• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Bollocks, Warner Brothers gave me a code for the GOTY. At least their support is super fast. Looking at you Valve.

So have at it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-325164EC0879848D - Taken by didamangi

didamangi

Bollocks, Warner Brothers gave me a code for the GOTY. At least their support is super fast. Looking at you Valve.

So have at it.

Ooh, nice timing to open this thread. Thx a lot Addnan, will play the game after I finished AO :)

Lm5kh73.png

some men just want to watch the world burn

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

So have at it.

I tried asking for a key for Asylum vanilla, explaining why I wanted it in particular and that I was acutely aware it was no longer being supported, but was just told that GOTY is the only version on offer. I could have argued the point, saying that the original plan was oh-so-obviously to offer both versions to those with vanilla keys, but it wouldn't have done any good.

I'll never forgive Warner for getting my hopes up only to crush them... unless Wheelman comes back to Steam. Everybody has their price, as they say. ;)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Awww yeah the new Rise of the Triad patch just dropped, I'm quite glad I didn't play past the first level yet of my friends copy due to Batman releasing:

* Quicksave System Implemented (By default - F5 Saves, F6 Loads) Option to Load Quicksave now available upon death
* Fixed 100% achievements and multiple achievements for SP maps and weapons (All achievements should now work properly)

derExperte

Awww yeah the new Rise of the Triad patch just dropped, I'm quite glad I didn't play past the first level yet of my friends copy due to Batman releasing:

* Quicksave System Implemented (By default - F5 Saves, F6 Loads) Option to Load Quicksave now available upon death
* Fixed 100% achievements and multiple achievements for SP maps and weapons (All achievements should now work properly)

ROTT is 50% off here right now btw: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ROT/rise-of-the-triad

So I've been playing Borderlands 2 for a while, and I haven't laughed once. I just finished a mission and this was the first time I've ever laughed at this game. The mission "Claptrap's Birthday Bash" got me.

Probably the most hilarious scene I've seen in a game in a real long while. I lost it when he did the
awkward cough
lol.

Dec

No quicksave has to be the feature I am most annoyed by not having. Good to see a developer adding it after the fact.

nexen

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 feels amazing. Too bad the controller setup is crap.
Anyone have a good x360 controller profile they can link me to?

Parsnip

So I've been playing Borderlands 2 for a while, and I haven't laughed once. I just finished a mission and this was the first time I've ever laughed at this game. The mission "Claptrap's Birthday Bash" got me.

That's probably because most of Borderlands 2 is kind of not funny. Well, I thought so anyway. I felt like BL1 was the better written game. Better jokes, less memes.

Gibbon

Neo Member
That's probably because most of Borderlands 2 is kind of not funny. Well, I thought so anyway. I felt like BL1 was the better written game. Better jokes, less memes.

Woah, that's exaclty what I thought playing BL2. A better game overall, but it's like they tried too hard to add funny moments and characters (even though I kind of liked Tiny Tina).

And I've often been told that it was just nostalgia that made me prefer the first Borderlands, but I genuinely think it was much more coherent and "to the point".

marrec

Banned

BL2 is miles above BL1 in the writing department. Neither game is particularly funny really but I don't sit down to play BL because I want laugh out loud moments. The writing is clever enough for the world they've created and not a whit more. They weren't trying to outdo Monkey Island or anything, they just wanted to be a bit ridiculous.

louiedog

Devolver Digital tweeted a few minutes ago that Foul Play is now on Mac and Linux, but we should wait a few hours to buy it because of savings. I'm guessing Halloween/Midweek/Daily sale item. As of right now the 33% off coupons for it still stick with discounts.

Multiplatform release today could also mean Humble Bundle, a new one may go live in a few hours, but it's a pretty new game so who knows.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh no Deadly Premonition, why 720p only. What the fuck is up with those Japanese Developers making half assed PC ports of amazing games...

Same. Claptrap seemed a little bit more annoying in this game, more then the last. This mission was one of the better missions where he actually did something funny.

Parsnip

BL2 is miles above BL1 in the writing department. Neither game is particularly funny really but I don't sit down to play BL because I want laugh out loud moments. The writing is clever enough for the world they've created and not a whit more. They weren't trying to outdo Monkey Island or anything, they just wanted to be a bit ridiculous.
Agree to disagree.

theytookourjobz

Won't link it because I'm not sure how people feel about the site but direct2play has Batman for $20. Steam key, region free. I've used them a few times and never had any issues.

Volcynika

Yesss. I've beaten the first two bosses but still a lot of game to go. Should be good with quicksave-ability.

in before morningbus.

i agree with this statement.

zkylon

zkylewd
Durante posted he's working on getting that fixed or some such.

So anyone noticed any new changes in the Steam regestry recently?

durante should start his own middleware company and start selling lazy japanese friendly resolution settings maker 2013

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yesss. I've beaten the first two bosses but still a lot of game to go. Should be good with quicksave-ability.

I replayed the first level and played the second level and I can confirm it works perfectly. The quicksaves doesn't get erased when changing level either. I was able to quickload back to the first level (when I fucked up 100%) and hadn't yet quicksaved in the second.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Devolver Digital tweeted a few minutes ago that Foul Play is now on Mac and Linux, but we should wait a few hours to buy it because of savings. I'm guessing Halloween/Midweek/Daily sale item. As of right now the 33% off coupons for it still stick with discounts.

Multiplatform release today could also mean Humble Bundle, a new one may go live in a few hours, but it's a pretty new game so who knows.
This game has to be tanking. It was half price on GF literally three weeks after release and those coupons were sent out even earlier. (only 44 pages of them left in Trashbot's inventory—better claim one now) Wonder if they're gonna go for the full 75% off plus coupon desperation gambit.

A Devolver Digital weekly aside, I can't see it being Humble Bundled anytime soon because Humble seems to prioritize games that are actually in demand. But maybe it'll show up in the Indie Royale or Groupees or something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This game has to be tanking. It was half price on GF literally three weeks after release and those coupons were sent out even earlier. (only 44 pages of them left in Trashbot's inventory—better claim one now) Wonder if they're gonna go for the full 75% off plus coupon desperation gambit.

If it does go 75% off plus 33% coupon, it'll still be $2.47. That's quite a bit for a game that is destined to be bundled sometime in the future.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
If it does go 75% off plus 33% coupon, it'll still be $2.47. That's quite a bit for a game that is destined to be bundled sometime in the future.

Can you use coupons on sales (ala Christmas/summer/winter)? I wanted to use a coupon not so long ago for a game that was on sale (daily) and I couldn't.

A Devolver Digital weekly aside, I can't see it being Humble Bundled anytime soon because Humble seems to prioritize games that are actually in demand. But maybe it'll show up in the Indie Royale or Groupees or something.

I will give it a try if its supper cheap. Even at 33% off, I wasn't biting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can you use coupons on sales? I wanted to use a coupon not so long ago for a game that was on sale and I couldn't.

It depends on the coupon. MOST of them say that they can't be stacked with other discounts. The few that don't say that (such as these Foul Play coupons) can be stacked.

If you're using Enhanced Steam it should correctly calculate the discount either way on the store page.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I noticed the Max Payne subs got updated, so presumably they're going to be discounted, too. I did some digging and it seems the following regions have region-specific apps:

France (Max Payne 1)
Germany (Max Payne 2)
Italy (Max Payne 1 and 2)
Russia (Max Payne 1)

Any French, German or Italian GAFers who'll be able to help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom