• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't work, it was also slow in my web browser. I'm not sure what was up but it seems to have fixed itself now. I've noticed a couple of problems like this over the past couple of days, mostly when navigating the Workshop for Civ V mods the pages just refused to load.

Well I'm glad it's behaving itself again. Now that you mention it it can be a bit temperamental for me too recently. Rather irritating when it happens.

Jawmuncher

I'm sure! Along with the FOV fix, it's probably the best way to play it. I'll check it out again sometime next year, since I recently played it on console. I'm content enough with RE5 mercs for now.

Playing RE6 on PC was like playing a new game.
60FPS and at 1080P really made a huge difference.

But yeah last I played RE5 on PC it was a great experience as well.
Especially the PC exclusive mercs mode which i'm sure you tried.

def sim

Playing RE6 on PC was like playing a new game.
60FPS and at 1080P really made a huge difference.

But yeah last I played RE5 on PC it was a great experience as well.
Especially the PC exclusive mercs mode which i'm sure you tried.

I played a bit of it several years back when I had an 8800gt. It ran well enough, though I didn't really play it too much since I was on a shared account. Right now I'm doing a quick run through of the story to get back Mercs and professional mode.

Jawmuncher

I played a bit of it several years back when I had an 8800gt. It ran well enough, though I didn't really play it too much since I was on a shared account. Right now I'm doing a quick run through of the story to get back Mercs and professional mode.

Ahhh ok.
Yeah it's odd that even the PC release locks mercs away until the story is beat.
Still sucks we never got the gold release content on PC. Barry in Mercs was killer.

Sorry to ask here but the Maldo HD thread is dead.

I've installed maldos mod for Crysis 2 correctly and then start from the created shortcut but I'm still not sure if it's running or not. The game now skips intro movies but there is no big Maldo image on the start screen. That only appears if I load the mod from inside the game and restart.

Anyone else ever use the mod that can tell me a way to make sre it's working? The game looks great, but I havent played the game without the mod installed to be sure if what I'm looking at is improved.

Anteater

Sorry to ask here but the Maldo HD thread is dead.

I've installed maldos mod for Crysis 2 correctly and then start from the created shortcut but I'm still not sure if it's running or not. The game now skips intro movies but there is no big Maldo image on the start screen. That only appears if I load the mod from inside the game and restart.

Anyone else ever use the mod that can tell me a way to make sre it's working? The game looks great, but I havent played the game without the mod installed to be sure if what I'm looking at is improved.

The shortcut didn't work for me so I always just go to the mod option in the main menu and launch it there (it will restart), if it's launched correctly your title screen should be different.

Jawmuncher

Agarest Cards are bring in dat cash!

Yeah they are crazy expenisve at the moment.
Wanted the badge but anything more than 40 cents is to much for me.

Also just random Cherry Tree Comedy Club Cards are going up in price.
I sold some last mo)nth for 60 cents (Which was the high) and now some are up to a dollar for a regular.

Hope you enjoy, I certainly did.

Thanks :) I'm going to settle down to it shortly. It looks like just the sort of thing I shall enjoy anyway. It's just the sort of different from the norm game that makes me so glad to be a pc gamer now.

Oh and enjoy:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project -- MB-F919644FC91F492C - Taken by Tenrius
Impire -- MB-35D241D938381AE8 - Taken by angular graphics

Tenrius

Thanks :) I'm going to settle down to it shortly. It looks like just the sort of thing I shall enjoy anyway. It's just the sort of different from the norm game that makes me so glad to be a pc gamer now.

Oh and enjoy:

Thanks for Duke Nukem. Played quite a bit of Duke Nukem 2 back in the day, curious about this one.

The_Monk

So STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 VII is complete, it's a bit more streamlined and compact for quicker reading - slightly.

Anyways I need recommendations on what the next thread title should be called - go for it!

For Halloween Steam Sale purposes only:

Steam Halloween Sale 2013: Fellow GAFfers & Pumpkin Smashers

def sim

Ahhh ok.
Yeah it's odd that even the PC release locks mercs away until the story is beat.
Still sucks we never got the gold release content on PC. Barry in Mercs was killer.

Yeah, it's disappointing the DLC isn't in there. Especially so since I have yet to play both Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape. With Capcom possibly converting all their games to steamworks, maybe they'll decide to bring it over.

Momentary

Banned
I patiently await the day for games like Dragon's Crown, Guilty Gear, Persona, Disgaea, and Metal Gear Rising to hit the Steam platform. For on that day, console gaming will be dead to me.

Tenrius

I patiently await the day for games like Dragon's Crown, Guilty Gear, Persona, Disgaea, and Metal Gear Rising to hit the Steam platform. For on that day, console gaming will be dead to me.

I'd throw a goddamn party if they were ever to bring SMT: Nocturne to Steam.

Anteater

I'd throw a goddamn party if they were ever to bring SMT: Nocturne to Steam.

at least you could always emulate that, in a few years I'll still need to leave a ps3 plugged in to play that shitty ass bayonetta port, or play the shitty ass bayonetta port through streaming on a ps4 >_>

Why do you do this to me Sega?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I'm having a blast replaying through Batman Arkham City, beating goons and flying around the city feels so satisfying.

Different skins are cool to, moreso because I didn't have to pay for them. I like the Batman Beyond one, cause I loved the cartoon when I was little. The only problem is...

sexyflanders.gif

Stupid sexy Batman!

I might buy Arkham Asylum later. Been years since I played it on PS3.

$20.00 for Deadpool. It's on my wishlist... Hmmmm.

Dont do it. Seriously. Its a bad game.

I really didnt understand why some people in the Deadpool OT defended the Game. The gameplay is like from one of those bad brawslers from the PS2-era.

It really isnt a good game and even 20$ is far too much for that.

Tizoc

What if he's a huge Deadpool fan guys?

As a Deadpool fan I'd still wait until the Winter Seal at most for it to go for under $20, if it doesn't by then, well this being Acti, you take what you can get.
Note that I already Plat'd it on PS3 and have my PS3 disc copy~

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-6A6453B098B5E1E8 - Taken by gabrielt16. 4 entrants total.

t1382280297z1.png

Copons

Did he or did he not, ask someone in Valve, with his best European game reviewer accent, if he can have a Press Master Sub account for Steam and if he has received it yet.

Super late, but just wanted to say mine was a quote from Malcolm in the Middle theme song. ^^

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
According to the current stats:

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 VIII: Your Chance of Getting a Beta Steambox is less than 0.008%

This one's probably too long to fit, but I like it. Particularly because of the 8 in the percentage. Maybe Steam OT 8: Multiply by 10^-5 for your chance at a beta Steambox

Seanspeed

Banned
I needed that. Its only been a couple months and I now have 75 games.

Probably need to re-read that weekly! lol

What I did was create a 'Now Playing' category in my Steam list. No buying anything else unless its something I really wanted. No starting any other games until I finish one in the Now Playing list.

Perpetual games like Terraria, Minecraft, F1 2013 and BF4 are exceptions.

The Halloween sale will start 28th october since that's the day Slender: The Arrival releases on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/252330/

The devs said Slender will release the same day the sale starts.
This will be my first big test! haha

Thank god BF4 comes out the day afterwards.

Grief.exe

I needed that. Its only been a couple months and I now have 75 games.

Probably need to re-read that weekly! lol

What I did was create a 'Now Playing' category in my Steam list. No buying anything else unless its something I really wanted. No starting any other games until I finish one in the Now Playing list.

Perpetual games like Terraria, Minecraft, F1 2013 and BF4 are exceptions.

When you first start on Steam your library absolutely explodes as you expand your library and acquire your favorites.
If you are sensible, your spending will slow down to a trickle after you reach a certain point.

urban chaos is on steam now? i always wanted that fucking game on dreamcast but never got around to it.

awesome! love when random old games pop up like that out of nowhere

edit: and shadowman, 11th hour, and 7th guest? goddamn!

backdrifter

Neo Member
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Greed Corp -- MB-CFDF79485E6CCB01 - Taken by Kirosia. 4 entrants total.

t1382283898z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom