• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Wrong console. :p

I don't get it :(

over-your-head-o.gif

J.Edge

Neo Member
Pinball Arcade is almost up on steam.

When that happens my full transition to PC Gaming will be complete.

Almost up? Has it appeared on SteamDB?

I've been hoping that Pinball Arcade would just show up on the new releases page ever since it got greenlit. I never heard anything more concrete than "soon" in terms of a target Steam release date.

Grief.exe

Get PS+

Downloading Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance right now.

Not really interested in either.

MGR coming to PC, don't really like action games though.
PS+ wouldn't have much value for me since I probably already own the majority of games on PC and I would prefer to play the games on that platform anyways.

Halo 2's MP was given yet another stay of execution until early next year, so we're unlikely to hear anything until then.

This is my thoughts on it as well. Likely they don't want any PC news to get in the way of their Xbox One marketing push either.

capcom why you no port more games?

Yes please. Trying to apply rational thought to Japanese publishers is an impossibility.

I looked at my backlog and wasn't really interested in anything. Again.

God help me I'm thinking about giving Alpha Protocol another shot.

Don't do it! It's not to late! You can still save yourself!

Play Waking Mars instead; it's gud.

AP was one of the games I tried yesterday before putting it in the "I'm done with it" category. There's obviously a decent game in there somewhere. Frustrating.

I'm a few weeks away from picking up a PS3!

Talking about leaving this generation behind, I'm just jumping in!

Well you got there before me :). Once shops have the PS360 in firesales to clear stock and I can pick them up in a bundle for about £50 each then I'll jump in too :p.

JDHarbs

Halo 2's MP was given yet another stay of execution until early next year, so we're unlikely to hear anything until then.
I think an announcement would probably come a month or two in advance. Halo on Steam is pretty big deal. That Spring 2014 update probably refers to the release.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
KOF Sale pros:

Beautiful high resolution 2D sprites
It's 50% off

KOF Sale cons:

I don't like KOF
It's not 75% off

You should be able to pick it up from traders for 4 keys.

Edit: Actually, the profit margin on that would be pretty slim (~30c), so probably 5 instead.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
PS+ is pretty pointless feature tho, especially when you game on the PC.

By the way how's Expeditions: Conquistidors?

nexen

Almost up? Has it appeared on SteamDB?

I've been hoping that Pinball Arcade would just show up on the new releases page ever since it got greenlit. I never heard anything more concrete than "soon" in terms of a target Steam release date.

They announced today as their release date.
BUT they're having some last-minute troubles with Steam, so they are still working on it. Should be real soon now.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/6313-Important

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You should be able to pick it up from traders for 4 keys.

4 keys is actually more expensive than the game is on my store.

The illegal steam key blackmarket doesn't benefit me at all.

Well you got there before me :). Once shops have the PS360 in firesales to clear stock and I can pick them up in a bundle for about £50 each then I'll jump in too :p.

I was totally of that mind. Then Sony introduced the PSN+ program, where you get free games each month, but ONLY if you downloaded/assigned those games to your account that month. I looked up PS3 prices then, they were absurd where I live (700USD+ for the cheapest one). I didn't buy one, and because of that, I missed on pretty much the entire Catalog of PS3 games I'd want to play, given away for free with PSN+.

As of today, I rather just cut my losses and not buy a PS3 at all, as I already lost all those free games.

Turfster

PS+ is pretty pointless feature tho, especially when you game on the PC.

By the way how's Expeditions: Conquistidors?
Hey now. I can actually play the Ubi games I got on it, instead of you know, being stuck unable to access my account on PC... And I can also run the EA games without signing up to Origin.
That's a big plus in my book.

Dec

Get PS+

Downloading Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance right now.

You were right about Hotline Miami. So much better with a mouse. Levels that were giving me problems before are really easy now, and I still take advantage of the lock on (it's on middle mouse button).

For example, one guy on the other side of the room with a gun and a guy with a knife right near the door. Lock onto the guy with the gun, open the door and really quickly throw my current weapon at him, punch the knife guy close to the door, finish him off then have barely enough time to run over to the guy with the gun before he gets up.

I equally enjoy when shit just goes crazy. I have this plan in my head and there happens to be a pane of glass I didn't notice, then the mouse quickness really comes into play. Things like mowing people down until I run out of ammo, then throwing the gun at the last couple guys and stomping them down. And all in the span of a few seconds, feels great to not struggle with the input method.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think an announcement would probably come a month or two in advance. Halo on Steam is pretty big deal. That Spring 2014 update probably refers to the release.

Yeah, by "then" I meant "early 2014". Incidentally, come February it'll have been a year since the MP was initially supposed to be retired.

4 keys is actually more expensive than the game is on my store.

The illegal steam key blackmarket doesn't benefit me at all.

Ah, right.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't really understand either, but Steam seems unusually accepting of dead FtP mmos as of late--what with them bringing back Rose and Ragnarok.

Official Ragnarok is apparently still alive

I see both 1 and 2 on steam!

wait even the defunct 2?!

Rose is dead tho... which brings me to the point, where would these people play if Rose Online is dead

Hey now. I can actually play the Ubi games I got on it, instead of you know, being stuck unable to access my account on PC... And I can also run the EA games without signing up to Origin.
That's a big plus in my book.

Huh, uplay still exists?

And true but now you're also running PSN to get PS+ in the first place :p

but is metal gear rising on pc for free, is it!?

I still laugh at people calling PS+ games free.

It's pretty much what turned me off from that, that and its fanatics.

Turfster

Huh, uplay still exists?

And true but now you're also running PSN to get PS+ in the first place :p
I still laugh at people calling PS+ games free.
Yes, Uplay still exists, and their shitty password stuff basically locked me out of my Ubisoft games. =p

Hey, I'm running PSN ANYWAY on the PS3/Vita, so... Also, I pull the network cord before playing Ubi/EA games, so I don't need to 'run' PSN after I've downloaded the game.
While PS+ games aren't "free" as such, you can't dispute that for the price of one game, you basically get at least 50, which is a good deal, no matter how you look at it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Frankie is one hell of a liar. He can try to pretend it's not happening all he wants, but don't stop believing!

Oh man, Halo 3 on Steam would be freaking amazing, one of the few multiplayer games I truly loved.
It's been a long time since Frankie said there weren't any plans for a port. I think even before they decided the post-pone the shutdown of the Halo 2 servers.

Believe.

Deques

GMG still have the offer going if you're keen on getting it. Not sure if the 20% code still works though: GMG20-50Z66-SCTEU. There is also this code on the homepage, but it says some titles are excluded: GMG20-P6Y1F-KC19F

I already checked there and in GameFly, their deals already expired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom