• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just came home only to find out someone had installed Chrome earlier today. Oh well, I may try the updated version of Enhanced Steam now, what do I have to lose?

I'm not gonna betray Opera, but... whatever, I'm curious. That's not a crime, is it?

Totally not a crime. I assume when you say Opera you mean Opera 11? If you're using Opera Next it's inter-operable with the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam.

I think jshackles said the firefox version is up to date now? I use Waterfox, super fast and hardware accelerated 64bit version of firefox. No browser comes close.

Firefox doesn't have 100% of the features that the Chrome version does, yet. Most of this has to do with Firefox's inability to let me use a custom preferences page with their new Addon SDK. The Chrome version has over 100 toggles in the options menu now so that would be a huge list the way Firefox lays them out.

I AM, however, working on a new version of the code that will allow me to copy/paste the majority of the code from the Chrome version straight into the Firefox version which will help keep Firefox up to date with all of the new features going forward.

I'm still annoyed Enhanced Steam doesnt support Netscape.

Netscape? Nah. I've had a lot of requests for a Safari version though.

Knurek

I just came home only to find out someone had installed Chrome earlier today. Oh well, I may try the updated version of Enhanced Steam now, what do I have to lose?

I'm not gonna betray Opera, but... whatever, I'm curious. That's not a crime, is it?

Don't worry, Chrome is shitty compared to Opera12. Nothing to worry about.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Totally not a crime. I assume when you say Opera you mean Opera 11? If you're using Opera Next it's inter-operable with the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam.
Opera 12, but yes. I'm never going anywhere near Opera Backwards Next.

On one hand I have my favorite browser. On the other, the best version of Enhanced Steam, but on a browser I don't want to use (Chrome). It'd be like the eternal battle between Steam and Origin, if Origin had a game I want to play which isn't available on the former. Like Mirror's Edge 2.

So ES is ME2, Chrome is Origin, and Opera 12 is Steam. Opera 15 is Uplay: nobody asked for it, everyone is hoping it dies soon, and it's a parasite that feeds itself from the former glory of the previous version of the browser (or in Uplay's case, from games bought on Steam which require it).

InPlosion

I don't really know if this thread is the right one for this odd request...
Does anybody here have Crysis3 by any chance?
How does the multiplayer population look like? Anything better than crysis2 after the humble bundle boost?
I'm enjoying the second game greatly in multiplayer, sadly only a very tiny selection of servers is actively played...

MRORANGE

I don't really know if this thread is the right one for this odd request...
Does anybody here have Crysis3 by any chance?
How does the multiplayer population look like? Anything better than crysis2 after the humble bundle boost?
I'm enjoying the second game greatly in multiplayer, sadly only a very tiny selection of servers is actively played...

I would assume it's fairing slightly better than 2 at the moment, considering it came out this year, don't expect anything major however.

Too bad Origin don't have player stats like Steam.

Dec

I used Firefox for over a decade and was eminently happy with it. Tried other browsers but always went back to Firefox. Switched to Opera a few months ago as Firefox was being a pain one day and haven't gone back and have no desire to. You are allowed to switch you know? :p You won't get tracked down by other members of the browser cult and crucified or anything.
probably

I have used all for a good amount of time but Waterfox is my favorite. Second favorite is probably Opera but I'm not a fan of Opera Next.

My main thing is speed and customizing. There is almost no customization in Chrome, and Opera Next is pretty much the same, but at least there you can customize your start page.

I actually have Waterfox set up where everything is in the very top bar and I can right click the tab bar and turn off the address bar for even more screen space. After having everything so compact Chrome and Opera Next seem bulky.

The Swapper is such a beautiful game and it is confident enough to let you work out how to play. I hope Facepalm don't take so long to make a new game. Looks like they spent at least few years on this one. Definitely deserves to make the leap to console also.

If you have Waking Mars and The Swapper in your backlog I suggest you play Waking Mars first, because after playing the Swapper I'd feel quite disappointed in WM.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot's server is under maintenance right now, (congratulations you broke it! please be ent) so if you send it a PM you will not get a reply. As soon as it is back online you will get a reply. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edit: Maintenance complete.

DukeBobby

The Swapper is such a beautiful game and it is confident enough to let you work out how to play. I hope Facepalm don't take so long to make a new game. Looks like they spent at least few years on this one. Definitely deserves to make the leap to console also.

Agreed. Beautiful game, one of my favourites this year.

The soundtrack is also very underrated. Definitely one of my favourite OST's of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPR4ABt0mk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ibjp3nIQ3Q

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
An update on the ongoing Black Flag RU retroactive region-lock saga: Ubi has added two new region-locked pre-order subs (one for each edition of the game) to the registry and updated the RU/CIS store pages accordingly. Here's the DDE, for example:

Then:
ac4ruazq1k.jpg

Now:
ac42b3odu.jpg

The previous subs haven't been updated as yet, but this wouldn't have happened if they were going to remain as-is, which is to say that it seems the region lock is going to be removed.

Li Kao

My wishlist is out of control. I just add anything that interests me, which leads me to having 114 listings, and subsequently an almost daily email announcing "An Item on your Wishlist is on Sale!" due to the volume. I should clean that up.

And yeah, I'll definitely post my thoughts on Wolf Among Us. I've completed every non-CSI Telltale game so far, but have minimal exposure to the Fables universe, so that should be interesting.

Tell me about it, I'm like you adding anything I'm even moderately interested, to keep tabs of things. And on top of that I read SteamGaf daily. Now my wish list is in the 170 and my online friends must take me for a maniac.
Hey guys, by the way, my birthday, on the 29 of November, is near. Isn't it cool ? Love you xoxo

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They are actually up to 19.00 ATM. Still no bookmark support, ffs.
I'm gonna go with the nastiest definition of ATM. And yes, the new Opera is as nasty as that thing.

5 versions of the "new" thingie and still no proper bookmarks? Man, this is like a bad nightmare. Hopefully we'll all wake up soon.

JaseC

New Sorceress avatar!

Somebody on my friends list suggested to me some weeks ago that I should use a photo from when she was 13/14 to freak people out a bit, but I forgot about it until last night and changed my mind when I happened upon this one (taken last year).

Somebody on my friends list suggested to me some weeks ago that I should use a photo from when she was 13/14 to freak people out a bit, but I forgot about it until last night and changed my mind when I happened upon this one (taken last year).
I must say she's quite pretty.

Hawkie

Just a heads up for those that pre-purchased XCOM Declassified, the game is broken on Steam at the moment. The DLC Codebreakers has been "removed" from the DLC tab although Steam recognises that you already own it. Game crashes when you try to select minor ops from the map and will not even load a save. Gives error message:

"Cannot find package for map cb_codebreakers. Check that the map exists. If you are using cooked content check that the map is in the list to be cooked"

Sounds like a recipe gone wrong. No ETA on a fix.

Lulubop

I guess this as best a place to ask as any. Aside from the Nvidia proprietary graphical enhancements, has there been any real information on the PC version of Ghost? I know IW isn't the best at handling PC ports. It's been awhile since I actually purchased a CoD game, and I've never owned one on PC though I have played some during the free weekends. I do know that BO2 had a good anticheat system, is that returning?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I guess this as best a place to ask as any. Aside from the Nvidia proprietary graphical enhancements, has there been any real information on the PC version of Ghost? I know IW isn't the best at handling PC ports. It's been awhile since I actually purchased a CoD game, and I've never owned one on PC though I have played some during the free weekends.
I think a lot of people are waiting because of those exact concerns. The specs they released were pretty crazy, too.

hlhbk

Man I am wanting to preorder AC IV for PC since it appears and has been hyped to be the definitive version even over the PS4 version. I am however worried about how terribly ported AC3 was and am not sure if I should pull the trigger? What say ye GAF?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think a lot of people are waiting because of those exact concerns. The specs they released were pretty crazy, too.

The preload already proved the HD space requirement was a bit generous.

Man I am wanting to preorder AC IV for PC since it appears and has been hyped to be the definitive version even over the PS4 version. I am however worried about how terribly ported AC3 was and am not sure if I should pull the trigger? What say ye GAF?

PC is always the definitive version. Like there have been 2, maybe 3 cases where it wasn't in recent years.

Haha yea I suck at FTL. I get overwhelmed way too easily.

It took me a while to "get it", but the idea seems to be to not rush through. Take as much time in each sector as available to build resources. Of course you can still get a bad roll and get swamped by an mantis boarding party at any time.

neoism

lol shes did look evil in that one movie with Keira think she was younger though.... well she was evil in the movie lol forgot the name... I also watched The Lovely Bones a few nights ago...since seeing it in theaters, man I can't believe how corny and bad that movie was....Peter was on crack while directing lol

JaseC

$40 for the upcoming Adventure Time game seems a bit rich, but it has a piece of pre-order-exclusive DLC, so I find myself at a crossroads.

I must say she's quite pretty.

Especially when she's eating bears.

I'm expecting it to run like crap given the 12-month development period and all the new tech that's been shoved into the engine. I'd love to be wrong, though.

lol shes did look evil in that one movie with Keira think she was younger though.... well she was evil in the movie lol forgot the name... I also watched The Lovely Bones a few nights ago...since seeing it in theaters, man I can't believe how corny and bad that movie was....Peter was on crack while directing lol

That would be Atonement! I don't think highly of TLB overall (positive notes: Saoirse's performance is flawless, it's well-shot and Brian Eno's score is great), but I developed a soft spot for it after watching Filming The Lovely Bones (a ~3-hour documentary that chronicles the film's production, which comes with the SE BD) as despite the justifiable critical and commercial panning it received, it was a labour of love.

hlhbk

$40 for the upcoming Adventure Time game seems a bit rich, but it has a piece of pre-order-exclusive DLC, so I find myself at a crossroads.

Especially when she's eating bears.

I'm expecting it to run like crap given the 12-month development period and all the new tech that's been shoved into the engine. I'd love to be wrong, though.

That would be Atonement! I don't think highly of TLB overall (positive notes: Saoirse's performance is flawless, it's well-shot and Brian Eno's score is great), but I developed a soft spot for it after watching Filming The Lovely Bones (a ~3-hour documentary that chronicles the film's production, which comes with the BD) as despite the justifiable critical and commercial panning it received, it was a labour of love.

Well if the devs aren't lying and actually developed AC4 on PC first and then ported to consoles AC4 should be amazing on PC since its runs and looks pretty great on PS3.

JaseC

Well if the devs aren't lying and actually developed AC4 on PC first and then ported to consoles AC4 should be amazing on PC since its runs and looks pretty great on PS3.

Ubisoft and lying about the PC version of AssCreed go hand-in-hand. ;)

I remember when I thought JaseC was a popular actress posting on a gaming forum.

Now I'm just "why the fuck would I ever think Ronan posts on the internet?".

Lain

Since Lilly Looking Through has a demo, tried that to get an idea about it.

On one hand, it seems a charming adventure game. On the other, the clicking nature of it lowered my interest for the game. I don't like how you can only move around when you find something you can click on.
The demo only has 3 screens to play, with the first one being pretty easy to solve, while the other 2 needed a little bit more thought, though not by much.
The nature of using the goggles to change the scene and solve the puzzles is interesting.

In the end, thanks to the demo I know I'll pick the game, just not now.

hlhbk

Lol 15 fps on 360 and ps3 is somehow definitive? My visual experience with AC3 shit all over any other platforms offering. PC was definitive.

Oh really? Cause every time I ever played AC3 the framerate was all over the place and ran like shit on the specs below. I now have a GTX 670, but with the specs below there is no reason the game should have ran like that.

Intel Core I-7 2600K
Nvidia GTX 570 OC
8 GB RAM
Sold State drive
Win 7

I sure hope you don't think GTA IV on pc was otimized well at all, cause its right up there with AC3. Just because a game has a higher frame rate doesn't mean it doesn't run like shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom