• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know what FTL is, but I have it in my library

One of the best indie games ever. A "rogue-like" space exploration game (sorry to the purists who take offense at the rogue-like term) where you start at one end of the galaxy and have to travel through a bunch of sectors to deliver secret plans that can ensure the destruction of the evil Rebels to the Federation. While traveling through each sector, you will encounter many random events, Rebel ships, and hostile and friendly aliens. With careful management of your crew and supplies, you might just make it to the end. Or your ship will explode.

ylW2S.jpg

Read the testimonials in the OP of the Official FTL Thread

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
That Naruto game looks pretty amazing judging from the trailers. But I never watched the series. Hm.

I still don't know what FTL is, but I have it in my library

:eek:

One of the best indie games ever. A "rogue-like" space exploration game (sorry to the purists who take offense at the rogue-like term) where you start at one end of the galaxy and have to travel through a bunch of sectors to deliver secret plans that can ensure the destruction of the evil Rebels to the Federation. While traveling through each sector, you will encounter many random events, Rebel ships, and hostile and friendly aliens. With careful management of your crew and supplies, you might just make it to the end. Or your ship will explode.

ylW2S.jpg

Read the testimonials in the OP of the Official FTL Thread

This fellow GAFer knows what's up! :D

Seriously Anteater, FTL is concentrated AWESOME!!! You really owe it to yourself to at least try it. If it clicks with you you will be so glad you did :D. It's such fun I didn't even mind failing and having to restart 99% of the time, it's that good.

Whilst talking about FTL, a lot of people might have played it out by now.

ftl_thydcav.png

If you are one, make sure to check out the Infinite Space mod:

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3542

It takes out the rebels and end boss and just lets you explore at your "leisure" for as long as you can survive. To make this interesting it ramps up the difficulty quicker and will really test out your skills.

It really adds back that "addictive quality" that you might lose after working out a winning strategy. It'll easily buy you another bunch of hours in what is already an incredible game.

I played through Gone Home last night. I had some bizarre performance issues throughout. It ran like a slideshow, worse than that memory leak issue I had with Bioshock Infinite. I tried some of the tweaks I found online, but it never really resolved. Weird.

I liked the environmental storytelling a lot. It felt organic in most instances, and I dug being able to seek stuff out. I didn't really care for the overarching story all that much though. I suppose it somewhat realistic that (narrative arc spoiler)
you initially suspect something bad has happened when no one is home. But it ultimately turning out pretty innocent, complete with a romantic happy ending kind of threw me off. I'm not saying it had to be sinister or any different from what it was, it just seemed built up in an odd way. Maybe that's just overly influenced by the type of media I've been consuming lately.

Minor weird observation spoiler from throughout the game:
The wealth of tape players they had scattered throughout the house was a bit weird too. They seemed well off, but it still seemed pretty wasteful.

I'm looking forward to hearing the commentary mode though. Even though the story wasn't for me, I still like the guys involved, and will probably get what they come out with next.

I'll get into The Wolf Among Us this weekend.

Whilst talking about FTL, if you have played it out make sure to check out the Infinite Space mod:

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3542

It takes out the rebels and end boss and just lets you explore at your "leisure" for as long as you can survive. To make this interesting it ramps up the difficulty quicker and will really test out your skills.

It really adds back that "addictive quality" that you might lose after working out a winning strategy. It'll easily buy you another bunch of hours in what is already an incredible game.

*Internet High Five*

I thought I was the only one recommending the FTL mods on GAF, glad to see I'm not alone!

The_Monk

I'll get into The Wolf Among Us this weekend.

Make sure to make some impressions later if you can fellow GAFfer. I guess I'm going to wait for all Episodes. I just removed Gone Home from my Wishlist since I dislike having more than 10 games in said list so now I'm back on my Top 10. Feels good.

Make sure to make some impressions later if you can fellow GAFfer. I guess I'm going to wait for all Episodes.

Yeah, I'm going to be following impressions for The Wolf Among Us as well. Usually it's not my type of game, but I really enjoyed the comic series so I'm leaning towards checking it out. I'd rather wait for a collected season edition though, just to have it all together at once (and hopefully on sale).

Make sure to make some impressions later if you can fellow GAFfer. I guess I'm going to wait for all Episodes. I just removed Gone Home from my Wishlist since I dislike having more than 10 games in said list so now I'm back on my Top 10. Feels good.

My wishlist is out of control. I just add anything that interests me, which leads me to having 114 listings, and subsequently an almost daily email announcing "An Item on your Wishlist is on Sale!" due to the volume. I should clean that up.

And yeah, I'll definitely post my thoughts on Wolf Among Us. I've completed every non-CSI Telltale game so far, but have minimal exposure to the Fables universe, so that should be interesting.

GUYS.

Prepare to have me not shut up about Valdis Story for the next week, next month.

The game is too sick on all fronts.

I just had a boss battle that wouldn't have felt out of place in a Platinum game.

Then five minutes later, I fought another boss of the same caliber.

And it wasn't even some story bravado or a crazy stage ending event, it was just "Hey, it's been a few minutes, here's something awesome to do."

sibarraz

Banned
You mean more anime than Marvel right? I can't see how Vanguard Princess is less anime than Marvel.

Oddly enough, from a gameplay perspective is less anime than mahvel, the game has really tights controls, and you can do big ass combos. Even the small ones are hard to do. Still, an amazing game, more if you consider that was made with fighting maker (originally, dunno if the engine was changed later)

Btw, nobody answered my question about what pros has to buy the deus ex hr directors cut dlc

Consider that I hadn't started deus ex yet

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So more developing news on my Steam Support / Top Gun saga.

They now want a picture of the CD Key, despite the fact that I've told them several times that one simply doesn't exist. On the inside pamphlet it says: "To register this game to your Steam account, enter the CD Key found below" (and then a bunch of blank space).

Going to take some high resolution images of the whole thing tonight and submit them to support. Somehow I doubt anything further will happen, since there is no CD Key present.

GUYS.

Prepare to have me not shut up about Valdis Story for the next week, next month.

I just had a boss battle that wouldn't have felt out of place in a Platinum game.

And it wasn't even some story bravado or a crazy stage ending event, it was just "Hey, it's been a few minutes, here's something awesome to do."
definitely buying or winning that game looks sick

FloatOn

So, there is a conference in Paris these days, and I have learnt there will be a puzzle-arcade game by Pastagames (Rayman Jungle Run for iOS) which will be released during the first quarter of 2014: Pix the Cat.

The game will be released on Steam.

Speaking of french devs Arkedo has a new game coming out called Poof vs the Cursed Kitty coming out next week.

It being inspired by arcade mario bros is a really good thing in my book and I'm one of the few people that enjoyed Hell Yeah!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243280/

Check out the trailer it's quite odd.

MRORANGE

So more developing news on my Steam Support / Top Gun saga.

They now want a picture of the CD Key, despite the fact that I've told them several times that one simply doesn't exist. On the inside pamphlet it says: "To register this game to your Steam account, enter the CD Key found below" (and then a bunch of blank space).

Going to take some high resolution images of the whole thing tonight and submit them to support. Somehow I doubt anything further will happen, since there is no CD Key present.

They sometimes ask for receipts, so I would put it next to the empty CD Key picture to save you time.

Hope it gets fixed.

FloatOn

GUYS.

fuck.... I need to beat a few games and then I'm in.

you've sold me.

edit: btw I've never played a platinum game, I've been meaning to do that but I catch your drift.

Oddly enough, from a gameplay perspective is less anime than mahvel, the game has really tights controls, and you can do big ass combos. Even the small ones are hard to do. Still, an amazing game, more if you consider that was made with fighting maker (originally, dunno if the engine was changed later)

Btw, nobody answered my question about what pros has to buy the deus ex hr directors cut dlc

Consider that I hadn't started deus ex yet

Didn't knew that thanks.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just came home only to find out someone had installed Chrome earlier today. Oh well, I may try the updated version of Enhanced Steam now, what do I have to lose?

I'm not gonna betray Opera, but... whatever, I'm curious. That's not a crime, is it?

I just came home only to find out someone had installed Chrome earlier today. Oh well, I may try the updated version of Enhanced Steam now, what do I have to lose?

I'm not gonna betray Opera, but... whatever, I'm curious. That's not a crime, is it?

One of us! One of us!

Dec

I think jshackles said the firefox version is up to date now? I use Waterfox, super fast and hardware accelerated 64bit version of firefox. No browser comes close.

fuck.... I need to beat a few games and then I'm in.

you've sold me.

edit: btw I've never played a platinum game, I've been meaning to do that but I catch your drift.
Aw yeauuuh. I have done my job, but there is still work to be done.

I need to play more and I need to come and sing of how crazy good it is.

Valdis > Dust.

Yeah, I said it.

And I LOVED Dust.

Lain

Opera for life for me. I only betray it with Chrome from time to time.

Anyone grabbed Lilly Looking Through and wants to share thoughts? That and Valdis Story are really pushing me over the edge to grab them instead of waiting 3 months for some sale...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think jshackles said the firefox version is up to date now? I use Waterfox, super fast and hardware accelerated 64bit version of firefox. No browser comes close.
I hate Firefox. Every time I had to use it I wanted to shoot myself with a water gun right in the hand. Its tab management is horrible, and it's uncomfortable to use and ugly to look at. Or at least it was a few years ago, haven't had to deal with it in a long time.

So far, the real Enhanced Steam is very good, but not enough to make me change browsers. I like the additions to the activity feed, but I can live without them. The Opera version suits me fine. Anyway, I can see all the wonderful work that Jshackles did with it, and it's great.

My wishlist is out of control. I just add anything that interests me, which leads me to having 114 listings, and subsequently an almost daily email announcing "An Item on your Wishlist is on Sale!" due to the volume. I should clean that up.

Heh, me too. I had a really small wishlist and kept a separate text doc of all the other games I was interested in but in the end found it was too much of a pain to maintain. So now I have a he-uge wishlist like you but I am genuinely interested in all of them. Some I really, really wish to play e.g. the Walking Dead [which now, thanks to DukeBobby is no longer on my wishlist] but even those games I am least interested in I would like to play at some point. It's nice having options I guess? :)

The new one. Kicked my ass. :lol

Well it's not supposed to be a cakewalk so there's no shame in that :). If it was your first time playing an XCom game [as it was for me] you could do worse than start from scratch once you've got your head round the basics. I did that and found I had a far better time of it second time round. Not that it matters either way as long as you're enjoying the game. I hope you are as I had a blast.

Haha yea I suck at FTL. I get overwhelmed way too easily.

Perseverance furthers fellow GAFer :D. I stuck at it and could pretty much play it on auto pilot much of the time. I've still never got past the end boss though :/. Got close a couple of times but not yet. One day.

I used Firefox for over a decade and was eminently happy with it. Tried other browsers but always went back to Firefox. Switched to Opera a few months ago as Firefox was being a pain one day and haven't gone back and have no desire to. You are allowed to switch you know? :p You won't get tracked down by other members of the browser cult and crucified or anything.
probably

Heh, me too. I had a really small wishlist and kept a separate text doc of all the other games I was interested in but in the end found it was too much of a pain to maintain. So now I have a he-uge wishlist like you but I am genuinely interested in all of them. Some I really, really wish to play e.g. the Walking Dead [which now, thanks to DukeBobby is no longer on my wishlist] but even those games I am least interested in I would like to play at some point. It's nice having options I guess? :)
I have stuff on there that's not available on Steam anymore. There was a glitch one time where unavailable stuff became searchable again, and I added a bunch of stuff (The Movies, Sega Rally Revo, etc.) in hopes that Steam would one day bring back the "Win the top 10 items on your wishlist" seasonal sale giveaway, and I could loophole my way into a bunch of those.

It's a problem.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I used Firefox for over a decade and was eminently happy with it. Tried other browsers but always went back to Firefox. Switched to Opera a few months ago as Firefox was being a pain one day and haven't gone back and have no desire to. You are allowed to switch you know? :p You won't get tracked down by other members of the browser cult and crucified or anything.
probably
No man, no! I have a hard time understanding console/corporate warriors, but I'm the same when it comes to Opera. Though to be honest, I don't defend blindly everything they do. In fact, after every new version or update I always had something to complain about, and I mean always. And now with Opera 15...

Nah, better not talk about that. I'd rather play F.E.A.R. 3 instead, and you all probably know what I think about that game.

I just saw the greenlit Games.

Anyone knows if we get keys from the bundles for

Suguri Collection (Was in a Indieroyale and Groupees IIRC)

Purchasers of Eryis Action, 99 Spirits and Vanguard Princess from bundles seems to be getting keys.

I have stuff on there that's not available on Steam anymore. There was a glitch one time where unavailable stuff became searchable again, and I added a bunch of stuff (The Movies, Sega Rally Revo, etc.) in hopes that Steam would one day bring back the "Win the top 10 items on your wishlist" seasonal sale giveaway, and I could loophole my way into a bunch of those.

It's a problem.

It's only a problem if they do bring them back and send you a million emails telling you :p.

No man, no! I have a hard time understanding console/corporate warriors, but I'm the same when it comes to Opera. Though to be honest, I don't defend blindly everything they do. In fact, after every new version or update I always had something to complain about, and I mean always. And now with Opera 15...

Nah, better not talk about that. I'd rather play F.E.A.R. 3 instead, and you all probably know what I think about that game.

F.E.A.R. am best game EVA!!!*

*the game you most love to hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom