• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Well, that was roundabout. To redeem my King Arthur's Gold Steam key, here were my steps.

1. Go to GamesRage bundle page.
2. Request a multiplayer key for King Arthur's Gold
3. Go to kag2d.com
4. Register
5. Activate account using email activation link

Do I need that account later to play the game?

Do I need that account later to play the game?

No, it seems to authenticate through steam and you just get an option for your display name.

I had to grab my game key from the indiegamestand and add it onto the kag website. From there it seemed to work the same as above.

Dec

Out of curiosity, what is The Secret World's business model right now? You buy in at $30 (or 50% off, $15). There's a cosmetics store and an item store. I don't see any DLC listed on Steam but I know there was Hallowe'en DLC a week ago or so. Wikipedia tells me that monthly content updates are sold for money.

How much would it actually cost through The Secret World?

I believe they sell monthly content updates up to like 7-9 or something. 1-4 are free.

They had that Halloween bundle up on Steam throughout the sale that included a costume and all of the updates that weren't free for $30. So I guess that was a good time to get into it.

Now it seems to be gone and the base game with the 1-4 free updates is $30, not sure how much the missing ones cost as their store requires an account.

The_Monk

For the very first time I'm playing Sleeping Dogs NOT in a small Windowed mode with everything on LOW, on the lowest possible settings with a weak framerate. And for the very first time I can't describe the opposite of playing like that. I just can't my good fellow GAFfers.

I got this from the Steam Store:

3pq5AqZ.png

Then I tried and on Fullscreen, in a 1080p Monitor and while not on everything maxed of course the difference is just... just...hmm... Hnnnnnng. Ugh:

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

I'm really trying to find some decent words to describe these emotional feelings but lately I can't express what I feel in words, I'm speechless actually. I'm even ashamed that my vocabulary is too weak to find a proper sentence to describe what I'm seeing right now.

iP836RpuSgFa7.gif

:')

For the very first time I'm playing Sleeping Dogs NOT in a small Windowed mode with everything on LOW, on the lowest possible settings with a weak framerate. And for the very first time I can't describe the opposite of playing like that. I just can't my good fellow GAFfers.

Got the new PC?

fantomena

Anyone want a 40% Company of Heroes 2 coupon? Wll probably stack for future CoH 2 deals.

I already own the game, so no need for it.

DukeBobby

Have you seen the rain yet?

Sleeping Dogs was one of the first games I bought for my PC, and the rain blew my mind.

Grief.exe

3pq5AqZ.png

Then I tried and on Fullscreen, in a 1080p Monitor and while not on everything maxed of course the difference is just... just...hmm... Hnnnnnng. Ugh:

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

I'm really trying to find some decent words to describe these emotional feelings but lately I can't express what I feel in words, I'm speechless actually. I'm even ashamed that my vocabulary is too weak to find a proper sentence to describe what I'm seeing right now.

iP836RpuSgFa7.gif

Perfect use of the gifs! Have fun!

Glad to have been apart of the new computer process.

Happy for you The_Monk, I'm aswell finally embracing pc gaming better than ever as i will get a new rig for me from a friend who is waiting new pc parts arrive from germany. Pretty fun to think about it actually that he builds a 1500 € machine in every three years but only buys a few games every year - and for the last month all he has been playing is Reus - an indie game. But yeah he is a computer enthusiast, its a hobby for him to build new rigs rather than doing it for games.

Really looking forward to get his old rig which isnt a slouch, includes a nice ssd drive too. I can finally enjoy my full steam library which will pass 400 game mark when the next bundle is live. Will be family sharing my library to this pc selling friend as he only has like 30 steam games.

Depending on financial things I might build my first high end rig in a few years. Opted a budget choice this time .

Uplay servers are fucking worthless, they have been giving me problems for over a week. I can't even play the Rayman daily challenges right now.

Btw, Hotline Miami is amazing. I actually beated the game twice over the weekend (on PC and PS3).

louiedog

Apparently shortly after the Steam Halloween sale ended, the developers of Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller announced that the loyalty discount will be ending on the 19th.

The game was previously bundled and sold as individual episodes outside of Steam. People who had them when the game was greenlit and put on Steam were given 25% off per episode to make up for the inability to buy them individually and prevent them from having to rebuy content they already owned. That will be going away. Outside of sales or a price drop, you'll need to pay $30 even if you already have episodes 1-3. You'll also be able to buy episodes from other stores and still get Steam keys for them.

3pq5AqZ.png

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

iP836RpuSgFa7.gif

That's how i felt when I played it the first time weeks ago, after I upgraded my GPU months ago, with the HD texture pack. Enjoy the ride!

I mentioned this in the Steam Machines thread, but does anyone know what adds these folders and why? (Bad screen in the first one, but I mean the OpenVR Folder. And yes I know it's for the Rift) I don't know when that directory got added, but I noticed it when I was going through my Steam folder. It's kinda weird. Anyone else got this?

The_Monk

Got the new PC?

Yes fellow GAFfer but I "recycled" everything I could to get the best price, things like the case, mouse a cheap keyboard and 2.1 sound system (from 2005) were things I already had so I could save some money on that.

I'm now very curious for some other games than can "look pretty", can't wait to get some of them (very) later on.

Have you seen the rain yet?

It started to rain JUST now. I had to stop the car, put the most relaxing tune in the radio and I was simply enjoying this... no way, it's so pretty ;_;

Perfect use of the gifs! Have fun!

Glad to have been apart of the new computer process.

Thanks for the gifs and for everything else kind grief (and everyone else)

Depending on financial things I might build my first high end rig in a few years. Opted a budget choice this time .

I also had to opt with a humble/budget PC and it was great to see a local store of mine being very helpful and kind with the prices too. That's why I support small companies when I can, he gave me a lot of help and managed to get some prices even cheaper than in big retailers.

That's how i felt when I played it the first time weeks ago, after I upgraded my GPU months ago, with the HD texture pack. Enjoy the ride!

Thanks. :')

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I mentioned this in the Steam Machines thread, but does anyone know what adds these folders and why? (Bad screen in the first one, but I mean the OpenVR Folder. And yes I know it's for the Rift) I don't know when that directory got added, but I noticed it when I was going through my Steam folder. It's kinda weird. Anyone else got this?

Oculus Rift Support for source-based games. Check your "tools" list. Last TF2 update requires it.

Grief.exe

So finally Valve admitted that offline mode is broken. Once they fix it, I will be a very happy gamer.

If by 'finally' you mean months ago, then yes, you are correct.

Offline Mode isn't actually broken, the issue people run into is not shutting down Steam correctly causes a couple of files to become corrupted. If you backup some files, then Offline Mode has worked just fine for indefinite periods.

And, as Stump said, they already corrected this issue.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm
get a 2312hm
input_lag_1.jpg

No lag issues. Blacks aren't great, but that's par for the course.

Input lag down, response time still 8ms.

OLED have input lag issues or large response times? I want to grab a 1440p version.

ngt

It's not Steam, but I couldn't find a Uplay thread and someone might actually use this.

There is an error on Uplay page which allows to pre-order Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs really cheap.

There are two links from GeForce promo ( http://www.geforce.com/landing-page/holiday-bundle-shield/redemption-instructions ):

http://shop.ubi.com/NVIDIAAC4BF - Assassin's Creed IV
http://shop.ubi.com/NVIDIAWD - Watch Dogs

When you click them, they will be placed in your cart automatically. The trick is, both games cost 49.99 in your regional currency. So if you live in US, it's 49.99$, if you live in Poland it's 49.99 PLN (~16.20$), in Norway it's 44.99 NOK (~7.56$). The best deal I was able to find was in Russia (duh!): 49.99 RUB (~1.54$).

I know it's pre-order and I know it will most likely be canceled, but still, might be worth a shot.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Did you use VPN to trick the Uplay store that you are in Russia? Or is there a simpler trick?

You can't.

Well, at least I couldn't last time that Final Fantasy VII was 3 dollars in the US store. Payments not from the country of the store were always denied for me.

Also, the bug doesn't work on the Brazilian Store. It shows me the correct price.

derExperte

No lag issues. Blacks aren't great, but that's par for the course.

Blacks are the biggest issue with IPS, there's always a strange shimmering going on but most people don't notice that. I still prefer PVA but it's hard to get one of those for a reasonable price these days. Also they have more problems with reaction time (true that TN's are great in this regard but the differences aren't noticeable to me).

If by 'finally' you mean months ago, then yes, you are correct.

Offline Mode isn't actually broken, the issue people run into is not shutting down Steam correctly causes a couple of files to become corrupted. If you backup some files, then Offline Mode has worked just fine for indefinite periods.

Well, I didn't recall any topic or news in last few months regarding this. So this was a big news to me as in the past I had many issues with this "Offline" requiring online connection. I worked in few QA departments and similar issues were a serious A class bugs to me, so Valve should be more proactive in fixing this kind of blockers :p But instead they decided to take typical dev approach and PA/waive bug ;)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes fellow GAFfer but I "recycled" everything I could to get the best price, things like the case, mouse a cheap keyboard and 2.1 sound system (from 2005) were things I already had so I could save some money on that.

I'm now very curious for some other games than can "look pretty", can't wait to get some of them (very) later on.

It started to rain JUST now. I had to stop the car, put the most relaxing tune in the radio and I was simply enjoying this... no way, it's so pretty ;_;

Thanks for the gifs and for everything else kind grief (and everyone else)

I also had to opt with a humble/budget PC and it was great to see a local store of mine being very helpful and kind with the prices too. That's why I support small companies when I can, he gave me a lot of help and managed to get some prices even cheaper than in big retailers.

Thanks. :')
Congrats Monk, you totally deserve it. Hope you can have some great fun with those games now.

Super Mario Bros got fixed? Nice.
I thought the exact same joke, lol

It's not Steam, but I couldn't find a Uplay thread and someone might actually use this.

There is an error on Uplay page which allows to pre-order Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs really cheap.

There are two links from GeForce promo ( http://www.geforce.com/landing-page/holiday-bundle-shield/redemption-instructions ):

http://shop.ubi.com/NVIDIAAC4BF - Assassin's Creed IV
http://shop.ubi.com/NVIDIAWD - Watch Dogs

When you click them, they will be placed in your cart automatically. The trick is, both games cost 49.99 in your regional currency. So if you live in US, it's 49.99$, if you live in Poland it's 49.99 PLN (~16.20$), in Norway it's 44.99 NOK (~7.56$). The best deal I was able to find was in Russia (duh!): 49.99 RUB (~1.54$).

I know it's pre-order and I know it will most likely be canceled, but still, might be worth a shot.

Well, this looks like a partial payment for preorder to me. But it would be interesting to see, if this deal will be treated as normal legitimate purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom