• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah thanks to enhanced steam I was reminded that I have 34 card drops to get right now. I neglected them for so long since I had no drops remaining for a while. Looks like some idling will happen to get me some card money before the sale ends.

Emotions and indie won over murica doggies.

3f1c3aac22.jpg

This is how it should be. Better games win over names.

Minimum:
Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6450, NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 or Intel Integrated Graphics HD 3000
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

WHAT THE FUCK 0_o

That is pretty low for a game that started on the Wii.

Grief.exe

Did they fix the mouse input? When I played the demo when it released it had some terrible mouse accel problems.

Yes, there is a option in the menu to remove mouse acceleration now.

I believe this was fixed fairly shortly after release.

I should also note that the price for the Steam Halloween sale is not that great.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have almost completed my masterpiece; it needs just one finishing touch. I shall call it "The Many Faces of Max":

maxi4ik1.jpg

A big "thank you!" to all those who've helped and will help (come back, Accent!)
You know what, I take back what I said earlier today. If you're gonna do this, you have to do it with the best franchise ever, like you just did.

(I have to beat Dark Forces and MotS before I can feel sorry for Jedi Knight)

KarmaCow

After Valve killed idling in TF2 it ironically made me actually play the game less but I'm all in for farming items in the new Halloween map.

edit: Hightower variant? God damn it Valve. Winning 142 rounds in that will takes years decades.

Yes, there is a option in the menu to remove mouse acceleration now.

I believe this was fixed fairly shortly after release.

I should also note that the price for the Steam Halloween sale is not that great.
Awesome. Didn't understand how they could do that after RE5's KB+M was perfect. I thought they would do the same discount for Halloween that they did earlier in the month, but I'll hold out a bit more.

Dolor

Its an interesting discussion because I'm sure the cost of maintaining a platform like that is very high.
Programmers to work on the client, customer service reps, servers. These things don't come cheap.

And, unlike Steam, they are really only selling their games. I'm sure 3rd party sales are at a trickle.

Also, Simcity was a both a failure and a source of potential damage to the Origin brand.

As an aside, none of the quoted growth rates in EA's call were close to what Gabe says Valve/Steam is doing.

*patiently waits for VIII to come to Steam*

Same.

Maybe one day a games journalist will have the balls to use my idea and ask an EA exec if they would consider the concept of putting their games on Steam a few weeks after the Origin release (which would also have extra stuff to entice buyers). That would be nice.

I'm surprised Valve hasn't tried going to back to the table regarding this DLC spat, maybe they have though. There are creative solutions both companies could come up with.

I think the fact that the spat just happened to coincide with EA building their own entire competitor to Steam is probably more than circumstantial.

There's a million ways around the so-called DLC issue. Sell every game on Steam as the Ultimate or GOTY edition. Sell games on Steam with the season pass already... and on and on. Plenty of Steam games have their own in-game store.

Tenrius

Market Transactions
Purchase total:£1.35
Sales total:£58.65
Net gain:£57.30

Dollar-Bills.gif

Just from selling cards.

Praise Lord Gaben. I somehow managed to earn even more (you can easily do the conversions via google):

Purchase total:705,61pуб
Sales total:5.570,00pуб
Net gain:4.864,39pуб

Only 153.61 roubles till this:

neoism

I have almost completed my masterpiece; it needs just one finishing touch. I shall call it "The Many Faces of Max":

maxi4ik1.jpg

A big "thank you!" to all those who've helped and will help (come back, Accent!)

this is worse than a crack addiction Jase lol

so do you not count Greenlight games...

Grief.exe

Also, Simcity was a both a failure and a source of potential damage to the Origin brand.

As an aside, none of the quoted growth rates in EA's call were close to what Gabe says Valve/Steam is doing.

I completely forgot about that train wreck. Simcity actually did pretty well in terms of sales, unfortunately it damaged the brand and EA's image overall.

nope my AA key dun work :/

From Steam forums, it looks like Arkham City retail keys are working, but Arkham Asylum retail keys are not.
This is for GFWL keys that you bought at the store.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I completely forgot about that train wreck. Simcity actually did pretty well in terms of sales, unfortunately it damaged the brand and EA's image overall.

Simcity sold okay, but well below EA's expectations.

I wonder how many units Simcity 4 has sold on Steam? :D

Grief.exe

so can you or anyone log in still in GFWL my key was in the second slot in the downloads tab... its a live key or something like that... I bought it threw GFWL... is that retail?

I'm not really entirely sure on your meaning for the majority of this, but that GFWL key is considered retail.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'd buy Final Fantasy VII on Ubisoft, but they have a Brazilian Store and the game is not discounted there. Still 10 USD for me. :(

Nabs

ahahahahahah

It's a steal!

• AUTHENTIC PAC-MAN AND THE GHOSTLY ADVENTURES UNIVERSE
  • OUT OF THIS WORLD POWER-UPS
  • ALL NEW MP AND MAZE MODES
  • PLAYABLE VEHICLES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom