• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It came out to PS3 as well. I'm disappointed if it's a TotD version of Overkill as I'd honestly prefer the original. For a game that's all about shooting I thought they really botched the bombastic reactions that I knew HotD for.

Playing games like that with a mouse is really limited. Thought I would have some fun with my better half in LAN/local co op with the older games but ya, it's really mindless clicking (let's say, more so than other genres). I think Virtua Cop for the PC was about the most fun I had with mouse controls - but that might just be nostalgia.

If you had a compatible light gun on the other hand, that would be really fun.

Adding typing at least adds some depth, even if it's no better than data entry. Fun for kids learning how to type though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
it's kinda hilarious that the skeleton lady actually has broad hips

I'd go with the blue lady. Skeleton lady would be a boring wife, sexually speaking. Elf Lady looks like those unbearable girls that think they're too pretty. I'd grab the chubby dwarf (are they dwarves?), but blue lady intrigues me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there any way to find out what steam coupons exist if any for a game?

While I don't know of a "master list" of all of the coupons, you can typically check the new "trading forums" for a game you want and they're typically FULL of people looking to trade coupons.

For example

Enhanced Steam has an option to flag these up I believe.

Enhanced Steam will tag the games you already have coupons for, but won't tag any differently if you don't have one.

Also, happy birthday! :)

Colin.

It came out to PS3 as well. I'm disappointed if it's a TotD version of Overkill as I'd honestly prefer the original. For a game that's all about shooting I thought they really botched the bombastic reactions that I knew HotD for.

Whilst I would take it in Steam form over nothing at all, I feel the same way. Didn't really like the style of Overkill as much, compared to the older games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Haha, almost half of the coupons the bot has pertain to Train Sim DLC.

Wish I could find some 90% off 3SwitcheD or Iron Sky coupons in there, but alas...

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd go with the blue lady. Skeleton lady would be a boring wife, sexually speaking. Elf Lady looks like those unbearable girls that think they're too pretty. I'd grab the chubby dwarf (are they dwarves?), but blue lady intrigues me.

can't argue with such an in-depth analysis

jshackles

Oh yeah! Did you get around to trying Top Gun?

lol no but I will. Turns out, my son's computer doesn't have a cd-rom drive either. Neither does my wife's computer(s) besides her macbook which obviously isn't going to work.

Long story short, my daughter's laptop is the only Windows PC in the house with an optical disc drive. She's 16 so... probably not going to happen. I'll either have to bring it in with me to work one day or put it on my wife's macbook, make an ISO image, copy it to a USB drive, then mount it virtually on my PC to install.

But when it happens you'll be the first to know either way! :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Look at that. Aida is much better looking than Lohannah. I'm sure Lohannah thinks she's hot shit, with being a blond elf and having an exposed midriff like that.

Aida is a goddamn red head, why would anybody pick the Elf lady is beyond me.

Camilla looks older though. Though call.

Edit: Wait, she's a lizard and has literal "sharp elbows", as in fucking spikes on her elbows? Damn. I feel this is both repugnant and alluring.

Li Kao

Oh bless you for remembering! :D

Eh, in fact I have had a link to one of your post on my desktop for 15 days named "NeoGAF - Woo birthday 29 october".

Happy Birthday, you adorable chap.

As for the gift, well, unfortunately we will see. I had a few ideas but the end of the month is tight, as in will I be able to buy thing in the Halloween sale tight. Still, I've got dome ideas so if I can... no promise though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lol no but I will. Turns out, my son's computer doesn't have a cd-rom drive either. Neither does my wife's computer(s) besides her macbook which obviously isn't going to work.

Long story short, my daughter's laptop is the only Windows PC in the house with an optical disc drive. She's 16 so... probably not going to happen. I'll either have to bring it in with me to work one day or put it on my wife's macbook, make an ISO image, copy it to a USB drive, then mount it virtually on my PC to install.

But when it happens you'll be the first to know either way! :p

Haha, well I hope when you do finally find yourself in a position where you can install the game, you don't have the same bum luck as Joe. All that running around for nothing would be quite the slap in the face.

Copons

Where's ItalyGAF? :(

Here I am!

I didn't read anything so I don't know anything. What do you need?
Some tasty pizza slice? A cup of strong espresso? A walkthrough to cook pasta? Some corrupt politician? Free healthcare? Overpriced undervalued broadband?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
http://store.steampowered.com/app/246580/

Typing of the Dead: Overkill is out for $20.

zWue3Mu.png

It's cheaper in the US than anywhere else. This might be a first.

Edit: oops wrong image.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here I am!

I didn't read anything so I don't know anything. What do you need?
Some tasty pizza slice? A cup of strong espresso? A walktrough to cook pasta? Some corrupt politician? Free healthcare? Overpriced undervalued broadband?

Games, of course!

I noticed the Max Payne subs got updated, so presumably they're going to be discounted, too. I did some digging and it seems the following regions have region-specific apps:

France (Max Payne 1)
Germany (Max Payne 2)
Italy (Max Payne 1 and 2)
Russia (Max Payne 1)

Any French, German or Italian GAFers who'll be able to help me out?

France and Germany are sorted, so you were the missing piece of my painkiller-addicted, emotionally burdened puzzle!

Playing games like that with a mouse is really limited. Thought I would have some fun with my better half in LAN/local co op with the older games but ya, it's really mindless clicking (let's say, more so than other genres). I think Virtua Cop for the PC was about the most fun I had with mouse controls - but that might just be nostalgia.

If you had a compatible light gun on the other hand, that would be really fun.

Adding typing at least adds some depth, even if it's no better than data entry. Fun for kids learning how to type though.
I mean even going beyond if a lightgun game has actual merit outside of an arcade, I just didn't think they made the simple act of shooting zombies enjoyable. Everything is just so wooden and sterile there. Compare it to this, and I don't know how anyone can actually enjoy Overkill.

Pacing's a big part of it too, because you can knock out the regular HotDs in like a half hour and enjoy it for what it is; Overkill goes on for a couple hours and tries to incorporate upgrades and whatnot, I just think it misses the point.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246580/

Typing of the Dead: Overkill is out for $20.
Gonna pass on this, hope they eventually release the original.

Turfster

Steam Halloween Sale (this list is fucking long)
  • Afterfall INsanity
  • Akaneiro
  • Alan Wake Franchise
  • Alice Madness Returns
  • Alien Breed Trilogy
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Amnesia Dark Descent + A Machine for Pigs
  • Angelica Weaver
  • Anna
  • Another World
  • Atom Zombie Smasher