• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

Ended up buying nothing. It's just a couple months until the winter sale and I didn't really see anything exclusive in the Halloween sale so I'll just wait for that and do the big push then.

Derrick01

Banned
So I wake up and I'm still in a foul mood over Batman's end-game glitch thanks to the patch from yesterday.

If anyone's playing that game stop when you're pretty far in. It really sucks too because the story was getting so good for most of the last 5-8 hours and the momentum was instantly stopped by this glitch.

I saw that the stick of truth release date on the first page is still marked as Dec 2013, and I got a little sad : (

I feel like I've been looking forward to this game for eons. And now they pushed it back to Q1 2014! Oh well, at least I hope it's very polished and doesn't get review-bashed because of bugs / inconsistencies

Nabs

So I wake up and I'm still in a foul mood over Batman's end-game glitch thanks to the patch from yesterday.

If anyone's playing that game stop when you're pretty far in. It really sucks too because the story was getting so good for most of the last 5-8 hours and the momentum was instantly stopped by this glitch.

I hit that glitch as well. I guess it happens if you die during that boss fight. I hope my save backup isn't too far behind.

whoa what? Patch broke the ending? Damn, they aren't doing so great on this one....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can get it, price varies from 55 to 60, shouldn't be hard.

How's stock looking? Ideally I'd rather wait until after the Autumn Sale before purchasing (so around four weeks from now), but I'll bite the bullet earlier if there's a distinct possibility of the remaining copies drying up before then.

Now I'm having second thoughts. I was expecting $25 at most.

The good: I found an online retailer that sells the game.
The bad: It's $73.

Ended up buying nothing. It's just a couple months until the winter sale and I didn't really see anything exclusive in the Halloween sale so I'll just wait for that and do the big push then.

I'm leaning in that direction too. There's nothing I need to buy right now; it's not as if I don't have anything else to play.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Derrick. Hope your day improves :).

How's stock looking? Ideally I'd rather wait until after the Autumn Sale before purchasing (so around four weeks from now), but I'll bite the bullet earlier if there's a distinct possibility of the remaining copies drying up before then.
They won't run out, just that Japanese retail games don't drop that much, western games drop relatively quicker.

Derrick01

Banned
I hit that glitch as well. I guess it happens if you die during that boss fight. I hope my save backup isn't too far behind.

Yeah the fight was going normally until I died then all sorts of shenanigans started happening. Out of place cutscenes, entire parts of the boss being skipped and finally after the very last part the game goes completely black screen.

whoa what? Patch broke the ending? Damn, they aren't doing so great on this one....

Well the good news is they fixed the tower glitch that everyone was complaining about! They just kinda ruined the game in the process :\

Deques

The good: I found an online retailer that sells the game.
The bad: It's $73.

I can't find any price history on DW7. I want to know how much costs during sales

I come bearing gifts.

I bring you... Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.
It actually looks better in game than in screens....if only slightly lol.

1024x768.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190922466

1024x682.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190919127

1024x682.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190919144
I love pixel art!
Ah, great! I'll be in touch, then, provided I don't forget. ;)
Ok.

Reckoner

Guys, do you know a good deal on Ass Creed Brotherhood and Revelations? If I buy it on disc, does the key activate on Steam or Uplay?

I'm leaning in that direction too. There's nothing I need to buy right now; it's not as if I don't have anything else to play.

And the same here. In fact, I've been feeling pretty virtuous having resisted temptation throughout this sale. Of course I then rather spoiled matters by splurging on Football Manager, but that's not part of the sale* so it doesn't count - and at least I'm going to be playing that right away (45 hours so far and counting; just couple of matches from promotion!)

* uh... on second thoughts, I think maybe I'm doing it wrong. :(

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
:)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-BCD6FF739EC54EED - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

Yes please, the IGAvanias we're great, and this is the first I've heard of this comparison.
It's a VERY apt comparison, too.

There are four characters (two locked at the start), their descriptions tend to indicate they will play differently.

There are a LOT of difficulty levels and the standard one seems a bit easy so far (of course, I'm only thirty minutes in, so).

Wall-jumping.

Combos and skill cancelling.

Deques

It's never been available on the store. The only public sub the game's tied to is a retail sub. Consequently, even Valve employees don't own it:

Even if this never been on the store, there must be some pricing history. All sites that track prices check the Steam store. So some tracker might have been able to check in the Chinese Steam store. or could it be that it's not available in the Chinese Steam store?

JaseC

Even if this never been on the store, there must be some pricing history. All sites that track prices check the Steam store. So some tracker might have been able to check in the Chinese Steam store. or could it be that it's not available in the Chinese Steam store?

It's never been up on the store at all.

Nabs

The bitComposer Humble Bundle 1 sub (now just bC Bundle 1) currently contains Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers, Thunder Wolves and Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD.

And the same here. In fact, I've been feeling pretty virtuous having resisted temptation throughout this sale. Of course I then rather spoiled matters by splurging on Football Manager, but that's not part of the sale* so it doesn't count - and at least I'm going to be playing that right away (45 hours so far and counting; just couple of matches from promotion!)

* uh... on second thoughts, I think maybe I'm doing it wrong. :(

I would say that FM is the exception to the rule but don't let me spoil your fun of self flagellation :p.

I am shortly going to leave the house and go outside! :eek:

Hold me!

Turfster

Btw: does the game need to be on focus or is it sufficient when it runs in the background and windowed? I have 3 games running for 2 hours now and didn't get any card yet.

Multi-idling isn't profitable. It goes much quicker if you just idle in one game at a time. I get a card every 20 minutes like clockwork and I only get cards for one game at a time.

Lain

I had All Zombies Must Die, Dracula Origins, Dracula: Love Kills, Vampire: The Masquerade and even The Swapper in the Steam cart, but managed to resist and didn't buy anything.

Maybe I'm finally getting cured.

sheaaaa

It's a VERY apt comparison, too.

There are four characters (two locked at the start), their descriptions tend to indicate they will play differently.

There are a LOT of difficulty levels and the standard one seems a bit easy so far (of course, I'm only thirty minutes in, so).

Wall-jumping.

Combos and skill cancelling.

I didn't like Valdis City much, which is a real shame. It starts off promising but it gets complex in very unfair and cruel ways. The platforming just doesn't control well enough at all. It frustrated me immensely and IMO can't hold a candle to Guacamelee or Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Nabs

I had All Zombies Must Die, Dracula Origins, Dracula: Love Kills, Vampire: The Masquerade and even The Swapper in the Steam cart, but managed to resist and didn't buy anything.

You still have a few hours. The Swapper is amazing :)

Turfster

The new downloader lists previous downloaded values as temporary totals until they actually get downloaded when updating. Game patches also don't seem to get a "move to top of queue" option, but are listed as "ready to play"...

I'm proud and jealous of you, I couldn't resist and got Ghostbusters, Joe Danger bundle, and Penumbra bundle.

JaseC

Sounds like a disease to me. :p

I didn't like Valdis City much, which is a real shame. It starts off promising but it gets complex in very unfair and cruel ways. The platforming just doesn't control well enough at all. It frustrated me immensely and IMO can't hold a candle to Guacamelee or Dust: An Elysian Tail.
That actually excites me a bit more, to be honest. I loved Dust, but the combat (although appearing quite layered at first) was very simplistic and the game was VERY easy, even on hard mode. So yeah, I would definitely look forward to something with a deeper system there (one of the skill tress has a parry skill, which I'm eyeballing like mad).

I also haven't had issues with the platforming (yet) AND I'm using a 360 pad, which is wholly unsuitable for platforming (but it's my only wireless PC pad, so). I'll chime back in on that once I have more abilities and/or see more actual platforming segments though. I just got the wall-jump, so that may be a good way to gauge how well things control.

And the less said about Guacamelee, there better. ;-)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
A few more hours to decide whether I want The Typing of the Dead or not... hmm
I caved and bought it off GMG this morning. Between that 20% voucher and watching a few videos, I couldn't resist. :(

I'd like to see the original too, so hopefully Overkill does well enough for Sega to consider that.

Cheddahz

Banned
I actually ended up getting NBA 2K14. I'm a huge NBA fan, so I know that the game will give me many hours of enjoyment (just like 2K13 did)

Grief.exe

So it seems the devs working on the Sudeki app either stopped development or moved onto a whole new app entirely.

The old Halo 3 app has seen several updates the last couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom