I find it difficult downloading stuff while at work.
Nevertheless, since yesterday I started idling games on the office computer, so hey, Italy should be back on track in no time!

Arthea

Italy is slacking. 0.9% while Germany has 7.7% and UK 5.4%? And Greenland only downloaded the equivalent of 10 Max Payne 3s.

Germany is PC land, always thought it to be exaggeration of sorts, I stand corrected. Also UK is slacking, Italy is hibernating (><)

What's with bandwidth usage spikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom