• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Sounds realistic. :)

Can't remember if it was posted, so: Pinball Arcade is finally coming to Steam on Nov 1st.

From their newsletter:

Was just searching for this info on Pinball Arcade, and find your post, and find it today no less. Terrific news! Excited to get home tonight and play it than.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems my $10 Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures order did go through successfully. I was worried that Amazon's manual verification would be grounds for me missing out since the game was removed shortly after the order was placed.

Anteater

So it seems the devs working on the Sudeki app either stopped development or moved onto a whole new app entirely.

The old Halo 3 app has seen several updates the last couple of days.

It's happening! Migrating my 360 library to PC one game at a time! Hopefully.

AlphaK

Is Torchlight II worth $6?

Also, is this the right place to ask for an invite to the steam group? My account name is JCmasta.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Also, is this the right place to ask for an invite to the steam group? My account name is JCmasta.

If you have a friend or two to plkay co-op with, absolutely. I think the pacing fell off in the second half, but it felt great mechanically when I played it on launch (casual ARPG fan opinion).

probably

Torchling-Infog.jpg

made a post about it here. the enemy AI is typical brainless ARPG mobs but you can up their health and play on harder difficulties without effecting loot drops if that's your thing.

it's a game where you get what you put into it. lots of mods. if you want to min-max it and spam 1 skill at the detriment of fun you can do that. or you can make all sorts of combo builds and mix it up. all up to you to experiment yourself or read up on builds that sound fun and follow those ones. the game's more about your unique character than the bunch of forgettable monsters you'll face

"Only mad cats and Englishmen...." That's all I'm saying ;)

Speaking of which, young master William [my avatar] was helping with the typing before I left. To my horror I suddenly realised when in town that I had left myself signed into GAF. So if I posted anything offensive while I was out it wasn't me! plsdon'tbanmeplskthxbai

No idea sorry but the first one was free on GOG at one point and may still be if that's of any interest to you.

Invite sent.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One final heads up before tomorrow:

Tomorrow morning at 8am (Pacific Time GMT -0700) I'll be participating in the 2013 Extra Life gaming marathon. I'll be gaming for 25 hours straight and will be streaming the entire thing on my Twitch.tv channel.

I've got a selection of 20 Steam games that I've never played before and I'm going to try to get to each one if I can. I may also be playing some Path of Exile and/or other things. I'll probably be consuming massive amounts of caffeine.

So check in on my channel and join me starting in about 23 hours from now!

As someone who loved Diablo II, both Torchlight games were way too WoW-glowey for my enjoyment, but Path of Exile scratched that itch within an hour of playing. I vote Path of Exile.

There's a demo for T2 though, so you could play both and then decide.

On one hand, I want to wait until a patch is pushed out to Valdis Story so I can screenshot like a madman.

On the other hand I REALLY WANT TO PLAY IT RIGHT NOW.

FloatOn

Salsa is going to have a nice surprise when she wakes up.

This is me giving more money to Sega and a desperate attempt to usurp the power of pokemon addiction.

It's that good?
From what little I've gathered is that PoE is pretty hardcore compared to T2's rather brisk/casual take on the genre.

Somebody posted a screenshot of a skill tree for PoE and I was like "NOPE."

Torchlight II is definitely worth $6 though, all the same.

Speaking on that, I still need about ten or so Steam friends that have played Torchlight II with an activated Runic account for that silly achievement.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/PixyJunket/

The_Monk

This is me giving more money to Sega and a desperate attempt to usurp the power of pokemon addiction.

Good luck with that I think he got 2 3DS's now and BF4 so it's going to be a tough challenge, but either way a surprise is always a nice and kind thing fellow GAFfer! :)

FloatOn

On one hand, I want to wait until a patch is pushed out to Valdis Story so I can screenshot like a madman.

On the other hand I REALLY WANT TO PLAY IT RIGHT NOW.

holy shit.

how did I not know about this video game? looks so good.

Good luck with that I think he got 2 3DS's now and BF4 so it's going to be a tough challenge, but either way a surprise is always a nice and kind thing fellow GAFfer! :)

ugh... what a jerk. no wonder he was complaining about card money acquisition.

Tomorrow morning at 8am (Pacific Time GMT -0700) I'll be participating in the 2013 Extra Life gaming marathon. I'll be gaming for 25 hours straight and will be streaming the entire thing on my Twitch.tv channel.

I've got a selection of 20 Steam games that I've never played before and I'm going to try to get to each one if I can. I may also be playing some Path of Exile and/or other things. I'll probably be consuming massive amounts of caffeine.

Good luck! [/Great Fox]

Oh and I see Enhanced Steam now tells me the date I actually purchased the game rather than just "You already own this game".

Enhanced Steam > Steam Client +1

I actually ended up getting NBA 2K14. I'm a huge NBA fan, so I know that the game will give me many hours of enjoyment (just like 2K13 did)

Did you play 2k13 on pc? Because the pc version is usually hamstrung, 2K13 was missing 2 modes, stadium lighting, and the vc point system which made my player a pain in the ass. Not that it wouldn't have been a pain in the ass with the vc system because of the low game payouts.

holy shit.

how did I not know about this video game? looks so good.
It is sadly going under the radar since the developer isn't in an "indie dev clique" or something (that's just my jaded guess, heh). It's also just two people, so they may have trouble getting the word out on their own. They had a really successful Kickstarter though, so they're probably happy either way. Hopefully the game gets good word of mouth.

I just made this comparison in indie thread, but the combat kind of reminds me of the Devil May Cry inspired Spyro game on the GBA, if anybody even remembers that.

Joe Molotov

If you got a free Blackwell Deception key yesterday, you might not have it for long.

Hi everyone. If you saw a direct link to a Blackwell Deception Steam key generator on a forum or website, that was an error. It was a backend system for the free offer that got exploited and went viral. I have put together a list of all the codes that were generated after the free offer expired last night (over 30,000 of them!) and I have asked Steam to disable them. I am very sorry about this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I see xelios is revving up the purchasing engine again. I thought we were going to have a real hare-sleeps-while-tortoise-wins situation going on here.

If you got a free Blackwell Deception key yesterday, you might not have it for long.

On the one hand I highly doubt the exploit is actually going to cost them anything because I highly doubt that very many people will try the free copies they got and I suspect most of the exploited copies will be taken by people who were never going to buy the game.

On the other hand, I also don't think it's a real problem for that reason.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well that would be a shame. My copy is still in my library and just launched okay so we'll see if I'm lucky or not I guess.

The keys Valve gave Wadjet Eye for the promotion were mistakenly tied to the Wadjet Eye Comp sub, so they in fact activated all WE games rather than just Blackwell Deception. This was corrected by removing all but Blackwell Deception from the sub, but this also affected WE employees, so the only options remaining on the table were to either make a new WE Comp sub or have Valve remove the aforementioned keys from accounts and then return the existing sub to its original state. Since the intention was to hand out Blackwell Deception for free, I assume the promotion will be restarted once Valve has binned the 30,000-odd keys and given WE new ones.

good luck dude!

epic tag btw

Guys I need help, I have a currency problem with my account.

I live in Europe and I since I was going to visit my family in America for a long time, I decided to put money on my wallet in order to avoid any problems with the regions and the credit card. However, now I can not buy anything, the money in my wallet is in euros but since I am in America, Steam displays the prices in dollars, so when I try to buy, it doesn't allow me, citing currency differences.

What can I do? How can I make it to charge me in euros so I can use my wallet?

Freezard

I don't know about T2 but the original Torchlight was really boring and lightweight. I ended up just running through it by dying constantly since you only lost experience from it, killing enemies just wasn't that fun and there was no story.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't know about T2 but the original Torchlight was really boring and lightweight. I ended up just running through it by dying constantly since you only lost experience from it, killing enemies just wasn't that fun and there was no story.

Co-op remedies a lot of that. More interesting areas too.

Grief.exe

Salsa is finished, game over.

Sucked in by the two great evils of our generation, Electronic Arts and Pocket Monsters.

Lain

Since I managed to not spend on the Halloween sale, I grabbed the pre-order for Defender's Quest 2. What an idiot.

Well, have a giveaway for the awesome first game since I don't need the bonus key:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Defender's Quest -- MB-18604996114EABEB - Taken by Vecks. 23 entrants total.

t1383335304z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom