• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Sorry to be a pain but does anyone know off the top of their head's a few games on Steam with decent built in beachmark options?

I've got my numbers head on so a bit dippier than normal but after going through what I've got installed I can vaguely recall these:-

Batman AA & AC
Devil May Cry 4
Mafia II
Resident Evil 5
Sleeping Dogs
SF4 AE

Any others you fine folks recommend?

Milamber

Sorry to be a pain but does anyone know off the top of their head's a few games on Steam with decent built in beachmark options?

I've got my numbers head on so a bit dippier than normal but after going through what I've got installed I can vaguely recall these:-

Batman AA & AC
Devil May Cry 4
Mafia II
Resident Evil 5
Sleeping Dogs
SF4 AE

Any others you fine folks recommend?
Tomb Raider 2013 and Bioshock Infinite come to mind.

fantomena

Of course, when I go away from my PC, someone makes a giveaway with one ore more of the games I need from Bundle Stars bundle. Dammit!

Dambrosi

Banned
I don't have that option. Like I said, Steam is showing the game as uninstalled.

Windows is saying i've lost 14GB (ie the game was installed) but I cannot find any files relating to the game anywhere on my PC.
Restart Steam, and if MW3 still shows as not installed, restart your PC and check again.

Sanic

Restart Steam, and if MW3 still shows as not installed, restart your PC and check again.

Tried both. Steam still showing MW3 as uninstalled and after some pretty exhaustive searching, the game also appears to not exist anywhere on my hard drive.

I...think I've just permanently lost some HD space.

Milamber

Tried both. Steam still showing MW3 as uninstalled and after some pretty exhaustive searching, the game also appears to not exist anywhere on my hard drive.

I...think I've just permanently lost some HD space.
Do an exhaustive windows search on files created within the hour of installation.

Dawg

Just gonna repost this for people that missed it:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

GRID 2 -- MB-2773646F18FB951E

t1383666819z1.png

Going to bed in a few so it'll probably run out when I'm not home.

Sanic

Do an exhaustive windows search on files created within the hour of installation.

I did, using datemodified:

Nothing there.

edit: So I figured it out! Somehow, for some reason, everything was dumped into the recyle bin. This did not show up in a search, at all. I simply checked it and BOOM.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know a lot of Enhanced Steam users keep emailing me about the DRM warning.

Yeah I just tweeted that to the dev myself ;) Hopefully it becomes a "thing" that they just leave that field blank.

As it is worded it is confusing as hell anyway given it implies an activation limit without DRM.

Grief.exe

Well they also have the exfgls turned on which is usually something they use to prevent family sharing due to DRM.

There are just a lot of suspicious things in the registry right n ow.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Buying tables through an in-game store? Don't know how I feel about that.

yeah, it's pretty dumb...
and no steam sales for the tables :(

but i waited years for this finally hitting the PC, so it's better than nothing

(and now the waiting for the updated graphics that will be coming with the PS4 version begins)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well they also have the exfgls turned on which is usually something they use to prevent family sharing due to DRM.

There are just a lot of suspicious things in the registry right n ow.

It appears the game requires an account with the developers for multi-player. So in a way, it does indeed have 3rd party DRM.

Milamber

I did, using datemodified:

Nothing there.

edit: So I figured it out! Somehow, for some reason, everything was dumped into the recyle bin. This did not show up in a search, at all. I simply checked it and BOOM.
Last I can offer you is reinstalling the game again. Whatever it was doing before, reinstalling may overwrite it, where ever it is, in the end.

EDIT: I'm gonna stop posting on my phone to neogaf. I'm too slow on the responses and can't read quick enough on it.

Turfster

This might contain Blocks That Matter, and some other French games (Syberia, RUSE, Fly'n, Puddle, Hell Yeah, Storm, PixelJunk, Type:Rider, Babel Rising, Wooden Sensey, etc.)
Checking their blog, there'll be more than one bundle over a period of time with some kind of season pass thing?

1) You haven't dealt with the enemies that crawl on the ceiling yet
2) IIRC the PC version is equivalent to the 360's easy mode, so you don't need to put up with spongey combat that requires tons and tons of boring repetition

goddamnit, ceiling enemies are my most hated thing in gaming next to spikes and mine fields

drizzle

Axel Hertz
yeah, it's pretty dumb...
and no steam sales for the tables :(

but i waited years for this finally hitting the PC, so it's better than nothing

(and now the waiting for the updated graphics that will be coming with the PS4 version begins)

kinda bummed out that the tables are not on Steam itself. I thought Steam didn't allow that? Still, I'll probably buy the tables I like for it, screw it. It's too good of a game for me to care.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Would it be possible to implement native support for the 360 controller? That's the only gripe keeping me from buying this game.

Durante said the devs would have to do that and told them to concentrate on that in addition to fixing the random crashes when he consulted with them.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
One positive thing I will say about Arkham City is that it plays very well in surround (5760x1080). Even with Physx maxed, I was still at a pretty smooth frame rate.

x25YM6D.jpg

PewiaA8.jpg

inA9a9X.jpg

9JOp18k.jpg

8flr6Vx.jpg

Baha

yeah, i also thought in game purchases were a no go...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/discussions/0/666824801174423715/

the first post claims that valve forced them to do in app purchases... sounds strange...

We were told that there are simply too many DLC packages/combinations/upgrades available that it would be too hectic to put it on the Steam Store.

Just how many DLC packages are we talking about here? I mean, more than Rocksmith and Train Simulator?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well, that was roundabout. To redeem my King Arthur's Gold Steam key, here were my steps.

1. Go to GamesRage bundle page.
2. Request a multiplayer key for King Arthur's Gold
3. Go to kag2d.com
4. Register
5. Activate account using email activation link
6. Click "Panel" on kag2d.com
7. Click "Redeem premium code"
8. Input multiplayer key
9. Get Steam key
10. Redeem in Steam client.

Now I'm reading that Frogwares wants Groupees customers to email them if they want Steam keys for Dracula: Love Kills :p

Well, that was roundabout. To redeem my King Arthur's Gold Steam key, here were my steps.

1. Go to GamesRage bundle page.
2. Request a multiplayer key for King Arthur's Gold
3. Go to kag2d.com
4. Register
5. Activate account using email activation link
6. Click "Panel" on kag2d.com
7. Click "Redeem premium code"
8. Input multiplayer key
9. Get Steam key
10. Redeem in Steam client.

Now I'm reading that Frogwares wants Groupees customers to email them if they want Steam keys for Dracula: Love Kills :p
thanks, didn't know steam keys were available, activated mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom