• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, though VII is also quite good. *patiently waits for VIII to come to Steam*

Now that my PS3 is toast I am waiting for this to be able to play through it again.

Registry app has been getting some work this month.

I've heard IX is actually the best of the three. Would be nice to see Square port more titles over.

I like IX the most. The systems in it were great. Although the card game in VIII was the best mini game Square has done.

nexen

Why do I always have to log in when I go to the steam community pages on enhanced steam? I never have to log in to use the store or see my library. Weird.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why do I always have to log in when I go to the steam community pages on enhanced steam? I never have to log in to use the store or see my library. Weird.

Because Enhanced Steam has a custom background setting that allows you to use backgrounds you'd otherwise have to buy on Steam Market for free. But to store this attached to your account so that it works on multiple browsers, you need to login through Steam. You don't need to do it for store or library because nothing is stored remotely for those functions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Although the card game in VIII was the best mini game Square has done.

Agreed. I would probably pay $10 just for a standalone version of Triple Triad.

Do you mean that you have to log back into Steam every time? Or that you're using the "sign in with Steam" window when doing something like setting a profile background?

god i am so sick of making 100000 accounts

why the shit do i need a login for anything besides steam to play...final fucking fantasy? gtfo

should i enable cloud saving or no? if i add mods?

MRORANGE

News on Deadly Premonition:

Wow! I am floored by Durante's skills! I just shot him a message. Hopefully I am able to put him in direct communication with RSG so we can have an official patch or get something worked out. :)

Durante now officially fixes broken games on Steam now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So what I'm takin' here from this is that Serious Sam and Borderlands need a shoot typing mode.

Knowing Gearbox and Croteam's tone deaf game development style, you'd just be hitting random jumbles of letters and numbers instead of words.

Vibranium

Banned
Just to continue the discussion from a few days ago...

EA's earnings announcement doesn't mention Origin at all.

EA announces it is scrapping the new F2P Command & Conquer game.

Neither are reflective of current or future strength of Origin as a platform. Obviously, they aren't smoking guns, but both of these are just a little more circumstantial evidence that things aren't great for EA with Origin.

Maybe one day a games journalist will have the balls to use my idea and ask an EA exec if they would consider the concept of putting their games on Steam a few weeks after the Origin release (which would also have extra stuff to entice buyers). That would be nice.

I'm surprised Valve hasn't tried going to back to the table regarding this DLC spat, maybe they have though. There are creative solutions both companies could come up with.

god i am so sick of making 100000 accounts

why the shit do i need a login for anything besides steam to play...final fucking fantasy? gtfo

I honestly believe people use such shitty passwords because they have to make so many of them. It's sort of sad that we've had to evolve password managers to keep track of all of them because the human brain is clearly incapable.

nexen

Agreed. I would probably pay $10 just for a standalone version of Triple Triad.

Do you mean that you have to log back into Steam every time? Or that you're using the "sign in with Steam" window when doing something like setting a profile background?
This is on Chrome.
When I go to look at my profile it asks me to log into steam (almost) every time, even. It seems to have some sort of short term memory or time out though, because it only seems to happen if I haven't entered my credentials in a while. I'm never asked when I go to the store or buy games through it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn you Cheddahz, making me sad over here.

I'm pumped for next April

This is on Chrome.
When I go to look at my profile it asks me to log into steam (almost) every time, even. It seems to have some sort of short term memory or time out though, because it only seems to happen if I haven't entered my credentials in a while. I'm never asked when I go to the store or buy games through it.

Weird - sounds like a cookie issue maybe? If you temporarily disable Enhanced Steam does the problem still exist?

chronomac

Paid for the whole thing in card bucks and I never got into it. Maybe it's more fun in coop, but at this point there's a bunch of other side scrolling action games worth getting into instead.

Yeah, I feel similarly. I put 10 hours into it, so I did give it an honest chance, but I find it boring now. I feel bad to crap on a game that's technically not finished, but the missions are repetitive and the weapon customization is hard to understand because of the menus. I'd hold off and wait, personally.

merc. kings is a fun game but be sure to NOT play with more than 1 other person. with 2 or 3 teammates the enemies just die so quickly that whoever isn't in the lead of scoping out the map will have nothing left to kill.

Nabs

Typing of the Dead: Overkill is amazing. Sega needs to make a bigger deal about it including the normal version of Overkill.

Fox318

Uplay (Ubisoft) has Final Fantasy VII for $3.

Steam key confirmed. I just finished this a few days ago after 65 epic hours.

Sq84wqo.png

As somebody who has never played it is it worth playing?

Use gamepad or buy a lightgun from PlayAsia.

Or hack a wii remote to use motionJoy.

how much we talking for PC lightguns? they work on LCD screens?

are there any other steam games that would work with them? i presume i could dig up a pc version of virtua cop, i think one or two of those were on pc back in the day..

I'm liking it so far.

The story is goofy as hell, but the gameplay is solid. The co-op Raid missions are very fun to play through with a friend.

Make sure to grab the Widescreen Fixer and adjust the FOV.
Did they fix the mouse input? When I played the demo when it released it had some terrible mouse accel problems.

I haven't really bothered with cards and badges before but have recently decided to start crafting them for games I've played that I really like.

So this element of Enhanced Steam is now pretty damn awesome:

Market Transactions
Purchase total:£1.58
Sales total:£3.45
Net gain:£1.87

It's nice to see I'm ahead of the game, as it were :). It helps me not to feel guilty about parting with real world money for something that's not actually tangible.

Thanks Mr S.

Oh and swapping cards with friends is pretty damn fun :). It's nice to stalk their inventory [now that I've worked out how, do'h], make an offer for one of their dupes and get the trade accepted message.

MRORANGE

how much we talking for PC lightguns? they work on LCD screens?

are there any other steam games that would work with them? i presume i could dig up a pc version of virtua cop, i think one or two of those were on pc back in the day..

I've never tried the device. I honestly think a wii remote would be much better in this case.

The lightgun would replicate the X/Y plane of the mouse so it will work ok for FPS games that can use it.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm heading off to class guys. My first giveaway ends tonight and once I get home from class, I'll giveaway the game I bought a few minutes ago

jshackles

I haven't really bothered with cards and badges before but have recently decided to start crafting them for games I've played that I really like.

So this element of Enhanced Steam is now pretty damn awesome:

It's nice to see I'm ahead of the game, as it were :). It helps me not to feel guilty about parting with real world money for something that's not actually tangible.

Thanks Mr S.

Oh and swapping cards with friends is pretty damn fun :). It's nice to stalk their inventory [now that I've worked out how, do'h], make an offer for one of their dupes and get the trade accepted message.

Glad you find it useful! :)

I haven't idled as many cards as I should have been for the past month or so. Going to your badge page and seeing this also helps:

109 card drops remaining
29 games with drops remaining
172 games eligible for booster packs

Cheers!

Maybe one day a games journalist will have the balls to use my idea and ask an EA exec if they would consider the concept of putting their games on Steam a few weeks after the Origin release (which would also have extra stuff to entice buyers). That would be nice.

I'm surprised Valve hasn't tried going to back to the table regarding this DLC spat, maybe they have though. There are creative solutions both companies could come up with.

I imagine that the "dlc spat" was a convenient excuse to leave steam considering that they had origin all ready to launch around the same time.

Xanathus

Just beat it recently and I'd say it's an okay game, fairly mediocre, and the story is stupid as hell if you're looking for the atmosphere from the older entries I wouldn't say this captures it. It's worth it if you can get it on the cheap I say.

You should play the raid mode if you haven't, it's the real meat of the game. They managed to somehow cram in Diablo-type mechanics into an RE game and made it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom