• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Should I? Anything I chould change?

1b90726875.jpg

haven't heard many good things of all zombies must die

but you're buying bloodlines so at least some good will be accomplished

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So help me out GAF... what do I buy from F.E.A.R. series. I have no idea whether I like them or not. First one is the best? Or should I just go all-in and get that collection?
Anything but the third game is excellent. The third game is... Yeah, there's a third game.

I "beat" the PS2 version of Alone in the Dark. Genuinely terrible. (I know it's different from the current gen versions)

Yeah, it's the TRUE horror game, not the "next-gen" version (which isn't too good either...). Seriously, look at this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQ-Ge6CYsE

can't find the most awful place (the parking garage), but any random clip is enough to terrify anyone!

edit: I want Typing too but maybe I'll hold for a while, it's uber cheap though

Zia

Since I didn't drop the usual $10 on a Humble bundle today I decided to grab Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream. Because, you know, it worked out to about the same cost. : p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Everytime Alone in the Dark is mentioned I think of this one.

Alone_in_the_Dark_boxart.jpg

Me too. I probably still have that old version on a 3.5" floppy somewhere, I enjoyed it back in the day but I have no idea how well it holds up today.

rtcn63

Yeah, it's the TRUE horror game, not the "next-gen" version (which isn't too good either...). Seriously, look at this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQ-Ge6CYsE

can't find the most awful place (the parking garage), but any random clip is enough to terrify anyone!

There's a part where I think you're supposed to jump/swing and land on a suspended bus... could never figure out how to do it without dying. Ended up having to use the fast forward feature. And the finale of the game... doesn't really exist. Other than that, the sewers were probably close to the worst.

Nymphae

Banned
Anyone in this thread have anything good to say about the Penumbra games? I like the price, and I enjoyed Amnesia. The screenshots look sufficiently creepy, if not a little dated. Should probably just buy.

Anteater

I have never played fallout games before, is fallout 3 new vegas non ultimate edition worth it? (I only have 3 bucks left in my wallet).

Or should I get alan wake american nightmare? (Never played the first game)

Tecl0n

I have never played fallout games before, is fallout 3 new vegas non ultimate edition worth it? (I only have 3 bucks left in my wallet).

Wait and get ultimate edition, a lot of mods need it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Fallout New Vegas is arguably the better game of the two. The non-ultimate edition should still yield about 30 hours or so on your first playthrough. Fallout 3 has GFWL, Fallout: NV is Steamworks and has achievements.

Derrick01

Banned
I guess it's a little late to ask this since I just bought the collection but are the sherlock holmes games good? I got the one that was in the humble bundle a couple weeks back and it looks cool so I figured why not blow my card money on the whole collection. It seemed like a rational decision and totally not hasty at all.

Dolor

Halloween sale is always meh for me because I'm not that into horror. Glad to see that this sale is a little more generalized than in previous years though.

I am curious what the criticisms of Greenlight will be now that it is assuming a pace of something between 600 and 1200 games greenlit a year. For the mathematically challenged, that's roughly 2-4 indie games a day being approved on top of all the existing publisher deals on Steam already. It's going to be hard to keep up with all the games.

Anteater

For that price yeah, it's fun as hell. UI and graphics make me miss Skyrim, but it's a solid game.

Wait and get ultimate edition, a lot of mods need it.

new vegas

altho the DLC is so good that you'd best get ultimate

I guess I'll wait and get the full package since I planned to use mods :eek:

Fallout New Vegas is arguably the better game of the two. The non-ultimate edition should still yield about 30 hours or so on your first playthrough. Fallout 3 has GFWL, Fallout: NV is Steamworks and has achievements.

Yeah I'll just get NV ultimate edition because of steamworks, didn't know about that! Thanks for the info

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have almost completed my masterpiece; it needs just one finishing touch. I shall call it "The Many Faces of Max":

maxi4ik1.jpg

A big "thank you!" to all those who've helped and will help (come back, Accent!)

def sim

I'm probably only going to pick up Masquerade - Bloodlines. Getting rid of my jacked up retail version is going to be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom