• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

I want to carry around a thin and light ~13" laptop that plays all of my classic and indie games well and then come home and plug it into a video box that turns it into a capable gaming machine that's connected to a TV or desktop monitor. We're not there yet, but that's a future that excites me. I have no interest in a 6 lb gaming laptop.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yeah, you can snag a $25 Bartman Arkham Origins code from eBay from an Nvidia graphics card promotion.

It's worth noting that the Nvidia keys activate as standard retail copies and therefore do not include the pre-order DLC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's worth noting that the Nvidia keys activate as standard retail copies and therefore do not include the pre-order DLC.

Shits given: None.

I suck at the combat challenge maps to the point of no longer even trying them so a new character is meaningless.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I did not know this :(

Batman GOTY comes out so quickly, and drops price so quickly, that I'll pass on the Nvidia Key this time around. I did it for Arkham City and only played the game when a GOTY Was already around and for sale.

Mostly my fault for having a backlog and taking my sweet ass time to play games, but you know....

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

If it were DLC comparable to the Catwoman stuff from the previous game, that'd give cause for concern. But as a skin for challenge maps, I wouldn't be too worried.

However, I'm currently planning on not picking it up in protest over my save file being eaten in Arkham City. Though I could see that changing in the coming month.

Batman GOTY comes out so quickly, and drops price so quickly, that I'll pass on the Nvidia Key this time around. I did it for Arkham City and only played the game when a GOTY Was already around and for sale.

Mostly my fault for having a backlog and taking my sweet ass time to play games, but you know....

was about to buy a key, but i think i'll do the same thing. Price drops are happening really fast these days.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I did not know this :(

I was going to purchase one myself until I remembered that the Blands 2 keys Nvidia handed out weren't of the pre-purchase variety, and eventually I came across a few SPUF posts stating that Nvidia's Arkham Origins keys do indeed activate as Batman: Arkham Origins Retail, so in the end I opted to pay a few extra bucks for a Steam RU copy.

I was going to purchase one myself until I remembered that the Blands 2 keys Nvidia handed out weren't of the pre-purchase variety, and eventually I came across a few SPUF posts stating that Nvidia's Arkham Origins keys do indeed activate as Batman: Arkham Origins Retail, so in the end I opted to pay a few extra bucks for a Steam RU copy.

I hope Origins has no GFWL.

What happened to poor Saoirse? she looks anemic.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I eat meat in videogames, so I can't really get on a high horse about Windforge's flying whale-based makeshift taxidermy.

The-Bean

Steam really needs a more customizable list view. I wish you could drag a category over to the right side of the window and have them side-by-side, so much horizontal space is being wasted. I'd use the grid view but I hate always waiting for the pictures to load. =/

Whools

It's been announced as not having it.
It would be a really bonehead move to include GFWL in anything coming out soon anyway, since it's dying in less than a year.

Also, I'm now boycotting Windforge because of this extremely disturbing thing. (seriously, it's fucking disturbing and sick)

That is so absurd, I can't even tell what the core gameplay is of that game, like a sidescrolling, warped, monster hunter esque game?

Turfster

The gamefly deal rolled over to 66% off Civ5:Gold

The Steam Daily really is just 66% off the Pinball FX2 DLC tables. That's... silly.

That is so absurd, I can't even tell what the core gameplay is of that game, like a sidescrolling, warped, monster hunter esque game?

Sidescrolling crafting, fighting and exploration game where you build ships, apparently.

fantomena

Played 2 hours of GTA V and I have just one ting to say: I NEED THE GODDAMN PC VERSION!

The game just don't look good (sometimes) at all with no HD support, No AA, blurry and a shit ton of motion-blur. The landscapes and textures are good, but this would seriously look 10000000x better on PC.

GTA should not have been released on todays consoles. It looks good, but as a PC gamer, the lack of AA, HD, too much motion blur and a bit slugish controllers would make the console version miles worse than on PC.

Also, the framerate is kinda shit.

Freezard

Played 2 hours of GTA V and I have just one ting to say: I NEED THE GODDAMN PC VERSION!

The game just don't look good at all with no HD support, NOA AA, blurry and a shit ton of motion-blur. The landscapes and extures are good, but this would seriously look 10000000x better on PC.

GTA should not have been released on todays consoles. It looks good, but as a PC gamer, the lack of AA, HD, too much motion blur and a bit slugish controllers would make the console version miles worse than on PC.

It looks damn good on console. No HD? Not sure what version you're playing :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Day One: Garry's Incident added to steam, comes out on September 25th: http://store.steampowered.com/app/242800/

Subtitles: Not checked.

Oh, well... then...

Looked interesting but if I can't understand the story...

I suck at the combat challenge maps to the point of no longer even trying them so a new character is meaningless.

Eh, they aren't that hard outside of three-starring (er-"bat") them. Just mash triangle when you see a "!" to counter, roll-dodge out of groups and take them on one at a time. Easy-peasy. Or that was the way it was with Asylum.

Baha

Any recommendations on the Pinball FX tables? I have the first Marvel pack on 3DS and enjoyed it, so I'm wondering what else is good?

You can demo each table from the client. Personally the Star Wars pack is pretty good for me, especially the empire strikes back table. Plenty of good tables for $1.01 though so I'd give every table a try.

nexen

Any recommendations on the Pinball FX tables? I have the first Marvel pack on 3DS and enjoyed it, so I'm wondering what else is good?

I like the core pack (whatever one has the table with the yellow submarine on the right hand side) and Epic Quest.

Since the Pinball Arcade peeps dont seem to want my money I guess I'll slum it in Pinball F/X. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom