• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Saw a bunch of answers above, derp. Assuming that it's just a matter of waiting, not redownloading the game? Took quite a while on my dorm internet at 17gb.

Derrick01

Banned
Why the hell did arkham city install amd dual core optimizer on my PC? 1) I have nothing AMD related at all and 2) I don't have a dual core.

I'm assuming it's ok to remove?

ss_lemonade

What's do you get with the deluxe edition of Deadly Premonition? I haven't played the game yet but it looks intriguing (and quirky at the same time lol) enough for a pre purchase

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Why the hell did arkham city install amd dual core optimizer on my PC? 1) I have nothing AMD related at all and 2) I don't have a dual core.

I'm assuming it's ok to remove?

Do you have a single core? Does your computer have two cores? Does Batman Arkham City use two cores and uses some code optimization developed by AMD?

Those are all questions you should ask yourself.

I also don't know, but I don't care. It's probably what I said: Some Dual Core Optimization code made by AMD and used by Arkham City, because no game uses more than 2 cores.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Figured I'd be proactive so as to avoid any nasty surprises, and because every time I tempt fate, I lose.

dmq1kas.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What's do you get with the deluxe edition of Deadly Premonition? I haven't played the game yet but it looks intriguing (and quirky at the same time lol) enough for a pre purchase

Just the OST.

What, there's a Deluxe Edition?

Deadly Premonition was originally released only on the 360. The PS3 Version, called Red Seeds Profile, was only released in Japan.

Recently, a new, rebalanced version of the game was re-released on the PS3. The Director's Edition, this time, also came on the US. It added... things (I'm not sure what), but the most important bulletpoints were a rebalanced gameplay, better framerate (which isn't actually true, the Framerate is still worse than the 360 version of the game) and... sexy extra outfits for Emily, the female cop character.

That Director's Cut is the version coming out for PC.

Turfster

I have an intel quad core cpu. If it's not referring to that I have no idea.
Yeah, it is, but it basically fixed the XP multicore kernel timings.
It's not very useful in windows 7.

I also don't have a dual core system, but nor do I have a single core one. Go figure!

EDIT: sort of beaten.
Sort of missed the point ;)
It was for all multicore processors, way back when people still used XP =p

Chronoja

Figured I'd be proactive so as to avoid any nasty surprises, and because every time I tempt fate, I lose.

*image*

I figured you'd give in considering the fuss going on about it. The safety net in this case is that it's a steamworks game, or at least keys from other sites like Gamersgate redeem on steam should it get pulled from the main store.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I figured you'd give in considering the fuss going on about it. The safety net in this case is that it's a steamworks game, or at least keys from other sites like Gamersgate redeem on steam should it get pulled from the main store.

Yeah, I thought about waiting it out and seeing if there'd be a sale in the near future, but history suggested that wasn't a good idea, and $9 was cheap enough.

Because it's a scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamtotally unfinished game the dev isn't planning on fixing. There's a thread for it and everything.
Yeah someone posted some impressions in the Indie Thread that the "ending" is you walking through some nondescript door and then an abrupt screen of text. That's it. Don't waste your money, guys

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is the last achievement bugged or is that just steam not reporting?

I'm apparently at 21 hours, not sure why it hasn't triggered. It's not bugged, tons of people have it, it's not even remotely the most rare achievement for the game. I was hoping to get the 100% equipment achievement before I hit the 20 hour mark, but just whiffed it because I was having trouble triggering equipment drops until I moved to NG+2

Exuro

I'm apparently at 21 hours, not sure why it hasn't triggered. It's not bugged, tons of people have it, it's not even remotely the most rare achievement for the game. I was hoping to get the 100% equipment achievement before I hit the 20 hour mark, but just whiffed it because I was having trouble triggering equipment drops until I moved to NG+2
Did you hit 20 hours on that playthrough? I had to exit and start up the game after hitting 20. I'm guessing the achievement checks at launch if you have over 20 hours.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm thinking about starting a new HL2 playthrough... Is there any must have mods available? I'd love something to get some better graphics (but nothing as crazy as that cinematic mod).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yeah I got it, but it took a bit over 21 or 22 hours of "Steam-tracked" playtime. I read somewhere that the time spent in the menu, selecting your hero, and selecting your upgrades (basically the "time between turns") didn't count.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone wanna translate what the Ikaruga devas have been posting on twitter concerning the Steam release?

It pretty much says the game is finished have to adjust it for Steam integration+bug checking, and that it will come out either this or next month from what I can parse.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm thinking about starting a new HL2 playthrough... Is there any must have mods available? I'd love something to get some better graphics (but nothing as crazy as that cinematic mod).

Downsampling, play on hard, no hud, no crosshairs.

Not sure of any mods that are...Less intrusive than the cinematic mod but as impressive. I've tried one or two of the ENBs out there, but didn't find them worthwhile.

Cth

Adding a vote for Friends with Benefits..

Woulda made a title referencing next gen.. probably something about Next Gen Gaming running out of Steam blahblah..

Do we know if the steam version of Enslaved is gonna have the Pigsy dlc packaged with it or separate?

I never played the dlc but heard it got high marks from critics and it would interest me more if it was included.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Do we know if the steam version of Enslaved is gonna have the Pigsy dlc packaged with it or separate?

I never played the dlc but heard it got high marks from critics and it would interest me more if it was included.

All the recent late ports have included all DLC so it's highly likely. It's decent DLC if you like the main game.

I'm having a niggly problem where when I first launch Steam, it gives me an error message saying Steam is unavailable and may be down to my network settings.

I click ok, which is the only option available, then retry launching steam, and it logs in just fine. It has been happening for a few days now where it is always the second attempt that gets me logged in. Any ideas? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom