• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoner

Is All Stars on sale somewhere? I kept waffling on it because of MK7. I'm a damn Sega fan, I need to just own that game.

I don't know what happened but the thing was an open-source game originally... It felt weird to see it getting a retail release.

I bought a key on ebay for ~5 euros

this is a great deal, btw. I'll probably get that soon

Grief.exe

ib2LYxVJZeL7l.gif

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Doesn't that still require a fileplanet account or something?

As far as I know...no.

Psi-Ops is one of my favourite games from that gen but I was really disappointed with the PC version. What they were doing with pressure sensitive buttons and analog sticks just didn't translate well, and it was before the time when good controller support was added to PC ports. Another shame as neither console version are all too BC friendly.

There was sensitive stuff exclusive to PS2? Didn't know. I played through the PC version but never the PS2 version which is weird since I actually own it on PS2(probably cause I lost my controllers). I just bought a crimson red controller for PS2 so maybe I should try it later.

3phemeral

I haven't posted in here in a while, but I just came to say that after replacing my old HP Pavillion DV7 laptop (that could run Skyrim on medium-quality settings), I'm absolutely amazed that this T902 Lifebook with an Intel HD 4000 can handle Skyrim on Ultra settings (granted at 1280x720), using the high-poly fauna and texture mods with lighting/shadow fixes and AO. I thought I would lose a decent gaming laptop with the tablet PC switch, but nope. It's especially great that the weather in Michigan is gloomy and rain soaked. Makes perfect weather for some Skyrimming
(okay, that didn't sound right).

Freezard

Killed the first boss in Darksiders but didn't get the achievement, guess I'm infected by this problem as well. Too bad since it's the first game in a long time that I wanted to 100%.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone here 100%'d Rogue Legacy? I am in New Game+1. I have the door open to go beat the last boss again. I have all runes. I am missing 7-8 pieces of equipment. Farming the 3rd and 4th areas has net a few pieces of equipment, but mostly just cash or stat boosts. I am not using Level Up runes. What's my best plan to get the rest of the gear? Start using Level Up runes? Move on to New Game+2? Please no advice if you are just googling or if you're not as far in the game as I am. Thanks.

mrgone

Anyone here 100%'d Rogue Legacy? I am in New Game+1. I have the door open to go beat the last boss again. I have all runes. I am missing 7-8 pieces of equipment. Farming the 3rd and 4th areas has net a few pieces of equipment, but mostly just cash or stat boosts. I am not using Level Up runes. What's my best plan to get the rest of the gear? Start using Level Up runes? Move on to New Game+2? Please no advice if you are just googling or if you're not as far in the game as I am. Thanks.

I was in a similar situation and just ended up stacking grace runes and running the dungeon for minibosses a dozen times or so. Cleared up most of what I was missing

Grief.exe

*sheds a single tear*

The only shame about the shutdown besides of course gaming becoming unplayable if not switched to steam is that I'll have uncompletable achievement listings for them on my xbox profile forever :/

It doesn't bother me since I see an Xbox and PC as redundant, but I can see why that would bother people.

The only thing you can do is get to playing. Finish off those achievements. There are programs that will get you all of the achievements.

I don't see them as redundant because the xbox has quite a few worthwhile exclusives in my mind(Crimson Dragon huzzah!) and the cost isn't all that high to experience them. And yeah, I'll either finish them up or turn to nefarious means I suppose.

eyeless

Killed the first boss in Darksiders but didn't get the achievement, guess I'm infected by this problem as well. Too bad since it's the first game in a long time that I wanted to 100%.
ya gotta restart steam every time before you launch the game
if you launch the game a second time without restarting the steam client you don't get achievements

WavekSra

When you share games, will game saves be separated? In this case, my bro owns Tomb Raider and I am going to start a new game. Will my progress overwrite his save files?

Freezard

ya gotta restart steam every time before you launch the game
if you launch the game a second time without restarting the steam client you don't get achievements

That's fabulous, since the game crashes every time I alt-tab. Oh well good to know, I can go back and beat the boss on easy if I actually go for 100% :)

Storm360

When you share games, will game saves be separated? In this case, my bro owns Tomb Raider and I am going to start a new game. Will my progress overwrite his save files?

If its through family sharing, everything is individual, heck, my dad even shows up on the "Friends who play" on the games I've shared

@MNC Why not just grab a retail copy? I got mine from a charity store for 50p and key worked fine, although granted its luck of the draw

BrianD

Neo Member
That's fabulous, since the game crashes every time I alt-tab. Oh well good to know, I can go back and beat the boss on easy if I actually go for 100% :)
Also, if I recall correctly, opening the Steam overlay prevents the achievements from triggering for some weird reason, so don't do that either if you want to get your achievements.

A little late reply, but why can't you just pick it up from the client? I never redeemed any keys to gfwl, do they not show those keys in the client after the fact?

Nope, that'd be too simple... Plus I can't actually run the client standalone any more, I have to load up another game and do it in there. Annoying, but at least the bloody thing is dying.

Focus on boss rooms, that's where all your remaining drops will be.

Moving on could help too, new items are given with frequency based on the difficulty on the area you are in.

BrianD

Neo Member
I almost bought Prey on gamesplanet a few weeks ago but I decided I would do it later when I saw they only accepted credit cards and not Paypal (because I was too lazy to enter my credit card details and I thought the game would still be there for a long time as it had been available for years on that site).
Now I check back on gamesplanet and the game isn't available anymore, great.

Outrun 2006 is probably my biggest regret in terms of games removed from Steam, that and Blur :( I do have Wheelman though, a game I really like a lot and didn't even realise got removed from Steam.

I really regret not buying Batman Arkham Asylum vanilla, Outrun 2006 and The Wheelman (I had it on my wishlist and bam, it was removed the same fucking day I decided to buy it).

Grief.exe

The physical copies of games like Lost Planet and Prey are a finite resource. They won't last forever.

Either is nice to have for a play through, but I don't see them as 'must own.'

The Steamworks version of Lost Planet is being sold for $2.50 on Steam sale at this point, so the physical copy will be more expensive. Just using it as an example.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Gonna try tommorrow.

I remember that I loved the TV cartoonic show "W.I.T.C.H" that time and I guess the account name has someting to do with it.

wut

Do you have any physical game you registered a key with it? (for instance, Half Life 2)? You can use a picture of the box/cd key as proof of ownership and redeem it through support that way.

Or maybe through payment information.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I thought Jase was saying they could not do that, I could be mistaken.

In the past, a picture (with proof) of a serial key was enough to redeem a steam account you forgot the password to. I don't know if that's still the case.

Edit: obviously you would need more details, I would still use it as "but I own this account, this picture of this game I redeemed it in the past is proof" on the support ticket.

I know nothing about merging accounts.

Grief.exe

In the past, a picture (with proof) of a serial key was enough to redeem a steam account you forgot the password to. I don't know if that's still the case.

Edit: obviously you would need more details, I would still use it as "but I own this account, this picture of this game I redeemed it in the past is proof" on the support ticket.

I know nothing about merging accounts.

That response was in reference to merging accounts, not what you said.

Dr Dogg

Urghhhhh. Why is wishlist management such a massive pain in the arse.

In the age of JavaScript libraries, plug-ins a plenty and simple AJAX implementation does Valve conjure up something so frustrating. I thought it might be easier on the phone app but no just a remove link.

Doesn't help it's been like it for ages either. Flipping Valve time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Urghhhhh. Why is wishlist management such a massive pain in the arse.

In the age of JavaScript libraries, plug-ins a plenty and simple AJAX implementation does Valve conjure up something so frustrating. I thought it might be easier on the phone app but no just a remove link.

Doesn't help it's been like it for ages either. Flipping Valve time.

When you say "management" what are you referring to exactly? Just organizing the list?

Dr Dogg

When you say "management" what are you referring to exactly? Just organizing the list?

Yeah pretty much. Seeing as I've gone past the 100 mark again and having to slowly drag shit from the bottom of a very long list is tedious as fuck. They should sign you up dude hahaha. You'd have it sorted in a day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shackles, I think I sent you a PM about not seeing the price of cards on my inventory list, did it ever get to you or did I send it to the wrong person?

Yeah sorry I got that but didn't have time to respond at the time. I'll send you my thoughts now...

jshackles

Yeah pretty much. Seeing as I've gone past the 100 mark again and having to slowly drag shit from the bottom of a very long list is tedious as fuck. They should sign you up dude hahaha. You'd have it sorted in a day.

One thing you can do (although I totally agree it's a shitty way) is that you can click into the box that has the ranking number and change the number. Then scroll up and push save and it should put that game into that ranking slot.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I just finished Escape Goat, it's a very cool puzzle game with tight controls, it took me a little more than 3 hours to finish it, most of the puzzles are relatively easy but not easy enough to make you feel there isn't a challenge, I highly recommend it if you like those kind of games. Special thanks to the GAFfer who gifted it to me :)

jshackles

I don't mean it like that, I typed your name in the TO field, I just wasn't sure if I've made a mistake or not.

Only reply it if you want to.

No worries. Check your PMs. :)

Dr Dogg

One thing you can do (although I totally agree it's a shitty way) is that you can click into the box that has the ranking number and change the number. Then scroll up and push save and it should put that game into that ranking slot.

I was wondering that. Don't know how they are storing each entry and if it was just an integer field to determine ranking. If you could just say swap entry 80 for entry 1 that would be a start but I can see that causing all sorts of head aches of putting stuff at the top down to the bottom. God knows if it's possible to make an array and send that all at once. I'll just let the professionals handle it hahaha.

Edit: Scratch that. What you suggested has sped up my OCD ten fold. Cheers!

KarmaCow

I just finished Escape Goat, it's a very cool puzzle game with tight controls, it took me a little more than 3 hours to finish it, most of the puzzles are relatively easy but not easy enough to make you feel there isn't a challenge, I highly recommend it if you like those kind of games. Special thanks to the GAFfer who gifted it to me :)

Have you tried going for room specific achievements? It's about split down the middle with half about dexterity and other half being additional restrictions placed on certain rooms.

The speed run achievement is very lenient though and more about remembering the rooms rather than developing optimal solutions.

jshackles

I was wondering that. Don't know how they are storing each entry and if it was just an integer field to determine ranking. If you could just say swap entry 80 for entry 1 that would be a start but I can see that causing all sorts of head aches of putting stuff at the top down to the bottom. God knows if it's possible to make an array and send that all at once. I'll just let the professionals handle it hahaha.

Edit: Scratch that. What you suggested has sped up my OCD ten fold. Cheers!

Glad it helped! I'm planning on adding a "Send to top of wishlist" button to Enhanced Steam in a future update that would accomplish something like this in a single click.

Cheers!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Have you tried going for room specific achievements? It's about split down the middle with half about dexterity and other half being additional restrictions placed on certain rooms.

The speed run achievement is very lenient though and more about remembering the rooms rather than developing optimal solutions.

I was going to do Daredevil first since it looks to be the most insane :lol

EDIT: I forgot to mention there are some really cool difficult puzzles after you beat the game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom