• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys I need help, I have a currency problem with my account.

I live in Europe and I since I was going to visit my family in America for a long time, I decided to put money on my wallet in order to avoid any problems with the regions and the credit card. However, now I can not buy anything, the money in my wallet is in euros but since I am in America, Steam displays the prices in dollars, so when I try to buy, it doesn't allow me, citing currency differences.

What can I do? How can I make it to charge me in euros so I can use my wallet?

Submit a ticket to Support (note that you'll need to create a support account if you haven't already -- your Steam login details will not work) stating that you're travelling abroad and would like to be able to purchase items while overseas. The IP restriction will be removed from your account and you can then visit http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=xx (where xx is your desired country code) whenever you wish to purchase something. While you're waiting, using a VPN service that offers a server in your home country should do the trick.

Submit a ticket to Support (note that you'll need to create a support account if you haven't already -- your Steam login details will not work) stating that you're travelling abroad and would like to be able to purchase items while overseas. The IP restriction will be removed from your account and you can then visit http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=xx (where xx is your desired country code) whenever you wish to purchase something. While you're waiting, using a VPN service that offers a server in your home country should do the trick.

Thanks a lot for helping me!! ;)

sheaaaa

That actually excites me a bit more, to be honest. I loved Dust, but the combat (although appearing quite layered at first) was very simplistic and the game was VERY easy, even on hard mode. So yeah, I would definitely look forward to something with a deeper system there (one of the skill tress has a parry skill, which I'm eyeballing like mad).

I also haven't had issues with the platforming (yet) AND I'm using a 360 pad, which is wholly unsuitable for platforming (but it's my only wireless PC pad, so). I'll chime back in on that once I have more abilities and/or see more actual platforming segments though. I just got the wall-jump, so that may be a good way to gauge how well things control.

And the less said about Guacamelee, there better. ;-)

You'll like the combat because it only gets more complex and layered. Fair play to the devs on that. The platforming, well, only gets worse. Later areas are really maddening, and not just cause they're difficult, but because they feel so cruel and poorly designed. Platforming challenges, I can take. Guacamelee's optional areas were great fun. But Valdis Story, nope, nope, nope.

Dolor

Who didn't buy anything? There was nothing noteworthy, and the Christmast sale is near, seemed like it was better waiting.

I didn't buy anything. I am swamped with games, and the few games I didn't already have that I wanted didn't have trading cards, so I figured I could wait.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Who didn't buy anything? There was nothing noteworthy, and the Christmast sale is near, seemed like it was better waiting.

I wouldn't say that. Titles like Don't Starve, Super House of Dead Ninjas, and Miasmata are a few of the independent titles that were noteworthy and surprised a lot of people. Plenty in this thread definitly seem to feel The Swapper was worth it.

KOF for 13,99€ - yay or nay?

Great 2D fighter, lovely to look at, and unlike consoles very much worth playing online with. If you are in the market for such a title, this is the game to get.

MKUltra

I got Sleeping Dogs and Spelunky (I guess not technically part of the sale) I probably would have got more but I only recently got my PC so have a lot of catching up to do with the bundles and things I've bought in the past.

Cheddahz

Banned
Did you play 2k13 on pc? Because the pc version is usually hamstrung, 2K13 was missing 2 modes, stadium lighting, and the vc point system which made my player a pain in the ass. Not that it wouldn't have been a pain in the ass with the vc system because of the low game payouts.

I did play the PC version of 2K13 and I didn't really mind the lost of those features at all

Pre-Order Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition 10% off - $44.99

header.jpg

Lain

I didn't buy anything... but only because of where I spent money today (and then I went and spent on DQ2 anyways).
Personally I feel that there were some really interesting games in the sale. I hope The Swapper will be on sale for Christmas to get it then.

Milamber

What an awesome Halloween Sale that was. Got some great games too.

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna restart my PC now so I can play Deadly Premonition before it crashes again after an hour or two in-game.

Momentary

Banned
Fighting games on Steam is getting to a decent proportion now:

There are still quite a few games missing from Steam that already have PC ports such as Guilty Gears and BlazeBlue.

Just need the new BlazBlue, Guilty Gear Xrd, the next Tekken, and VF5FS on Steam and I'll be ok. Also VF2 is the WRONG version... ;_;

lol Genesis version of VF2

Seriously though Sega what are you doing to me, bring 5FS on Steam already. No 3D fighters on the service, capitalize on the unserved audience there.

You'll like the combat because it only gets more complex and layered. Fair play to the devs on that. The platforming, well, only gets worse. Later areas are really maddening, and not just cause they're difficult, but because they feel so cruel and poorly designed. Platforming challenges, I can take. Guacamelee's optional areas were great fun. But Valdis Story, nope, nope, nope.
Well, I will continue to reevaluate the platforming, but so far I'm still inclined to disagree with you. I've now gone through a few of the platforming challenges for golden chests, including a few that required multiple timed door switches and they were pretty tightly designed. But I will be fair and see how they continue to progress.

Momentary

Banned
Well, I will continue to reevaluate the platforming, but so far I'm still inclined to disagree with you. I've now gone through a few of the platforming challenges for golden chests, including a few that required multiple timed door switches and they were pretty tightly designed. But I will be fair and see how they continue to progress.

I'm with you on Valdis Story. It plays tight and the mechanics to getting golden chests have been very tight. The combat for me is spot on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pinball Arcade is almost up on steam.

When that happens my full transition to PC Gaming will be complete.

I'm still waiting on Shadow Complex.

And Wet.

And RDR.

And Dragon's Dogma.

Only then could I leave the PS360 behind.

Colin.

I forgot to buy Typing of the Dead... doh

GMG still have the offer going if you're keen on getting it. Not sure if the 20% code still works though: GMG20-50Z66-SCTEU. There is also this code on the homepage, but it says some titles are excluded: GMG20-P6Y1F-KC19F

AkuMifune

Banned
I looked at my backlog and wasn't really interested in anything. Again.

God help me I'm thinking about giving Alpha Protocol another shot.

Turfster

The Path got cards?
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Groupees Be Mine X coming soon, and the BAGB is 1 game minimum at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom