• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acccent

paging JaseC: real life (in this case, designing some treasure hunt for my family who are on a vacation while I do overtime on saturdays) has given me some free time to come back here, so if you still need something from French Steam, let me know! (Max Payne 1, I belive?)

Vibranium

Banned
I think the fact that the spat just happened to coincide with EA building their own entire competitor to Steam is probably more than circumstantial.

There's a million ways around the so-called DLC issue. Sell every game on Steam as the Ultimate or GOTY edition. Sell games on Steam with the season pass already... and on and on. Plenty of Steam games have their own in-game store.

Pretty much yeah, but I wish Valve would try to reopen communication with EA even though they have their own client. Ah well, I'll hope one day the two can coexist with each side's games.

Image is clickable.

I'm a Panda don't expect an intelligent behavior. xD

Edit:
ss_7d3a6aca2a53d2c482ff52f7c9cf8f60eae8a7b8.1920x1080.jpg

This image is so wrong

ZeroXZee

I'd buy Final Fantasy VII on Ubisoft, but they have a Brazilian Store and the game is not discounted there. Still 10 USD for me. :(

Can't we use a VPN or something else to get this?

PS: I've been wanting to play a old-school FPS. Painkiller could be what I'm looking for? (80% discount, I don't think I saw it lower than that...)

Nabs

Pretty much yeah, but I wish Valve would try to reopen communication with EA even though they have their own client. Ah well, I'll hope one day the two can coexist with each side's games.

EA doesn't want their games on Steam. There's nothing Valve can do about that.

Woah since when did the downloads page get changed.

That's the problem with this thread nowadays, 55 pages of south american tea and maybe 2 of actual news and updates :/

No, I don't care how your ______ run is going.

Vibranium

Banned
EA doesn't want their games on Steam. There's nothing Valve can do about that.

To quote Phoenix Wright's elegant reaction to logic: "NNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHH!"

Anyways, I'm picking up Fallout 3 GOTY (doesn't compete with NV but I want to play through on PC this time) and Vampire. I might give Condemned a shot too.

kaleii

So happy! Finally, Vampires The Masquerade was at 75 % off again and I managed to buy it.

Phew.

Also, I just realised that I haven't posted in this threadfor ages. Thank god nothing changes around here :D

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So I just played through Brothers in one sitting. Spectacular game, it's insane that more people aren't singing it's praises.

Go buy it now. Like right now.

Turfster

Can't we use a VPN or something else to get this?

PS: I've been wanting to play a old-school FPS. Painkiller could be what I'm looking for? (80% discount, I don't think I saw it lower than that...)

The Painkiller I played was lots of shitty corridors and cramped design with enemies that kept teleporting in. Not fun.

Am I able to use Steam Wallet and a credit card together? I have $16+on Steam and only $8 on my Visa gift card. If I add $5, I'll still be a dollar short of what I need to get TWD Season 2. So is it possible to use the Wallet, and use the credit card to pay the rest?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Am I able to use Steam Wallet and a credit card together? I have $16+on Steam and only $8 on my Visa gift card. If I add $5, I'll still be a dollar short of what I need to get TWD Season 2. So is it possible to use the Wallet, and use the credit card to pay the rest?

Yeah, when you check out it will mention that if you don't have enough to cover with your wallet funds it will ask for a second payment method to complete it.

nexen

This is like that shitty matrix movie where that dude kept copying himself, isn't it? Except instead of Elrond we get a hot actress.

I'm ok with this.

Decado

Paid for the whole thing in card bucks and I never got into it. Maybe it's more fun in coop, but at this point there's a bunch of other side scrolling action games worth getting into instead.

Damn. Hopefully they polish it up...it's probably my most anticipated indie side-scroller. What other action side scrollers are really good right now? Not into the puzzle ones and side scrolling action games (really good ones), don't seem to be that common.

Seanspeed

Banned
Dead Space 2 on Steam or Origin? It's still 7.50€ and doesn't include any DLC :(
So the Dead Space 2 version on Steam doesn't have DLC? I was reading there was a problem with it coming with ALL the DLC, making all the guns and suits available for free from the beginning. I found a workaround for that if that's the case, but if it doesn't have the DLC, then awesome.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Damn. Hopefully they polish it up...it's probably my most anticipated indie side-scroller. What other action side scrollers are really good right now? Not into the puzzle ones and side scrolling action games (really good ones), don't seem to be that common.
If you don't already own it, consider Volgarr.

Kifimbo

Trade Offer and Trading Card Updates
29 OCTOBER - AL
We've got some updates to Trade Offers to give you more options for receiving offers from users who aren't on your friends list, plus some improvements to the badge progress page.

Trade Offer privacy overview page
On your trade offers page, there's a new "Who can send me trade offers?" link that provides an overview of who can send you trade offers based on your current privacy settings.

"Trade URL" for third-party sites
On the new "Who can send me trade offers?" page, you'll also find a "Trade URL", which is a personalized URL you can share with other users to let them send you trade offers. You can use this URL on third-party sites, in chat rooms, or in group forums like this group's Trading forum. You can also create a new Trade URL at any time, which will make the old link inactive.

Badge progress links
In the "Cards left to collect" section of the badge progress page, there are a couple of new links providing quick access to that card's page on the market, and the game's trading forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom