• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The only game I want to play is the one I can't have.

No, seriously, I have a bunch of Steam games I could be playing but I'm listening to Panzer Dragoon Orta music and thinking what a shame it is that it'll like be years before Xbox emulation makes it possible to play again without hooking up my 360 and finding my disc.

The Panzer Dragoon games were great. We should talk about them instead of drawing attention to our crippling digital hoarding tendencies.

No, seriously, I have a bunch of Steam games I could be playing but I'm listening to Panzer Dragoon Orta music and thinking what a shame it is that it'll like be years before Xbox emulation makes it possible to play again without hooking up my 360 and finding my disc.

The Panzer Dragoon games were great. We should talk about them instead of drawing attention to our crippling digital hoarding tendencies.
Used Xboxes and copies of Orta surely can't be that expensive? I paid less than $60 for my console, Orta, and component cables.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Used Xboxes and copies of Orta surely can't be that expensive? I paid less than $60 for my console, Orta, and component cables.

Oh I'm exaggerating, yeah. I really just don't want to hunt down all the physical components to make it happen. PC gaming, digital distribution and emulation have made me so very lazy. So very, very lazy.

Oh I'm exaggerating, yeah. I really just don't want to hunt down all the physical components to make it happen. PC gaming, digital distribution and emulation have made me so very lazy. So very, very lazy.
I was so lazy about the disc swapping and stuff that I modded mine and put a 500gb HDD in it. Much nicer to just pick the games from a menu than go get the disc out, until I realise that I bought a bad disc weeks after I got it because I ripped it and didn't play it...

Modding an Xbox can take more resources and effort than necessary if you just want it for that one game though.

Khronico

You guys ever have one of those moments where you look through your game library and want to play none of it, but you really want to play something?

Happens all the time. The process for me is usually 1) look through my 60 or so installed games 2) "there's nothing to play" 3) casually play some favorites for a few minutes 4) get bored 5) repeat.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You guys ever have one of those moments where you look through your game library and want to play none of it, but you really want to play something?

I've been having that for the last 4 hours.

I installed Fallout 1 from GOG to play it, but then I didn't want to play it anymore so I uninstalled it without running it....

It's probably why I don't play my games. :p A similar problem is finding something you want to play only to realise it isn't installed.

I installed Fallout 1 from GOG to play it, but then I didn't want to play it anymore so I uninstalled it without running it....

First world problems :)
I feel the same, too many games, I get overwhelmed and don't know what to play

Tellaerin

I'm still waffling over that X bundle. I'm interested, but I don't want to drop $6 to BTA only to decide they're impenetrable and never play them. I was thinking about just buying in for $1 instead, but the consensus seems to be either BTA or don't bother.

Maybe I ought to just reinstall Darkstar One and try to get my space fix that way. :p

In other news, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken was one of those games that came out of left field for me that I'm thoroughly enjoying. A 2.5D action-adventure that plays sort of like Rolling Thunder plus some light puzzle elements, starring a roided-out anthropomorphic chicken on a mission to assassinate the leader of an oppressive penguin empire. I couldn't make this shit up if I wanted to.

I'm still waffling over that X bundle. I'm interested, but I don't want to drop $6 to BTA only to decide they're impenetrable and never play them. I was thinking about just buying in for $1 instead, but the consensus seems to be either BTA or don't bother.

I'd pay $1 and play X3. Give it a go and see what you think because you can pretty much bank on another sale in November for rebirth to pick up the expansions if needed.

Even then, chances are rebirth will be the game to play at that point anyway.

Grief.exe

Sega has a great library of games from that generation. I can't believe they will sit on them forever.

Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi, Shenmue II, Jet Set Radio Future, Skies of Arkadia, and now Atlas' back-catalog. You have to think we will see more of these going into next-gen.

Tellaerin

Enlarge the Steam window, change to grid view, and throw a dart to determine your next conquest.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage that may befall your display.

That is probably the best avatar picture of Saoirse yet. (Or at least my favorite so far, anyway.)

milenko79

Neo Member
I'm feeling the need to play some COD. Can anyone tell me if black ops 2 at amazon is region locked? They seem to have the best price for it right now.

I'm playing Saints Row The Third but I don't know, after Sleeping Dogs it feels like a chore, I'm not having nearly as much fun as I had with SD.

I've played for around 4 hours, does it gets better later on, or should I just give up?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That is probably the best avatar picture of Saoirse yet. (Or at least my favorite so far, anyway.)

saoirse-ronan-hi5-o.gif

(She needs to doll out more high-fives so I have a wider selection. :p)

Sega has a great library of games from that generation. I can't believe they will sit on them forever.

Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi, Shenmue II, Jet Set Radio Future, Skies of Arkadia, and now Atlas' back-catalog. You have to think we will see more of these going into next-gen.

HD remasters of the Shenmue games allegedly exist.

I have the same feeling sometimes but I've learned that once I force myself to launch a game and play it it quickly goes away.

I'm playing Saints Row The Third but I don't know, after Sleeping Dogs it feels like a chore, I'm not happing nearly as much fun as I had with SD.

I've played for around 4 hours, does it gets better later on, or should I just give up?

I'd say it gets a little better.
I'd rather explore the world of SD than SR3 but I'm having fun doing the missions.
I'm like 50% done I think.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I've found it's useful to simply limit the games to choose from. Instead of going through Steam, pick five games (ranked from 5 "I know I'll love it/I do love it" to 1 "I don't know, it could be good") to play for the next month and create desktop shortcuts to them.
You will know they are games you like or at least interested in, but you won't be overwhelmed by what else you could be playing.

You could also use one of the many list randomisers out there on the internet and stick with whatever game is chosen.

robotnik

Yo dawgs, I heard you like games
Thank you for Saira!

And from me then.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-7C840E7CDBE6839F - Taken by Blablurn
Limbo -- MB-5DFBC934EE36F6DE - Taken by Ingueferroque

Lain

Did you click "install games" after you finished buying the season pass?
If not, either let Steam validate files or do a restart of the client.

Yep, but it was already downloading the first 2 episodes, so I ended up with an error.
After completing the download the game lets me play the third and fourth chapters, so they are unlocked, but under DLC only lists the first 2, which is what confused me.

-

About Cognition, I played only a little bit and I like the atmosphere, style (when it's the 2D painted part, at least) and the setting, but even just starting out, the game feels a bit constrained and... slow. Also, the 3D models and the way they act in certain instances, leave some to be desired.

So has anything been said by Valve about the card dropping problem? I haven't gotten a single card from La Mulana in several hours of play. I know I'm not the only one having problems with this.

So has anything been said by Valve about the card dropping problem? I haven't gotten a single card from La Mulana in several hours of play. I know I'm not the only one having problems with this.

I'm having the same problem, haven't gotten any drop from multiple games since a couple days ago :(

Soule

First I've heard of this, I'm gonna test it myself now. Been downloading games in anticipation of letting them farm the cards overnight.

valouris

Enroll into sth and get yourself in any situation where you have to study or do sth that you don't like. Suddenly, ALL your titles look scrumptuous.

Echoplx

How does GTA III hold up? I just finished playing through San Andreas and Vice City, the latter really didn't age well though.. Is III worth playing at all?

Tak3n

Banned
I see there is a petition on steam forums to get Takedown removed from sale and refunds given.....

then the developer did a update on their Kickstarter blog saying they were happy with release!!

Not going to end well this...

I bought it, but I am not even going to bother unless they fix it, they need to do something otherwise their next game will get treated with a great deal of suspicion

here is the petition if you feel like signing

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236510/discussions/0/846965056735071940/

Tizoc

Not making an LTTP thread since I just started it on PS3, but RF: Guerilla is OK so far, runs fine on my PS3 with a few screen tearing here and there.
I do enjoy fucking people up with hammers though XP

Not making an LTTP thread since I just started it on PS3, but RF: Guerilla is OK so far, runs fine on my PS3 with a few screen tearing here and there.
I do enjoy fucking people up with hammers though XP

I really need to get back to my game. I'm into the second area and i imagine the game is right at the bottom of the remove GFWL before July next year list with the change of ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom