• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

I finished I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream over the weekend.
I think the game has nice art, great ambient music, and I give it points for attempting to examine morality.

Unfortunately the puzzles are largely nonsensical, it is riddled with bugs (many of which can necessitate loading a past save to continue), and the voiceovers are annoying.

I'm glad I finally got to play it, but it is a poor example of a p&c adventure. I really do not like it.

Milamber

welp.jpg
just hope it ain't anything gamebreaking
Hmm, I can't remember if that bug where saving in the middle of a main story quest, dying and loading and only to find out that you are unable to trigger next scene bug is still there. It was on the 360. The only fix was to start a new game. I didn't play the PS3 rerelease so I'm not sure if it continued.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
All of them are impossibly hard, at least for me. I don't know how there are people out there who are able to beat them, much less 1cc them. They are fun, but they sure like watching me suffer!
In this case, by "rough" I meant unpolished, ugly and old (resulting in incompatibilities with some modern OSes).
...But thinking about it, it works your way too since the first game is more difficult than the others.

Wasn't SHODN already 66% on some sale? Because I have it, and I rarely buy games for lower than 66% unless it's a release.
You're right, it hit 66% during the Summer Sale. So it seems even more likely that 75% will happen during the EOY sales. I'm pretty confident that SPP will go lower than 50% too, now...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's kind of amazing how Indie Royale, which had somewhat auspicious beginnings and a nice, professional presentation, has somehow slipped behind slipshod amateur hour nonsense like Indie Gala, Groupees, and Bundlestars. I mean, not that a hideous UI prevents me from buying stuff anyway, just saying :p

Just set the game and launcher to Windows 98 Compatibility mode and it should actually take care of most crashes.

all right thanks, will do
wouldn't be suprising if the port was done on windows 98 pcs

edit : holy shit the description of dplauncher : "todo : <file description>"
how bout "todo : <make a good port>"

Hmm, I can't remember if that bug where saving in the middle of a main story quest, dying and loading and only to find out that you are unable to trigger next scene bug is still there. It was on the 360. The only fix was to start a new game. I didn't play the PS3 rerelease so I'm not sure if it continued.

that's a shame
i also watched a vid of someone getting fucked up car handling, like the complete opposite of gtaiv : simply touching the wheel does 180°

kurahador

I loved Waking Mars so I'd definitely recommend it for the $2.50 they are asking. I went in knowing nothing about the game at all, and within the first hour I fell in love with it. I loved the style, the gameplay, and the atmosphere most of all. I enjoyed it so much that I 100%'d it and went for both endings. If you are wondering, it is a little bit puzzle, a little bit platformer, a splash of adventure, and a pinch of resource management.

Plus, jetpacks are awesome

UuJqPOjl.jpg

Great sense of scale.
gZJACM1l.jpg

I really enjoyed the voiced characters. The game is much more polished than I expected it to be.
s0PZuG3l.jpg

Playing this was really a frustrating experience for me when I got locked out from the best ending just because I fucked up in one area.

Still love the game though. Will replay it someday.

Lain

Hopefully someone will have fun.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-DF926537304173EA - Taken by okayfrog. 4 entrants total.
Rune Classic -- MB-D0D13E85F8ED6ECD - Taken by intheinbetween. 7 entrants total.
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-9CB9205C99CBBF68 - Taken by fantomena. 1 entrants total.
Majesty 2 Collection -- MB-5B9B71FBF9505FC6 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.

t1383598509z1.png

Grief.exe

Having to set up the studio internally instead of outsourcing the work would explain the extra time involved in the port.

That would also assure me that they are going to port MGSV over as well. If Konami has allocated the resources for an internal team dedicated to PC ports, you can extrapolate that they are looking to do so in the future.

Castlevania:LoS port was outsourced.

I guess what's taking time is porting the Legacy Collection to add it as a preorder bonus.

nah, good things never happen :/

If they are going to do a next-gen version, then I don't see why this wouldn't happen.

I'm waiting till there is a 360 controller mod to play it
:(

Its called Xpadder and it works now.

DocSeuss

It's kind of amazing how Indie Royale, which had somewhat auspicious beginnings and a nice, professional presentation, has somehow slipped behind slipshod amateur hour nonsense like Indie Gala, Groupees, and Bundlestars. I mean, not that a hideous UI prevents me from buying stuff anyway, just saying :p

They've been trying to support games that aren't on Steam (mostly because they're kind of crappy), and forgetting that we don't really care all that much about buying games that aren't.

Sanic

I just had 14 GB vanish from my Steam HDD.

Was installing MW3 off of the DVD and when it finished, steam locked up. After a restart, MW3 is showing up as not being installed and there's only a small amount of data for it in it's folder (couple hundred MB). Yet, Windows is showing the full game as being installed.

Is there something I can do to start getting that space back on my hard drive?

Milamber

I just had 14 GB vanish from my Steam HDD.

Was installing MW3 off of the DVD and when it finished, steam locked up. After a restart, MW3 is showing up as not being installed and there's only a small amount of data for it in it's folder (couple hundred MB). Yet, Windows is showing the full game as being installed.

Is there something I can do to start getting that space back on my hard drive?
Right click, delete local files and install off disc again.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
guys i'm enjoying deadly premonition's combats
is something wrong with me

1) You haven't dealt with the enemies that crawl on the ceiling yet
2) IIRC the PC version is equivalent to the 360's easy mode, so you don't need to put up with spongey combat that requires tons and tons of boring repetition

One of the best bundles in quite a while. Happy to give Shelter a try, even if it is supposed to be quite short and limited.

The spare:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-342E7479CCDE33BB - Taken by Fl1pp13

Sanic

Right click, delete local files and install off disc again.

I don't have that option. Like I said, Steam is showing the game as uninstalled.

Windows is saying i've lost 14GB (ie the game was installed) but I cannot find any files relating to the game anywhere on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom