• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I noticed the Max Payne subs got updated, so presumably they're going to be discounted, too. I did some digging and it seems the following regions have region-specific apps:

France (Max Payne 1)
Germany (Max Payne 2)
Italy (Max Payne 1 and 2)
Russia (Max Payne 1)

Any French, German and Italian GAFers who'll be able to help me out?

sometimes your excitement over these things is scary

It gets warmer a few minutes in.

O12tu.gif

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I noticed the Max Payne subs got updated, so presumably they're going to be discounted, too. I did some digging and it seems the following regions have region-specific apps:

France (Max Payne 1)
Germany (Max Payne 2)
Russia (Max Payne 1)

Any French, German or Italian GAFers who'll be able to help me out?

mmmhhhh, didn't even knew that Max Payne 2 is now available in the german store (the first one still isn't), i bet it's censored to no end :p
Luckily that stuff doesn't really happen anymore these days...

I could help you out i think, it's 9,99€ over here...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
mmmhhhh, didn't even knew that Max Payne 2 is now available in the german store (the first one still isn't), i bet it's censored to no end :p

Noted, thanks! I'm guessing the games will be 75% off if they're discounted.

derExperte

France (Max Payne 1)
Germany (Max Payne 2)
Russia (Max Payne 1)

Any French, German and Italian GAFers who'll be able to help me out?

I could but then I would probably end up in a documentary by Werner Herzog and get asked questions like 'Didn't you notice anything?', 'Would you sell drugs to kids?' or 'Did you know that that actress was already dead and her head hanging in his living room by that time?'. I don't know man, I don't know.

Acccent

France (Max Payne 1)
Germany (Max Payne 2)
Russia (Max Payne 1)

I... didn't get what you needed, but I'm in France and I can help you :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

France (Max Payne 1)
Germany (Max Payne 2)
Russia (Max Payne 1)

OK Jase, I didn't want things to reach this point, but...

You know we all like you, right? We do. You're cool, you're a kind and helpful guy, and we know how much you appreciate your Steam library. But we've come to the conclusion that it's starting to be bad for you. You have a game collecting addiction, and it's hurting both you and your GAF friends and fellows. I know this is hard, but it has to be done. It has to. Would you agree with getting an intervention? We are only doing this because we love you, man. Please, please accept it. It's for your own good.

C'mon big dude, you can do it. You just have to admit you need help, and we can provide it for you. If you agree, just sign these papers (don't mind the part where it says I'll take possession of your Steam account from now until the day of my death), and everything will be better.

Max Payne 1 should get a Release too. At least i hope so because its not forbidden here anymore.

JaseC

I could but then I would probably end up in a documentary by Werner Herzog and get asked questions like 'Didn't you notice anything?', 'Would you sell drugs to kids?' or 'Did you know that that actress was already dead and her head hanging in his living room by that time?'. I don't know man, I don't know.

I couldn't ask you to assist if your heart isn't in it. :p

I... didn't get what you needed, but I'm in France and I can help you :)

Cheers! This just leaves Italy.

OK Jase, I didn't want things to reach this point, but...

You know we all like you, right? We do. You're cool, you're a kind and helpful guy, and we know how much you appreciate your Steam library. But we've come to the conclusion that it's starting to be bad for you. You have a game collecting addiction, and it's hurting both you and your GAF friends and fellows. I know this is hard, but it has to be done. It has to. Would you agree with getting an intervention? We are only doing this because we love you, man. Please, please accept it. It's for your own good.

C'mon big dude, you can do it. You just have to admit you need help, and we can provide it for you. If you agree, just sign these papers (don't mind the part where it says I'll take possession of your Steam account from now until the day of my death), and everything will be better.

You joke now, but one day you'll be in the same position. ;)

France (Max Payne 1)
Germany (Max Payne 2)
Russia (Max Payne 1)

Just a heads up, the French version of Max Payne 1 has corrupted files that prevents a level from Act I and III to load, you need to get 2 non-corrupted files from another person or in the Carribean. As far as I know, Valve still hasn't uploaded a correct version on their servers and they don't seem to give a shit (it was a part of the MP3 pre order bonuses). Again, this is only related to the French version of MP1, I made a thread on SPUF a while back :
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2655668

JaseC

Just a heads up, the French version of Max Payne 1 has corrupted files that prevents a level from Act I and III to load, you need to get 2 non-corrupted files from another person or in the Carribean. As far as I know, Valve still hasn't uploaded a correct version on their servers and they don't seem to give a shit (it was a part of the MP3 pre order bonuses). Again, this is only related to the French version of MP1, I made a thread on SPUF a while back :
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2655668

That's okay, I don't intend to actually play it.

Tenrius

I like your passive-aggressive attitude.

Edit: Unless you're just mucking around, in which case I apologise for the misunderstanding. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

Yeah, it was meant to be just some friendly chitchat. I just saw that thing in the activity feed and thought it was funny. Sorry if it offended you, I wasn't even trying to be passive-aggressive!

France (Max Payne 1)
Germany (Max Payne 2)
Russia (Max Payne 1)

You just gave me a desire for those first few Max Payne 1 levels (the ones until you get Vinnie).

JaseC

For the new page: I'm chasing somebody in Italy who wouldn't mind helping me out with Max Payne and Max Payne 2 if they're discounted.

Interesting (related to the upcoming SEGA announcement).

So Sega is teasing a new instalment? I figured it'd be related to a re-release of the first/first two games.

SuperHans

I'm not ready for the Halloween Sale. I still have tons of games from the Summer sale to play. :(

Hope they have some sort of Achievement hunt or badge quest.

Grief.exe

So Deadly Premonition cannot render above 720p? The hits keep coming.

I'm not ready for the Halloween Sale. I still have tons of games from the Summer sale to play. :(

Hope they have some sort of Achievement hunt or badge quest.

Not really a big enough sale for that.

Sendou

So I have a slight problem (since last year to be honest) and since we don't have Uplay OT (I wonder why!) I'm just going to go ahead and ask it here. So I have some games on my Steam account (Far Cry 3 and some Assassin's Creed games at least) and as we know they have the Uplay DRM over Steam. The thing is I have no idea what e-mail I used for the account. Actually I think it might have been 10minutemail.com. How fucked am I?

JaseC

So I have a slight problem (since last year to be honest) and since we don't have Uplay OT (I wonder why!) I'm just going to go ahead and ask it here. So I have some games on my Steam account (Far Cry 3 and some Assassin's Creed games at least) and as we know they have the Uplay DRM over Steam. The thing is I have no idea what e-mail I used for the account. Actually I think it might have been 10minutemail.com. How fucked am I?

If you still have your Steam purchase receipts, you could try asking Ubi to migrate the games to a new account.

Edit: I should note that I have no idea if Ubi actually allows migration. Valve certainly doesn't.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Do you have any console games that use uPlay? If so you could recover or change your email that way. I found out my email was set to <myname>@uuu.com through this method.

Sendou

If you still have your Steam purchase receipts, you could try asking Ubi to migrate the games to a new account.

What receipts are we talking about here? They do show on my Steam account and in the purchase history. Actually I have the "Thank you for your purchase" e-mails for the games in question too.

Well I think I'll ask Ubisoft nicely and who knows? Maybe it'll actually work.

Do you have any console games that use uPlay? If so you could recover or change your email that way. I found out my email was set to <myname>@uuu.com through this method.

Extremely good question. I can't say for sure but it's worth a shot I guess.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So Sega is teasing a new instalment? I figured it'd be related to a re-release of the first/first two games.

They did the same thing last year with Condemned: Released a PC port on Halloween with no prior announcement, and I think it was like 20% off as well.

It probably worked well enough that they decided to do it again this year, with a new game to boot.

Edit: Wait, House of the Dead: Overkill was a Wii-Only game. I wonder if they just ported that over and added in Typing controls, just like Typing of the Dead is a port of House of the Dead 1 with typing controls? That would be pretty cool!

JaseC

What receipts are we talking about here? They do show on my Steam account and in the purchase history. Actually I have the "Thank you for your purchase" e-mails for the games in question too.

Well I think I'll ask Ubisoft nicely and who knows? Maybe it'll actually work.

You'll also want to take screenshots of your Steam client window showing the keys you want transferred (right-click -> View CD key, though you'll need to have the games installed for this option to appear), just in case Ubi can't or doesn't want to contact Valve and ask which keys were tied to your account. As I edited into my post, though, I don't actually know if Ubi will allow it -- I was just spitballing.

Thinking about it I would sell drug to kids. Hate them. So add me.

I appreciate the offer, but I have another GAFer on standby. I'll add you anyway, though. ;)

Where's ItalyGAF? :( If need be I'll just make a thread on Steam Trades.

Stitch

Gold Member
But something must be special because according to the store page you can only play it in German.

That's the only special thing about it. You can play the russian version only in russian and you can play the french version only in french. That's why people are posting links to language packs on the Steam Forum.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
No, only MP3 is censored in Germany. (Can't shoot Civilians).

interesting... I assumed it cause it has the "This game can only played in German" text on the store page which i thought only happens when the game is a "special" germany only version...
And because altering games was way more common back then :)

Edit: already answered :p

That Dragon Commander marriage screen shot keeps amusing me every time I scroll past it. Especially that classy fur the male Dwarf is sporting. What does it actually do for in game effects?

Edit: Wait, House of the Dead: Overkill was a Wii-Only game. I wonder if they just ported that over and added in Typing controls, just like Typing of the Dead is a port of House of the Dead 1 with typing controls? That would be pretty cool!
It came out to PS3 as well. I'm disappointed if it's a TotD version of Overkill as I'd honestly prefer the original. For a game that's all about shooting I thought they really botched the bombastic reactions that I knew HotD for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom