• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

I had to reset my Steam password, forgot/didn't know that meant I can't trade for five days.

Bummer.

Did you forget your password? You should only be locked out if you change it by having Steam reset your password. If you change it yourself you don't get locked out.

Turfster

Jesus christ, Steam. This is going to be the third time the AC GOTY download starts from scratch after Steam got shut down a couple of gigs into it. Anyway, while I wait for it to downoad... again, time for the deal/news roundup =p

Big bad bundle 2 is coming this Sunday.
"1$ for a hilarious point & click adventure, a gnarly puzzle platformer with lots of blood and a frustrating but rewarding punishment platformer featuring a ninja. Pay 5$ to also get a post apocalyptic FPS, a retro style JRPG, a Zelda style game and a shooter featuring some boats with really big guns."

Getgamesgo has some more franchise sales:

Deques

The dlc for endless space is now discounted. Is there anyone here who can help me buy it, preferably someone in the dollar zone. I am in China now, and won't be back until Monday. PM me. I will pay back in Monday or Tuesday

AHA-Lambda

Sup Steam GAF

XMwjn9b.png

Aaah, good ol' friday. Get off work, drink couple of long drinks and buy a game off Steam I have been wanting to play for more than 2 years now in a slight upbeat drunkenness. Good stuff.

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
So I got to the point where I'm deliberating if I should be buying cards with real money. I may be getting addicted to them, Xelios! I need a word of advice.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it any good?

Actually I have my eye on Damnation. Is that any good?

No it's not good at all. There are much better point-and-click adventure games and much better hidden object games out there.

Skip this unless you're hot for Angela Lansbury or something.

Benedict

So, why can I only see one game from the person I have Family Sharing with (my brother)?
Before there were several hundred games.
Now I can only see the one I downloaded, not the other.

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfer Turfster I really like you posting the daily deals and other deals for game on Steam but right now I'm not sure I can handle all this and just keep on watching. You should place you hand on your heart! ;)

I mean, Dirt 2 & 3 for less than 10€? Dirt2 for 3.24€? I mean, come on... I need to get on that but not right now (funny thing is, I gave away my Dirt3 key from that AMD promotion to a GAFfer, but Dirt2 is better in my opinion).

Also, I'm so out of touch on trying to understand what I need for a desktop. After starting all over to save for all the parts needed, I think I have a DVD drive that is still good but the owner from my local store asked me is it's SATA or not, I don't even know how to answer this, but I think it is. Then I had one Cooler but it's not possible to install it on recent parts. At least I have one Case that is good to go so far. Phew... I'm so ashamed for my lack of knowledge.

Exuro

So, why can I only see one game from the person I have Family Sharing with (my brother)?
Yesterday my brother's stuff got screwed up. I would try reauthenticating the machine. That did the trick for us.

jediyoshi

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Is your client set to show "All Games"?

mlOKlw8.png

It sounds like it may be set to just show the installed ones.

Turfster

Fellow GAFfer Turfster I really like you posting the daily deals and other deals for game on Steam but right now I'm not sure I can handle all this and just keep on watching. You should place you hand on your heart! ;)
It's okay, not everyone has to participate in the steam game count race ;)
Also, I'm so out of touch on trying to understand what I need for a desktop. After starting all over to save for all the parts needed, I think I have a DVD drive that is still good but the owner from my local store asked me is it's SATA or not, I don't even know how to answer this, but I think it is
Does it have a big connector with lots of pins on the back? If it does, it's not SATA but IDE/PATA.

Grief.exe

I apologize if this has already been posted. I was up late playing Civ V with a friend and just woke up. If you remember, Halo 3 did the same thing as well.

GTAV shows up in AMD drivers.

<application Title=”Grand Theft Auto V” File=”GTA5.exe”>
<use Area=”PXDynamic”>HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>
</application>

Kojima talks about versions of MGSV that aren't on console. I hope this is in reference to a PC version and not some tablet integration.

In an interview with IGN Kojima said, “Metal Gear Solid 4 was a turning point: the engine, the multi-platform and online elements. Moving forward I wanted to have a Metal Gear Solid that you could play on whatever you wanted, and that’s how we created Peace Walker. Now we’re presenting something again that’s console-only, but that’s not actually true of Metal Gear Solid 5.

jshackles

Don't know if it's been posted, but Green Man Gamin has a Bioshock 1 and 2 pack on sale for $9.99, and redeeming the code for Bioshock 2 on Steam also gave me Minerva's Den. I thought that was just for people that already had the game before they added the DLC. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/bioshock-bioshock-2-pack/

Nice to get confirmation on that for people who were on the fence about it.

I believe it's just for codes that were generated before the changeover, so eventually those codes will run out and newly generated codes won't include the DLC.

WTF, I won the Batman giveaway! Thanks a ton JaseC!! <3

This evening couldn't go any better! To celebrate, I'll give you my story of Batman Arkham City.

Well, when the first shots of Batman:AA came out, I, like most, were all like "why does everyone look like shiny rubber? Well soon enough, Rocksteady proved everyone wrong and Batman AC turned out to be a pretty great game (or so I suspect, I haven't played it... yet!). But I never got around playing it.

Then comes Batman AC and it seems to be equally great, but open world left some people cold. But I never got around playing it.

Until PS+. And around that time, I didn't have much time or energy to play any games. Still, I made tons of room for my PS3 and downloaded it. I have liked Batman since I first read the comics, watched the 60's series thousands of times and especially loved the animated series as a youngster, so I was most hyped about running into familiar characters and reading the bios. So anywho...

I was around the first Twoface fight and I absolutely fell in love with the game, I didn't even remember the last time I played a game like 2,5 hours per day. Main story was fun, side quests were awesome (because of the random characters) and even the Riddler puzzles were good. I cleared the NG+ 100% and started playing the challenges at which point I went "this has to stop" and stopped playing. One of my fave current gen games and I am really stoked to play AA.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bioshock -- MB-67EA43F8AF98A5D6 - Taken by Accoun. 20 entrants total.

t1382125042z1.png

I already had Bioshock so...

Copons

The LTTP Dark Souls' Adventure of Copons - S01E10 - Season Finale (Video Edition)

So, I wanted to do something cool, a funny goodbye video to this game on which I trashed 30 hours in really few days, not counting the countless hours spent talking about it and reading strategies and wikis and stuff. All time stolen from other games, my job, social relationships and my cat who by the end was used to run around my desk while I was playing, oh the attention whore.
I wanted to do something funny while showing people how to play like a boss a game that needs a freakingly massive amount of concentration and gives back freakingly massive amount of adrenaline bursts. A boss with framerate disabilities and proven incapacity of coordinating eyes to hands, but a boss indeed.
But then I had one of those days, where you find yourself on the verge of the movie Falling Down. Let's just say at one point I started shouting against an old man who stuck the road to my office trying for like 10 minutes to park his car in a no parking zone (and mine was a behaviour that's frowned upon even in the fucking crazy Roman traffic setting :D ).
So when I fired up Fraps, my mind was completely dry and I ended up doing a truly, hugely useless video of how to play with framerate dropping from finely stable 20 fps to absurdly low <=5 fps. Funny thing, the only time I actually hit the boss was during the heaviest drop. :D

Farewell, Dark Souls. Next time, with my next PC, I'll be prepared even to die.

http://youtu.be/z8R7fHfcdvc (some spoilers of the deepest area of Darkroot Garden)

I did mention it's a future Steam key. ;) It'll redeem once Valve makes the necessary adjustments.

Yeah, reading comprehension is ESSENTIAL, I thought the keys were made Steam friendly yesterday (todays) after Grief.exe's SteamDB update topic, I was so excited (plus my head is soaked in gin...) I kinda forgot what I read. Welp

Made the edit too late, welp times two

sheaaaa

Not quite the right place to ask this, but does anyone know where's a good place to get Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Winning Eleven 10) for PC? No idea if it was even released digitally.

Nothing has quite captured the feel of that game. Still the king of football games after all these years.

I have an old Metro 2033-code but I'm not sure if it works or not (so I'm gonna skip ModBot for this one). Besides, I'm pretty sure everybody here owns that game anyway.

3WX60-Q3D9C-B33W3

Enjoy if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom