• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to go back and replay Witcher 1, but I never did love it for the graphics. I'm pretty sure some of the VO work was terrible, too. But, man, that game really made you feel like you were on an epic quest. In W2 it is more like I'm just some bit player in the schemes of the truly powerful.

I loved the game during my first playthrough, but I got really tired of the constant back tracking during my second playthrough.

webrunner

added Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, a viruys named TOM, bastion, and Limbo to the humble bundle.

How many darn copies of Bastion am I going to end up with!?

Derrick01

Banned
I just finished The Witcher 2.

It was simply nowhere near as good as The Witcher.

Definitely much prettier but it felt far more shallow and the story did not satisfy me at all. Nothing is really resolved at the end and your impact on the way events unfold feels marginal at best. The dialogue, however, was still great, and there were a couple of really memorable player-choice moments.

Gameplay-wise I didn't care for the combat. It was an improvement over Witcher 1's timing based system, but only just. I also really despised the crafting system, though thankfully it was completely optional. Level design was obnoxiously bad. I spent far too much time hunting for a quest icon through what amounted to giant mazes. At one point I stopped playing for an extended period of time because I thought a quest was broken. It turned out that the icon was actually referring to a location far above me and I had not been able to visually pick out the staircase that led to it.

That said, I really love the universe, lore, atmosphere, and Geralt of Rivia remains one of my favorite characters so I'm on board for #3. This chapter just felt more like an extended prologue instead of a fully fleshed out game.

Agree with everything except the level design. But it's great that another person saw the light.

chronomac

Already had half the bonus games for the Indie Bundle, so here you go guys:
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-B08554BC1EF8ACEF - Taken by FOX_
Limbo -- MB-F5E3118C7A96AF1D - Taken by BorntoPlay

http://www.tf2items.com/ used to show items that had dropped but hadn't been added to your inventory, I'm not sure if it still does. I think you'll need to actually boot up the game so you can get the items to sell or trade though.

Thanks. I tried the site and it couldn't find a backpack so it seems you do need to play the game to see what TF2 items you have.

Nabs also said the same thing, so thanks to both of you.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
14:02 stump the humble indie bundle bonus games are all garbage or stuff people already have
14:02 stump ugh
14:02 Kabouter Modbot gonna be overloaded
14:04 ModBot chronomac created a giveaway for the following games: Bastion, Limbo
14:05 ModBot Whools created a giveaway for the following games: Bastion
14:06 ModBot Turfster created a giveaway for the following games: Bastion, Limbo

LOL

chronomac

14:02 stump the humble indie bundle bonus games are all garbage or stuff people already have
14:02 stump ugh
14:02 Kabouter Modbot gonna be overloaded
14:04 ModBot chronomac created a giveaway for the following games: Bastion, Limbo
14:05 ModBot Whools created a giveaway for the following games: Bastion
14:06 ModBot Turfster created a giveaway for the following games: Bastion, Limbo

LOL

I was first!

Turfster

Welp, as spoiled a few posts higher, here it is!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-04BBF459EE8CD23D - Taken by Kipp
Limbo -- MB-5EA527082843FFAD - Taken by Tecl0n

Little disappointed in the added games. I can't speak for Rocketbirds or Tom....but Bastion and Limbo were both in the same bundle last year. Oh well, time to giveaway!

rybrad

Joining the party of giving away games everyone has. Limbo is good, Bastion is fantastic.
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-FB53AB15872A18A9 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Limbo -- MB-756ED64A85D4574E - Taken by MajorMelchett

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That's gotta be 3 or 4 times Bastion has been in a Humble Bundle.

It even shows up twice in my dl list
45ECnSY.png

edit: it's 3
HIB5
Weekly1
HIB9

Alasfree

I just finished The Witcher 2.

It was simply nowhere near as good as The Witcher.

Definitely much prettier but it felt far more shallow and the story did not satisfy me at all. Nothing is really resolved at the end and your impact on the way events unfold feels marginal at best. The dialogue, however, was still great, and there were a couple of really memorable player-choice moments.

Gameplay-wise I didn't care for the combat. It was an improvement over Witcher 1's timing based system, but only just. I also really despised the crafting system, though thankfully it was completely optional. Level design was obnoxiously bad. I spent far too much time hunting for a quest icon through what amounted to giant mazes. At one point I stopped playing for an extended period of time because I thought a quest was broken. It turned out that the icon was actually referring to a location far above me and I had not been able to visually pick out the staircase that led to it.

That said, I really love the universe, lore, atmosphere, and Geralt of Rivia remains one of my favorite characters so I'm on board for #3. This chapter just felt more like an extended prologue instead of a fully fleshed out game.

I really liked the first witcher but i cant bring myself to replay TW2 after i finished it in 2011. Not even now that i can push the graphic at max.
I just hate the inventoty, the hud, the way Geralt runs around. The amount of stuff you have to organize make me hate it even more. TW1 hud was so much better, fast and without any nonsense.
The combat is "better" that TW1 because now is a style that fit Geralt character better but even that is not very good.

It's a good game but such a bummer aswell.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I keep seeing this pop up. What exactly is the X bundle?

X is a series of space sim games. There's an entry in the Steam registry ( a database of steam games that Valve pushes out to clients so you are up to date) for a humble bundle themed around the X series.

Already have three of the bonuses, so I'll pass the savings onto youuuuuuuuuuu!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-FAE5663283B82CCE
Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-43A64AAE156EC534 - Taken by C00kie M0nster
LIMBO -- MB-8D313F851E4C58A5

Lint21

Neo Member
Huh... I thought you got the additional HIB games even if you didn't beat the average. Yet when I go into my page for HIB 9, the new games aren't there. When did they change this?

That's gotta be 3 or 4 times Bastion has been in a Humble Bundle.

It even shows up twice in my dl list
45ECnSY.png

edit: it's 3
HIB5
Weekly1
HIB9

At least The Binding of Isaac has an excuse (Vanilla and Wrath of the Lamb versions). This is just silly.

Huh... I thought you got the additional HIB games even if you didn't beat the average. Yet when I go into my page for HIB 9, the new games aren't there. When did they change this?

This is new to this bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom