• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBobby

bunk-the-wire.gif

You are doing it wrong

Her voice was certainly annoying.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Steam copy of F.E.A.R., even though I have a perfectly fine CD copy still lying around (and only recently replayed it, even). What's wrong with me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If japanese devs keep it up, Durante'll have the longest tag on NeoGAF eventually :)

sixclaws

Banned
Typing of the Dead: Overkill is just as stupid fun as the original Overkill on Wii, just need to hook up wiimotes to my pc at some point.

Milamber

I almost pulled the trigger on a Steam copy of F.E.A.R., even though I have a perfectly fine CD copy still lying around (and only recently replayed it, even). What's wrong with me.

What the hell is wrong with you? Why don't you have a Steam version of FEAR? Hop to it!

Faabulous

Having a hard time with Pictures, so nevermind.

Pulling the trigger on Walking Dead, Kain, Condemned and Deus Ex HR Directors Cut.

Nothing to regret r-right?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it looks like Dark Matter got a new ending patched in a few hours ago.

It looks like this.

Better than a wall of text, but I wonder if it will be enough for Valve to let them start selling on Steam again.

What the hell is wrong with you? Why don't you have a Steam version of FEAR? Hop to it!

I have disc-based copies of F.E.A.R. and the Extraction Point DLC which I intend to keep, and should they ever disappear... Well, let's hope Steam is still around at that point. :lol

Part of me is still afraid of a digital-only future, because some games I just want to have around for a long time. Ironically, longevity was the main reason I ditched consoles and moved to PC, but now I'm just buying stuff digitally all the time.

I picked up F.E.A.R. 2 recently, though, after having sold my 360 copy, and I'm gonna bite on F.E.A.R. 3 now. Never played it, and I want to see how terrible it is for myself.

I bought Typing of the Dead, the Giana Sisters bundle and Ninja Bladen (rofl) but I still have some card monies left

Wallet: 12,59€

Rise of the Triad - 6,99€
Spelunky - 6,99€
The Swapper - 4,76€
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream - 1,84€

I can make it.

Have you played "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" before? I read the short story and found it quite interesting and while I know the game is not the same I, as with Nexen above, am very interested in some feedback on it, particularly if it holds up well.

I'm considering definitely getting Typing of the Dead while I'm considering Spelunky and "I Have no Mouth, and I Must Scream" so fortunately it looks like I'm not going to be spending too much this sale.

So it looks like Dark Matter got a new ending patched in a few hours ago.

It looks like this.

Better than a wall of text, but I wonder if it will be enough for Valve to let them start selling on Steam again.
Well, as you've mentioned, it's better than what existed beforehand but I'm still not sure I would be particularly happy with it since unless the build up too has been altered, the ending would still come from nowhere. The biggest compliment one can give it is that, at the least, it's clear that it is the ending.

Anyone having issues with The Swapper? I start it, the loading screen pops up, and then I get the message that "The Swapper has stopped working"

This has happened three times now. I'm currently deleting and re-installing, hoping that fixes the problem

Edit: nope, didn't work. Damn it, the one game I've been wanting...

JakeD

any word on that sega bundle with condemned?

also, anybody know what was up with the penumbra black plague being removed from steam for a while? i was surprised to see it back

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anyone having issues with The Swapper? I start it, the loading screen pops up, and then I get the message that "The Swapper has stopped working"

This has happened three times now. I'm currently deleting and re-installing, hoping that fixes the problem

I had that problem whenever I started the game in full screen, going into CommonSettins.pro and changing IsFullscreen True to IsFullscreen Flase got it to work.

Nabs

The Swapper is really good. Same with the Joe Danger 1 & 2 Bundle. I had a lot of fun with those games.

The Joe Danger games have a surprising amount of content, and they both have Workshop support.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I just noticed: Silent Hill Homecoming is 60% cheaper in the Brazilian Store: It's like 5 dollars.

I'll need 6 on paypal if anybody wants it. PM me.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Curse you last post on a page.... curse?

I just noticed: Silent Hill Homecoming is 60% cheaper in the Brazilian Store: It's like 5 dollars.

I'll need 6 on paypal (paypal taxes are a bitch) if anybody wants it. PM me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Uplay (Ubisoft) has Final Fantasy VII for $3.

Steam key confirmed. I just finished this a few days ago after 65 epic hours.

Sq84wqo.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Typing of the Dead: Overkill is super legit, guys.

But I want to see someone try to play it using Big Picture Mode's text entry.

AsylumX

The only rule I decided to set on both giveaways were the raffle for 24 hours, so why don't you try out for yourself!

I have. Don't worry, I'm just joking around. Sorry if you felt like i was trying to do something else. And as always, thanks for giving away games.

Dec

Give an error? Update drivers, try manually running the dependencies in the game directory.

Grief.exe

Just to continue the discussion from a few days ago...

EA's earnings announcement doesn't mention Origin at all.

EA announces it is scrapping the new F2P Command & Conquer game.

Neither are reflective of current or future strength of Origin as a platform. Obviously, they aren't smoking guns, but both of these are just a little more circumstantial evidence that things aren't great for EA with Origin.

Its an interesting discussion because I'm sure the cost of maintaining a platform like that is very high.
Programmers to work on the client, customer service reps, servers. These things don't come cheap.

And, unlike Steam, they are really only selling their games. I'm sure 3rd party sales are at a trickle.

The Old Republic was a failure, Battlefield was a success, I'm sure Dead Space/Crysis/Mass Effect are a drop in the bucket.

jshackles

just bought, is the code emailed to u or do i need to dl uplay to get it?

The code should be emailed and should also be visible on your account page.

eh no biggie, VI still defecates all over VII.

True, though VII is also quite good. *patiently waits for VIII to come to Steam*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom