• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said above, there's a (relatively) significant price disparity: the 3 + 4 upgrade is $11.25 on the official site but the Season Pass on Steam is discounted by 75% if you own the first two episodes, knocking it down to $7.49. You can't buy the latter at the moment, as noted earlier, but assuming the discount isn't a mistake, it'd be worth waiting for the sub to be fixed.

$2865.90 worth of DLC, to be precise!

How do you get that 75% off? I own the first 2 eps from the groupees bundle...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I hate reading, I like clicking.

These are the skills Dota has instilled in me.

iy5gMNWMhlSUD.gif

Li Kao

So State of Decay is the full game minus Mouse and Keyboard support?

Are they adding anything else before release?

Yeah that's my interrogation as well. When you have a game that is a work in progress, I don't expect a full game, normal. But when the game in question is already available on other hardwares, what is the state of the early access stuff ?
If this is more or less the same as on xbox, with more or less bugs to iron out, okay, but it could well be too early for that.

Grief.exe

Can't watch it this minute, do they say how if the pc version will hit at the same time as the PS4 version? I know it's only "console exclusive" to the PS4 but wasn't sure if it'd get a little time on its own on the PS4. Super excited about this one.

At the end Kasivin says early 2014, launching on both the PS4 and PC! Console exclusive just means that the XB1 won't have it.

Watching Rev3's videos kind of piss be off at times because they are all so ignorant towards the PC market.

Considering the majority of my day involves steam I am suprised how little I know of the prison/key economy and purchasing of games through it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Can't watch it this minute, do they say how if the pc version will hit at the same time as the PS4 version? I know it's only "console exclusive" to the PS4 but wasn't sure if it'd get a little time on its own on the PS4. Super excited about this one.

Always assume that is a console manufacturer can fuck you, they absolutely will.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those interested in Pac Man DX+, GMG has put up a 25% discount code -- GMG25-J4B0D-FLH8M -- which works with the game, taking it down to $7.50.

Edit: Oh, and to clarify, it's a general-use code, not one limited to just a handful of select titles.

At the end Kasivin says early 2014, launching on both the PS4 and PC! Console exclusive just means that the XB1 won't have it.

Watching Rev3's videos kind of piss be off at times because they are all so ignorant towards the PC market.

Nice, looks fantastic. I actually only just got Bastion off the HiB (late to the party on that one), but I'm really impressed, and Transistor looks more in my wheelhouse of the two. Hahah yea, I don't visit there much but any video with Greg Kasivin is worth watching.

And yaaaas, at State of Decay being up. My little one is watching stuff on netflix right now before bed, but as soon as he's done, that mother is getting purchased and I'm hogging all the bandwidth to get it asap. In a cool turn of events, my girlfriend actually grabbed me GTA as a surprise today after I decided to pass on it and stubbornly wait uot the pc version, so I'm gonna have an open world overdose this weekend.

Li Kao

For those interested in Pac Man DX+, GMG has put up a 25% discount code -- GMG25-J4B0D-FLH8M -- which works with the game, taking it down to $7.50.

Edit: Oh, and to clarify, it's a general-use code, not one limited to just a handful of select titles.

First time I buy a game with a discount only for it to be discounted further two hours after that. Not the end of the world but, hey...
Tempting 25% on so many things, I must resist or the end of the year sales won't be as cool.

Grief.exe

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247120/

Portal 2 Sixense Perceptual Pack is a stand-alone game, developed with the Intel Perceptual Computing SDK, custom-designed for use with the Creative Senz3D depth and gesture camera, which is required to play this title.

Portal 2 is not required to play Portal 2 Sixense Perceptual Pack.

Product Features
Portal 2 Sixense Perceptual Pack enables players to experience the Portal 2 world with low latency, intuitive and immersive motion control using their hands.
One to One: Reach into the environments with your hands, place cubes and redirect lasers with precision, intuitively.
7 new exclusive maps: The Portal 2 Sixense Perceptual Pack includes a set of custom single-player maps with puzzles specifically designed for the Creative Senz3D camera.
senz3dbanner.jpg

Sorry im on a train so cant fact check.

If i was to use my 2 cognition codes on steam and THEN add the season pass to my basket, will i be offered the 75% discount?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man I don't know whether this description for Marlow Briggs is the best thing ever or the worst.

MARLOW BRIGGS!!!! said:
A new breed of WARRIOR returns, committed to destroying the enemies of FREEDOM
When ONE angry man, has a world to protect - There is only ONE future – HIS OWN

No-nonsense hero Marlow never shied away from danger or trouble. But now he faces his ULTIMATE challenge. After crash-landing in Central America, he has an industrial evil to defeat whilst bound to an ancient Mayan Death Mask who’s had no-one to talk to for 2000 years. Another day at the office only this time Marlow is PUSHED TO THE LIMIT , his sweetheart has been abducted, the bad guys are making up their own rules and only one man can judge them – and EXECUTE THE SENTENCE .

Fearlessly fighting through Mayan temples and towering valleys, monstrous machinery, nothing, but nothing, will stand in the way of this bad ass warrior, his girl and the crushing of all opposition.

They told him to go to HELL, he was DEAD ready.

Turfster

If i was to use my 2 cognition codes on steam and THEN add the season pass to my basket, will i be offered the 75% discount?

Yes, but like I said, it's currently broken. You can't buy the season pass because you 'already own it'. Give it some time, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yes except you couldn't actually buy it. Steam will say you already own it, and they've disabled gifting. So for now you'll either have to buy it directly from their store page or wait until the issue is fixed.

Yes, but like I said, it's currently broken. You can't buy the season pass because you 'already own it'. Give it some time, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Yes except you couldn't actually buy it. Steam will say you already own it, and they've disabled gifting. So for now you'll either have to buy it directly from their store page or wait until the issue is fixed.

Ok thanks, wasnt sure how it worked. Ill wait ;)

Baha

Yes but add your episode 2 code first. They said that episode 1 would be added for free to ep 2-3 individual codes so try adding your ep 2 codes first to see if ep 1 is included.

Turfster

Yes but add your episode 2 code first. They said that episode 1 would be added for free to ep 2-3 individual codes so try adding your ep 2 codes first to see if ep 1 is included.

It's not. At least, it wasn't for me.

Also, GMG is having a couple of sales.
75% off the Dungeon Sieges, which includes separate steam codes for the first 2 apparently.
Also up to 75% off on other games
Don't forget the extra coupons.

Seriously, Steam and GAF, stop dying. Thank you.

You know, as much as I'm looking forward to playing state of decay, one thing is for sure though: If the guys over at devolver digital had managed to get Shadow Warrior up there for £25/£20 on the pre-purchase offer instead of £30/£25 on the offer, I'd have snapped that up in a heartbeat over SoD. I really enjoyed hard reset last week, so good.

Not to insinuate that £30/£25 is a bad price for a good gaming experience though, it's more that I only really have £20 to expend on games this week coming.

JaseC

It's not. At least, it wasn't for me.

Also, GMG is having a couple of sales.
75% off the Dungeon Sieges, which includes separate steam codes for the first 2 apparently.
Also up to 75% off on other games
Don't forget the extra coupons.

Seriously, Steam and GAF, stop dying. Thank you.

Cheers. ~62% off Beatbuddy (when factoring in the 25% discount code) is cheap enough.

JaseC

Will the price for State of Decay and Godus go up when they are finished?

Decay is $20 on XBLA, so I wouldn't think so. Godus I'm not sure about.

Edit: Godus seems to be a "no" also, judging from its Kickstarter tiers (15 pounds got you beta access as well as a guarantee of the full game, which is what the Early Access version costs on Steam UK).

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
You know, as much as I'm looking forward to playing state of decay, one thing is for sure though: If the guys over at devolver digital had managed to get Shadow Warrior up there for £25/£20 on the pre-purchase offer instead of £30/£25 on the offer, I'd have snapped that up in a heartbeat over SoD. I really enjoyed hard reset last week, so good.

Not to insinuate that £30/£25 is a bad price for a good gaming experience though, it's more that I only really have £20 to expend on games this week coming.

If you go the TF2 key trading route you can get it for less than £20, that's what I did anyway.

Li Kao

Will the price for State of Decay and Godus go up when they are finished?

2 cents : it would make sense.
3 cents : I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about so...

Edit - Ungh, selling early access at the same price as the final product is not really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom