• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriitV

I went through the full list and this is apparently all the removed games I have:
yOBgSgK.png

I went through mine and came up with that list:
xq1qiKi.jpg

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Outrun 2006 is probably my biggest regret in terms of games removed from Steam, that and Blur :( I do have Wheelman though, a game I really like a lot and didn't even realise got removed from Steam.

JDHarbs

Is the game any good? I purchased it a while ago, but never played it, always assumed it was another awful licensed game
If you're a fan of the film then you should enjoy it. The key selling point is the fact that they got the original cast to voice the characters. This game is basically the Ghostbusters 3 that we never got. Gameplay is decent, has some cool moments, and lots of fan service like familiar locations, ghosts, etc. I really enjoyed it.

So it Outrun 2006 universally accepted as the best game removed from Steam?

I actually tweeted a few days ago on how Outrun 2 is still the best racing game ever made, wherever and however you can get it.

Storm360

If you're a fan of the film then you should enjoy it. The key selling point is the fact that they got the original cast to voice the characters. This game is basically the Ghostbusters 3 that we never got. Gameplay is decent, has some cool moments, and lots of fan service like familiar locations, ghosts, etc. I really enjoyed it.

Never actually watched the movie, although I own both on blu-ray, sounds good, I'll most likely play through after I watch both movies

zkylon

zkylewd
oh the batman games are finally available in argentina

that's cool I guess, too bad I already played them a billion years ago

MRORANGE

Why was dirt delisted? Will 2 3 and showdown follow eventually? Car licenses?

Either:

- It used the Colin McRae name and removed the game due to license or respect the fact that he passed away.
- Licenses of cars have expired so no longer able to sell the game.
-
Codemasters realized that DIRT 2 & 3 are utter crap compared to the first game.

I like theory 3.

Storm360

Either:

- It used the Colin McRae name and removed the game due to license or respect the fact that he passed away.
- Licenses of cars have expired so no longer able to sell the game.
-
Codemasters realized that DIRT 2 & 3 are utter crap compared to the first game.

I like theory 3.

I doubt its related to the first, I own it and didn't even have a Steam Account until a few years after his death

fantomena

I should just praise to the higher lords and holys to get all remvoed Steam games back again.

It's sad to think about how I managed to discover Steam 4-6 years ago, created an account, bought a couple of games (Outrun, Riddick, Ghostbusters, Cryostasis, Wolfenstein etc.) and I can't remember any of the information I had on that user. :(

If I remember correct I stopped using Steam and buying games from Steam that time becuse the UI was so shit that I though the entire service was pure scam.

I may know the password, but I have no idea on what e-mai I used. I remember everything so good, except the e-mail and user account name.

I remember many games from that account, games like Battleship, Breach (what a crap game), City of Heroes (wanted that game so much), Dirt, The Godfather 2 (played 20 hours of it), Iron Man (was actually fun), Lost (liked it so much I bought a retail copy).

One of the worst parts (except for not remembering account information): I bought the Vin Diesel game and never played it. Can't remember the title.

Edit: Holy shit. Just remembered I may have the PC I used that time. If I still had Steam instaleld on it, I may recover the account. :D

dani_dc

I do wish I had got Second Sight before it got pulled up, always wanted to give that game a decent try. That and Sega Rally Revo.

Nabs

I should just praise to the higher lords and holys to get all remvoed Steam games back again.

It's sad to think about how I managed to discover Steam 4-6 years ago, created an account, bought a couple of games (Outrun, Riddick, Ghostbusters, Cryostasis, Wolfenstein etc.) and I can't remember any of the information I had on that user. :(

If I remember correct I stopped using Steam and buying games from Steam that time becuse the UI was so shit that I though the entire service was pure scam.

I may know the password, but I have no idea on what e-mai I used. I remember everything so good, except the e-mail and user account name.

I remember many games from that account, games like Battleship, Breach (what a crap game), City of Heroes (wanted that game so much), Dirt, The Godfather 2 (played 20 hours of it), Iron Man (was actually fun), Lost (liked it so much I bought a retail copy).

One of the worst parts (except for not remembering account information): I bought the Vin Diesel game and never played it. Can't remember the title.

Edit: Holy shit. Just remembered I may have the PC I used that time. If I still had Steam instaleld on it, I may recover the account. :D

get that shit back and family share the fuck out of it.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Mafia was pulled from the store because the music licenses expired, I believe.
Understandable I guess.

Nexiuz was horrible and the situation around the creation of it was worse.
Seen a couple decent reviews, but since I haven't played I'll take your word for it :p.

I do wish I had got Second Sight before it got pulled up, always wanted to give that game a decent try. That and Sega Rally Revo.

Skip Second Sight, download Psi-Ops which is free everywhere legally. There both good games though.

Skip Second Sight, download Psi-Ops which is free everywhere legally. There both good games though.
Psi-Ops is one of my favourite games from that gen but I was really disappointed with the PC version. What they were doing with pressure sensitive buttons and analog sticks just didn't translate well, and it was before the time when good controller support was added to PC ports. Another shame as neither console version are all too BC friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom