• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

PS+ in a Steam thread, why? ;_;

It's a type of DD is it not? :)

Once the growth of PS+ slows down (meaning they have more or less everyone they can get), what's to stop them from slowing down the quality and/or frequency of the games provided for "free". So many people will be locked in with so many games they would lose that it would make sense from a business perspective to just milk those subscribers. They can't get any more than the subscription cost, so there's no reason for them to make it any better.

Not something I would want to sign up for.

Once a quality of a product starts to decline then surely people will leave the service and Sony wouldn't want that, so I doubt that's going to happen. Granted that PS+ is becoming mandatory for PS4 but from the looks of it the PS4 content such as DriveClub being on PS+ shows that the service is staying very competitive to rival services such as XBL.

I won't be surprised if Steam took a Netflix approach to games eventually.

Vecks

Well, here's a little something.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Anodyne -- MB-4659218AA5612C21 - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 8 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-B9318E6513B0EF6A - Taken by Clawww. 1 entrants total.

t1383349254z1.png

Dolor

Once a quality of a product starts to decline then surely people will leave the service and Sony wouldn't want that, so I doubt that's going to happen.

But by its design, the value of PS+ really can't decline. Maybe its relative value can, but it will forever be a growing catalog of games tied to a regular payment. How fast it will grow is an interesting question, but the beauty of PS+ (from a businessman's perspective) is how its stickiness gets stronger and stronger with each passing month.

sibarraz

Banned
...So like any other fighting game? Just takes some practice.

What kind of help do you need?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU this guide is pretty good to get introduced into KOF. Btw, the fact that KOF already is at 50% implies that the game was a bomba or snkp just wanted some quick cash?

That game would have been miles better if it crashed before the cutscenes started.

I don't know, since I took the game with an approach that is a parody of all those big guys movies I actually found them fun, but for example, that scene with the weapons scavengers really felt pointless, like I don't even know what tried to achieve

Question, does KoF13 have 1v1 online..

Nop, only 3 vs 3

MRORANGE

But by its design, the value of PS+ really can't decline. Maybe its relative value can, but it will forever be a growing catalog of games tied to a regular payment. How fast it will grow is an interesting question, but the beauty of PS+ (from a businessman's perspective) is how its stickiness gets stronger and stronger with each passing month.

I agree with that, but determining it's value can be very subjective, for me it's based on cost of what it took to buy vs what games I get on the service, right now 2 months in PS+ has already justified in repaying itself if I decided to go the retail route instead.

Dolor

I agree with that, but determining it's value can be very subjective, for me it's based on cost of what it took to buy vs what games I get on the service, right now 2 months in PS+ has already justified in repaying itself if I decided to go the retail route instead.

I can respect that. For high utilizers (people who play a lot/everything), it may always make sense as long as they keep adding games at a healthy clip. It's the low utilizers/casuals they are really trying to squeeze.

sibarraz

Banned
Fighting games on Steam is getting to a decent proportion now:

There are still quite a few games missing from Steam that already have PC ports such as Guilty Gears and BlazeBlue.

I love how you included the horrible genesis port of virtua fighter 2. Why not include eternal champions too? :(

sibarraz

Banned
BTW what changes does include the director's cut of deus ex: hr?

I had the 75% discount since I own the dlc, so I will love to know

MRORANGE

derFeef

Don't buy Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Don't buy Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Don't buy Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Don't buy Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition.

No I mean seriously, don't buy that garbage port.

Fighting games on Steam is getting to a decent proportion now:

There are still quite a few games missing from Steam that already have PC ports such as Guilty Gears and BlazeBlue.

+ Divekick and Vanguard Princess (marvel but less Anime) was just greenlight.

ArcSys are the big holdouts to complete the set.

Card Boy

Banned
Don't buy Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Don't buy Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Don't buy Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, Don't buy Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition.

Just the online multiplayer is garbage, its good outside that.

Miguel81

Wait a minute, is the base game that bad or is it just the online portion? GMG has it for 8 bucks after the 20% off code.

Salsa

So, there is a conference in Paris these days, and I have learnt there will be a puzzle-arcade game by Pastagames (Rayman Jungle Run for iOS) which will be released during the first quarter of 2014: Pix the Cat.

The game will be released on Steam.

Here are some pictures found on Twitter:

so full fledged Pix'n Love Rush

im in

Standard procedure is play for 10 minutes and then never touch it again because it is too hard.

Hope that helps get you started.

lol

Well, here's a little something.

FTL....sooooo goood! :D 80 hours played for me according to Steam.

I tried playing Xcom. It went something like "Oh, this is cool, I think I'm doing pretty we-OH GOD WHY IS EVERYONE DYING."

Which one? The original or the recent 're-boot'. As a virgin to XCom I played the re-boot a few months ago on the easiest difficulty setting and still found it anything but easy. The original is allegedly pretty brutal in comparison *wibble*.

I've been getting a lot of "Error Code: -118" lately on Steam. Anyone else experiencing the same frequency of such error?

Just got it; resolved itself after a minute or two. Valve must have run out of coins to put in the electric meter to powah the servers I guess :/. We'll all just have to buy more games then I suppose.

Turfster

Which one? The original or the recent 're-boot'. As a virgin to XCom I played the re-boot a few months ago on the easiest difficulty setting and still found it anything but easy. The original is allegedly pretty brutal in comparison *wibble*.
I did fine with the original when I was like, 15, and I could even finish terror from the deep.
I stopped playing the new one when they introduced the damn cyberdiscs and my entire team that I'd babied through from the start (on ironman classic) without a scratch all died.

I don't know if that says something about young me, or old me...

lol

FTL....sooooo goood! :D 80 hours played for me according to Steam.

Just got it; resolved itself after a minute or two. Valve must have run out of coins to put in the electric meter to powah the servers I guess :/. We'll all just have to buy more games then I suppose.

YES.

I did fine with the original when I was like, 15, and I could even finish terror from the deep.
I stopped playing the new one when they introduced the damn cyberdiscs and my entire team that I'd babied through from the start (on ironman classic) without a scratch all died.

I don't know if that says something about young me, or old me...

Ouch! :/

Probably a bit of both :p.

When I was 15 it was arcade games like Space Invaders [which I was rubbish at]. I probably could have played the original XCom okay given enough time; what I lack in skill I make up for with sheer bloodymindedness, ha! Not so sure now though, the mind and fingers are not as agile as they used to be to say the least! Although the newer XCom does allow one time to think so I might be okay with the original if I ever feel brave enough :).

*nerdfistbump* :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom