• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh really? Cause every time I ever played AC3 the framerate was all over the place and ran like shit on the specs below. I now have a GTX 670, but with the specs below there is no reason the game should have ran like that.

Intel Core I-7 2600K
Nvidia GTX 570 OC
8 GB RAM
Sold State drive
Win 7

I sure hope you don't think GTA IV on pc was otimized well at all, cause its right up there with AC3. Just because a game has a higher frame rate doesn't mean it doesn't run like shit.
It doesn't matter how optimized it was, it was better than any other version of the game. It was the definitive release.It's also the only version of the game that will improve with time.

def sim

Oh really? Cause every time I ever played AC3 the framerate was all over the place and ran like shit on the specs below. I now have a GTX 670, but with the specs below there is no reason the game should have ran like that.

Intel Core I-7 2600K
Nvidia GTX 570 OC
8 GB RAM
Sold State drive
Win 7.

I had to lock the framerate at 30 with afterburner when using max settings, but AC3 is definitely best on PC for me. Left uncapped, the framerate fluctuates between 35-60 with much more microstuttering.

3570k @ 4.6
7970 GHz 1165/1200

The lowest settings look better than the console versions; your PC should have been a-ok.

It doesn't matter how optimized it was, it was better than any other version of the game. It was the definitive release.It's also the only version of the game that will improve with time.

You are not going to get this kind of image quality on the PS4 or the bone and will run better than any console version at the same time. The PS4 version of Black Flag doesn't even seem to have a good AA solution.

newhotnesslnpo8.jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
Last Light sure has bad boss battles. At least the gunplay is vastly improved over 2033 and so is the stealth.

Also, random sex scene.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Last Light sure has bad boss battles. At least the gunplay is vastly improved over 2033 and so is the stealth.

Also, random sex scene.
I'm actually working my way through the game currently. When does the first boss fight pop-up? I just finished the level Revolution. I have shot like 10 mutants and punched a bunch of dudes non-lethally in the face in 5 hours of playing the game lol.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm actually working my way through the game currently. When does the first boss fight pop-up? I just finished the level Revolution. I have shot like 10 mutants and punched a bunch of dudes non-lethally in the face in 5 hours of playing the game lol.
The first hours into the game there are no bosses and then there's suddenly two right after each other. They're both bad for different reasons.

They did nail the atmosphere even more so than 2033 did.

hlhbk

New York was a slideshow on the PS3 version. Which made no sense considering it was smaller than Boston, not that that ran great either. I have a hard time believing it's worse on PC.

At least the consoles didn't have microstuttering. I will say though I was very plesantly suprised how great AC4's IQ was on PS3, and it runs much better than AC3.

so me and my buddy got to the first boss in batman origins...he died once, the second time the screen went blank and the boss was invisible lolololol? is this a known bug? we tried it a third time and i slayed him before the bug really hit, but croc was blinking invisible before i did finish him off...wtf?

still gotta shout out to dxhc99 again for giving me batman arkham origins for free...simply the best giveaway i can imagine so close to its release! thanks man. so generous.

So I deleted a bunch of games that I'm never going to play again and my Steam folder is still over a terabyte. :\

Also, AC3 runs fine on PC now. It just took nvidia 6 months to release a driver that fixed it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I deleted a bunch of games that I'm never going to play again and my Steam folder is still over a terabyte. :\

I gotta be honest. I play a lot of games (I normally finish an average of 1 a week or so throughout the whole year). My whole steamapps folder is 120GB and an enormous amount of that is aspirational stuff I'm never going to get back to :p

so me and my buddy got to the first boss in batman origins...he died once, the second time the screen went blank and the boss was invisible lolololol? is this a known bug? we tried it a third time and i slayed him before the bug really hit, but croc was blinking invisible before i did finish him off...wtf?

still gotta shout out to dxhc99 again for giving me batman arkham origins for free...simply the best giveaway i can imagine so close to its release! thanks man. so generous.

Yeah, they're aware of that and a bunch of other problems. It looks like they've got some of it fixed but not Croc specifically yet: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Updates-on-support/m-p/8047

Accoun

I guess this as best a place to ask as any. Aside from the Nvidia proprietary graphical enhancements, has there been any real information on the PC version of Ghost? I know IW isn't the best at handling PC ports. It's been awhile since I actually purchased a CoD game, and I've never owned one on PC though I have played some during the free weekends. I do know that BO2 had a good anticheat system, is that returning?

The only thing I heard about Call Of Duty: Dogs PC is that it's supposed to have better textures than Xbone and PS4.
And you can run it in FullHD of course. :)

hlhbk

Also, AC3 runs fine on PC now. It just took nvidia 6 months to release a driver that fixed it.

Define "fine". I haven't touched it in 9 months, and as of January the FPS would heavily fluxiate between 60 and 33 and microstutter all the time.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok, last week it was tim schafer, this week we got raph koster here in argieland

feels good man, what an amazing and inspiring guy

keep 'em comin'

Yeah, they're aware of that and a bunch of other problems. It looks like they've got some of it fixed but not Croc specifically yet: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Updates-on-support/m-p/8047

thanks. damn that's so bad! how do you release a game before even the first friggin boss works properly o_O. simply screams rushed release. oh well, we did get past it, probably only bc the game was on easy so i could whip through the boss really quick. i had a bunch of 'wtf pc gaming' moments today honestly; couldn't get costume quest open for a minute, WRC crashed on me, one of the worms games crashed on me. some annoying shit. but oh well it's worth it in the end :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Define "fine". I haven't touched it in 9 months, and as of January the FPS would heavily fluxiate between 60 and 33 and microstutter all the time.

I played through the DLC a couple of months ago. Performance in cities is definitely better but the Frontier in the winter is still awful -- snow deformation is achieved via tessellation and it seems no attention has been paid to optimising this.

I had the same experience, then I saw the patch notes in new nvidia drivers, ran the game and ran around a problematic area for me and it was smooth sailing.

Didn't check it out extensively though.

In Feb nvidia released 314.07 which improved performance ~30%, so that's probably the one I'm thinking of.

I gotta be honest. I play a lot of games (I normally finish an average of 1 a week or so throughout the whole year). My whole steamapps folder is 120GB and an enormous amount of that is aspirational stuff I'm never going to get back to :p

I think even my Linux steamapps folder is over 100 GB.

Vecks

Really liking Defender's Quest. The UI is kind of bleh, but aside from that the game is pretty fun. There's a good deal of freedom in positioning/deploying/buying/upgrading units. And being able to speed up and slow down a battle to your liking is a wonderful idea. Not to mention, the soundtrack is rather nice.

So Valdis Story has skill trees, but also weapon upgrade trees.

I'm taking my sword down the critical/assassin path, apparently.

In addition, the game seems to be pretty open where I am right now, I do have a goal but I'm kind of running around through random other areas finding new mobility upgrades and keys as I please.

Armors are kind of neat too. First of all, they all seem to be behind platform/dash challenges. And they're not simply incremental upgrades, each armor set has unique stats and/or abilities. So new armor is not "better" armor, just different. You can upgrade each armor with materials that enemies drop for incremental upgrades too.

For being so inspired by Igarashi Castlevanias, Endless Fluff has gone to great lengths to take almost every little aspect of the standard formula and put interesting, unique spins to them.

Boss battles remain a highlight. although I could use some new combat or combo abilities to freshen up a bit.

And with the armor I just found, I now have triple skill cancelling/dashing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh god the voice acting in the first sherlock holmes game (at least from the games that were in the collection) is horrible. It sounds and looks like it's a 90s game even though apparently it was 2003.

Turfster

Remember me...
Such a beautiful game with amazing music and a great story with a worthwhile message... but the combat... dear lord, the combat... it drags the game down considerably. By the end, I was just sighing when I walked into a section of the map that gave off an arena vibe.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uhh... have people tried running Rose and Ragnarok to see if they run and which servers they use?

I'm kinda curious. <_<

Yes, Uplay still exists, and their shitty password stuff basically locked me out of my Ubisoft games. =p

Hey, I'm running PSN ANYWAY on the PS3/Vita, so... Also, I pull the network cord before playing Ubi/EA games, so I don't need to 'run' PSN after I've downloaded the game.
While PS+ games aren't "free" as such, you can't dispute that for the price of one game, you basically get at least 50, which is a good deal, no matter how you look at it.

I guess it's more to do with how you see it. Personally I think the advantages of PS+ are lost when you play in PC.

I wouldn't like that I don't get to choose the games I get, and I only keep them as long as I pay for the service.

Give me $5 a month on Steam, and I could buy plenty of discounted games, plus stop whenever I want, plus play online for free. Seems like a strange deal to be touted so highly.

In a nutshell, this. The fact that they're also slowly making it insidious but people are "fine" with it is telling.

A lot of PS3 exclusives that are covered by PS+ though, for $49.99 or even less, it's a pretty good subscription model.

Heck it even has
Sleeping Dogs!

Yeah but then it always changes, and somehow it feels like it's just a front for something sinister.

PS+ "works" in PS3 due to being an additional stuff. With it being mandatory for online in PS4, we'll see who're the fanatics and who're sensible.

Reckoner

It is my first time. I had two keys for Alan Wake sitting here that I'm not sure if were ever redeemed. The person to who it was supposed to be wasn't very interested on the games.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-63DB1DC09B427015 - Taken by FOX_
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-5885575419CB4326 - Taken by AsylumX

hlhbk

I had the same experience, then I saw the patch notes in new nvidia drivers, ran the game and ran around a problematic area for me and it was smooth sailing.

Didn't check it out extensively though.

In Feb nvidia released 314.07 which improved performance ~30%, so that's probably the one I'm thinking of.

I think even my Linux steamapps folder is over 100 GB.

Well damn now I may have to redownload it just to check. As soon as I got into Boston it had those issues.

FOX_

Neo Member
It is my first time. I had two keys for Alan Wake sitting here that I'm not sure if were ever redeemed. The person to who it was supposed to be wasn't very interested on the games.

Finished the original Alan Wake a few months ago, and have been dying to try out the DLC. Thank you so much!!

zkylon

zkylewd
Why am i just now getting this info of interesting speaks within driving distance?

'cuz you don't roll with the cool kids yo

any argie that wants to be let known about shit like this just add me on steam if you haven't and lemme know :p

(tomorrow there's a chris taylor keynote but personally I'm not too excited about him)

Jawmuncher

I want King of Fighters XIII and 50% off is nice....but considering I can't really play it i'll hold out for the fall/winter sale. 66%-75% off and it will be mine.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
The majority of achievements for Valdis have 2% or less earned.
Around 2500 people preordered the game via Kickstarter, so they would have been sent keys on day one...but given that "day one" was less than 72 hours ago*, they may not have gotten around to actually playing much yet. (I fall into that category myself.)

* the Steam version, anyway; Desura's had it since September 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom