• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If it's cont a connector about 10mm in length and slightly shaped like and L then yes that's a SATA connector. IDE connectors are super old and are about 50mm in length and have 40 pins so they're quite easy to tell apart. Hang on I'll get pics.

Edit: Here you go:-

IDE on the left SATA on the right.

For a moment I thought that was a picture of a SATA to IDE adapter, and I was like "what the fuck is this dude talking about"

Move along.. :D

Dr Dogg

SSD's are still expensive to me, but I'm trying to see what my local store can do to reduce the cost of parts the best way possible. Bluray is also something to avoid for the same reasons and for the Monitor it will be from a friend who might get one from a closed insurance company (thank you, harsh economy!) so I'm expecting something really old, big and white/yellow-ish.

Hahaha one of my friends has a term for that old yellowing plastic. He calls it "Hearing Aid Beige".

I wouldn't worry about getting hand-me-downs in this day and age. I'm usually the first one to be having a sniff around when my friends tell me about their business or work place being closed down. Some times it ends up helping those effected and everyone's happy.

We all like a bargain in this thread anyway :p.

For a moment I thought that was a picture of a SATA to IDE adapter, and I was like "what the fuck is this dude talking about"

Move along.. :D

Hahaha. Now that would be witchcraft.

Ugh, Dirt2 is affected, too bad.

Really? That's upsetting. Just... go away GFWL, don't try to resist, really, close your eyes and all will be over soon.

yLiP2wT.gif

Turfster

Really? That's upsetting. Just... go away GFWL, don't try to resist, really, close your eyes and all will be over soon.

Huh. Okay. So the key is back and it wants to reinstall gfwl...
but good news, it doesn't actually need gfwl.
Guess it's just a redist/key setting gone wrong.

Dr Dogg

Well I got the feeling this is going to be the first of a lot of keys I'll be modbotting...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Steam Key -- MB-4B61220E78EFF30A - Taken by gabrielt16

Because Epic. They could probably shit out Shadow Complex but won't.

Urgh. Don't remind me. It still says "PC: Coming Soon" on their promo site.

nexen

Well I got the feeling this is going to be the first of a lot of keys I'll be modbotting...

Urgh. Don't remind me. It still says "PC: Coming Soon" on their promo site.

Flashback doesn't really feel all that different from Shadow Complex to me. I only played the demos though.

Dr Dogg

Flashback doesn't really feel all that different from Shadow Complex to me. I only played the demos though.

I used to love Flashback back on the Megadrive. Haven't bothered with the 'HD' lick of paint version but I caved in and got Shadow Complex on 360. Obviously its very unashamedly a metroidvania style title (Justin Bailey reference too boot) where as I found Flashback a straight up traversal platformer.

Though just got Dust and looking forward to the Stryder re-imagining/reboot so they're more than worthy/better replacements.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh thank god I can split my last post:
Hahaha. Now that would be witchcraft.

Funny story: There are SATA to IDE adapters. Both ways even! They're not passive (as in, they're not just a cable). It's a small board, it has a chip in it and they need power. Also, they're usually slow as fuck and unreliable (at least the 3 dollars one I got from china were).

To answer your next question: I wanted to make an array of 4gb IDE hard drives on the extra SATA ports of my frankenstein machine. It didn't go well.

Why is PAYDAY 2 on sale?

Because they noticed that making a niche online game a full fledged boxed release and charge twice as much as the original game was a fucking bad idea, which I said to myself when they first announced it?

Dr Dogg

Oh thank god I can split my last post:

Funny story: There are SATA to IDE adapters. Both ways though. They're not passive (as in, they're not just a cable). It's a small board, it has a chip in it and they need power. Also, they're usually slow as fuck and unreliable (at least the 3 dollars one I got from china where).

To answer your next question: I wanted to make an array of 4gb IDE hard drives on the extra SATA ports of my frankenstein machine. It didn't go well.

It's like SteamGAF Leapfrog!

What? Hahaha. That sounds as mental/disastrous as my PCI-e 8 port USB hub.

Thanks for the game Dr Dogg!!

No probs. Enjoy!

Nabs

Because they noticed that making a niche online game a full fledged boxed release and charge twice as much as the original game was a fucking bad idea, which I said to myself when they first announced it?

Payday 2 has pretty much been stuck in the top 10 since release. It seems like a success to me.

So, how does Steam Family Sharing works with multiple people? If I authorize several people to use my library, how does it work?

First come first serve, with you getting access whenever you want.

derExperte

Doubt it. P2 could actually end up being one of the financially most successful games on Steam this year, it was the best seller for weeks and hasn't dropped much since then.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Payday 2 has pretty much been stuck in the top 10 since release. It seems like a success to me.

For real? Thanks for correcting me, I didn't follow up on Payday 2 because I didn't enjoy playing Payday 1 that much. It's not the game's fault though, I pretty much despise random online players and my friends aren't worth shit when it comes to coop play.

Good thing that they didn't bomb as I predicted: I really like the game, I just wish I could play it.

JakeD

giving away some spares from the last few humble bundles...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

mark of the ninja -- MB-0989CD9E37BD8B7A - Taken by Accoun. 1 entrants total.
serious sam HD the second encounter -- MB-44C4C04BFBA2437C - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 1 entrants total.
bastion -- MB-FD3FC7944F811FF5 - Taken by Reckoner. 1 entrants total.
trine 2 complete story -- MB-1586AC2044273D09 - Taken by Spawn. 1 entrants total.
fez -- MB-883C7EF36D17932C - Taken by Mengy. 5 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-B8156BE0BB15EF18 - Taken by WavekSra. 1 entrants total.
limbo -- MB-B5B6E59442CCD1ED - Taken by Spazo. 1 entrants total.

t1382129273z1.png

Anachronox is up...threadworthy? i'm pretty excited to finally play it!

It's in my cart and i've a suspicion i'm triple dipping but as i can't find one of my disks i'm happy to pay a fiver for it. Last itme i played it i remember the load times being a frustration so i'm hoping an SSD and a decade of technological advances will help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom