• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, if someone could give me some advice please. I've tried Googling it for awhile now but can't find a definitive answer.

My mate helped me build a new PC a few weeks ago. When he did, he installed Windows 7 Pro on it, just to get me started. I don't have a product key, so I've never activated it and time is running out, I have 7 days left.

Now I want to buy Windows 8 upgrade from Microsoft store (download), so that's all good but my question is, when I install it, will all my installed Steam games be kept or will I have to redownload/reinstall them?

Any help appreciated.

MRORANGE

Okay guys, if someone could give me some advice please. I've tried Googling it for awhile now but can't find a definitive answer.

My mate helped me build a new PC a few weeks ago. When he did, he installed Windows 7 Pro on it, just to get me started. I don't have a product key, so I've never activated it and time is running out, I have 7 days left.

Now I want to buy Windows 8 upgrade from Microsoft store (download), so that's all good but my question is, when I install it, will all my installed Steam games be kept or will I have to redownload/reinstall them?

Any help appreciated.

Copy the Steamapps folder, and move it to the new Steamapps folder in win8, it's in the OP, you can also do backups by the Steam menu but this is tedious.

Actually not sure if it will work as it's Win8 and you have win7, best to do a integrity check on each game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Any help appreciated.

You can't buy an upgrade key if you don't have a valid and working Windows 7 installation running. Not that I'm aware anyway.

About your steam games, that depends. Are they installed on the C drive or on a different drive?

Upgrading doesn't wipe your C drive, so you wouldn't have to redownload all of them, just reinstall.

You can't buy an upgrade key if you don't have a valid and working Windows 7 installation running. Not that I'm aware anyway.

About your steam games, that depends. Are they installed on the C drive or on a different drive?

Upgrading doesn't wipe your C drive, so you wouldn't have to redownload all of them, just reinstall.

I checked it out and I can install windows 8 over an unactivated windows 7, so that's all good.

Some games are installed to C: but the majority are on a second E: drive.

Copy the Steamapps folder, and move it to the new Steamapps folder in win8, it's in the OP, you can also do backups by the Steam menu but this is tedious.

Actually not sure if it will work as it's Win8 and you have win7, best to do a integrity check on each game.

Thanks man, I'll try that.

Game isn't on Steam, so can't really tell :s Can't be that much compared to the second one.

Yeah, I know. Maybe I'm just overstimating the number of people that play MMOs at the same time.

I used to play RO1 when I was younger on unoficial servers and they were always packed. But thinking about it was always around 500 people.

Eternia

Just checked Ragnarok Online 2 and only 11 steam friends play it. Um, is it a dead community?
World of Warcraft clone with the game design nudging you towards their cash shop which is full of randomized item boxes. There were a few game breaking issues that trivialized end-game content, several horrifically botched community events, and poorly balanced game overall. Even the holiday events are huge grinds that require the cash shop to fully get everything. With the game holding little resemblance to the original, I'm not surprised people bolted quickly, especially with the constant money-grabbing tactics.

mrgone

Any decent Shmups on Steam?

Jamestown, Sine Mora, the eXceed games (on sale on Groupees right now for $1.50 for the set - the bundle's almost entirely shmups, too), the Gundemonium games, Astro Tripper, Ether Vapor Remaster, and Satazius.

Some dual-stick shooters as well: Geometry Wars, Really Big Sky, Bullet Candy, Everyday Shooter, Waves, Mutant Storm Reloaded, and Ion Assault.

Probably missing some, but that's the bulk of 'em.

Ikaruga's going to be there soon, and it's pretty much the most decent of all shmups :) Syder Arcade's been recently greenlit, too, so that'll be up soon I'm guessing. Fun game :)

MRORANGE

So STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 VII is complete, it's a bit more streamlined and compact for quicker reading - slightly.

Anyways I need recommendations on what the next thread title should be called - go for it!

maneil99

So STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 VII is complete, it's a bit more streamlined and compact for quicker reading - slightly.

Anyways I need recommendations on what the next thread title should be called - go for it!
Steam Announcements & Updates 2013 VII - Where is Halo 3

Turfster

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 VII - That's pronounced vee, right?

AsylumX

Steam Announcements & Updates 2013 VII - You can't revive Aerith.

Tenrius

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: All in the Family
or
STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: I counted them
(it's a quote, guess where from)
or
STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Crysis Core
or
STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 7 Guests, 11 Hours, Quite a Few Doors

Accoun

Steam Announcements & Updates 2013 VII: The best family in the universe

Steam Announcements & Updates 2013 VII: Welcome to the family

Dunno...

Tesseract

Banned

steam announcements & updates 2013 VII - they who control the steam control the universe

fiddle with the caps as you may. search your soul, you know this is the new title.

it's gushing with inspirational gabe sauce.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Consider something Halloween-ish, since we are so close.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: And then the installer for Uplay began to run.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: GFWL, now in every game.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Friends with benefits
tumblr_mpz3chpRqT1sytgpro1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom