• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majesty 2 Collection | Steam Key: B0DN8-VQWYN-ZFKQ3
Forge Starter Pack | Steam Key: BPY3Q-KEDIM-P6DVW
Crusader Kings Complete | Steam Key: 28594-0A3E5-DLPGG
Knights & Merchants | Steam Key: GNHX8-LIGC7-9MPB5
Rune Classic | Steam Key: 4TQFJ-AJMGN-0NYKM

You do know about ModBot right?

Apologies if you do and don't want to use it, I am just asking just in case :).

Is that Call of Juarez Gunslinger?

No, it's the very first CoJ.

Or as is apparently the moronic norm nowadays, it is Call of Juarez 1.

Yes, I'm still tetchy.

Probably Bound in Blood, the first one. Doesn't look like Gunslinger.

I have Bound in Blood, but never ran it.

Bound in Blood is actually the second one (though it's apparently a prequel). The first was just called Call of Juarez.

Subsequently, you should avoid The Cartel.

Hawkie

Face Noir hit FAST. I guess it's been out for a few months, and only just recently got added to Steam, but still.

Also War Face + Face Noir = War Noir, which is an amazing title for a game. Just say that out loud.

Re: Face Noir
Played the demo and was not impressed at all. Fairly mediocre all round quite honestly.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Bound in Blood is actually the second one (though it's apparently a prequel). The first was just called Call of Juarez.

Subsequently, you should avoid The Cartel.

You're right. Is the first one on Steam? Oh shit, it totally is. This bundle just keeps getting better and better.

Re: Face Noir
Played the demo and was not impressed at all. Fairly mediocre all round quite honestly.

I kinda got that vibe, but I'll probably check it out from this bundle. The name is far too silly for me to pass up.

:\

Well, I might buy the Halloween Bundle for eXceed. I've barely played any shoot 'em ups / touhou games.
I have a Steam key for eXceed Gun Bullet Children if you wanna check it out. Lemme know, and I can PM it your way.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Groupees Be Mine X

• Call of Juarez
  • Last Knight
  • Electronic Super Joy
  • Shelter
  • Face Noir
  • Finding Teddy
  • Legends of Dawn

Crap, beat :p
Now I'm glad I didn't buy ESJ yet. Is CoJ the first one? Because I already have Gunslinger, though I haven't played it yet (really liked the demo).

Wok

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Well, I might buy the Halloween Bundle for eXceed. I've barely played any shoot 'em ups / touhou games.
Damn, where were you during the Groupees Doujin Bundle 2? :(

...If you take up Buttonbasher's offer, be aware that the first eXceed is rough. It'd probably be a bad idea to use the first game as your barometer when you decide whether to pick up any of the others.

Colin.

Indie Royale is like the "random crap no one else wants" bundle, now.

It's usually the most expensive minimum price too, when compared with other bundles. And most of the time, the games aren't worth paying the extra for. Really has went downhill in recent times.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's usually the most expensive minimum price too, when compared with other bundles. And most of the time, the games aren't worth paying the extra for. Really has went downhill in recent times.

Seems like it's been pretty bad ever since Lindon Labs bought Desura. Just sayin'.

What do people who already played Guacamelee think of the game?

Guacamelee is a really fun metroidvania platformer. Sometimes the platforming elements kind of get in the way (and get frustrating) but other than that I can recommend it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Damn, Super Puzzle Platformer just updated (new character/worlds, Mac version), but now I can't even get it to launch.

Hmmm, I really do want Super Puzzle Platform (and all of the other Adult Swim games), but 50% is a low discount. But they never go for more than 50% anyway.

I wonder what to do, with sales so close by...

I loved Waking Mars so I'd definitely recommend it for the $2.50 they are asking. I went in knowing nothing about the game at all, and within the first hour I fell in love with it. I loved the style, the gameplay, and the atmosphere most of all. I enjoyed it so much that I 100%'d it and went for both endings. If you are wondering, it is a little bit puzzle, a little bit platformer, a splash of adventure, and a pinch of resource management.

Plus, jetpacks are awesome

UuJqPOjl.jpg

Great sense of scale.
gZJACM1l.jpg

I really enjoyed the voiced characters. The game is much more polished than I expected it to be.
s0PZuG3l.jpg

Dambrosi

Banned
Yep. Be Mine X game list:

Electronic Super Joy,
Last Knight,
Shelter,
Call of Juarez,
Legends of Dawn,
Face Noir,
Finding Teddy
New Bundle Stars Bundle...

Mount & Blade
Majesty 2 Collection
Hoard Complete
Forge Starter Pack
Crusader Kings Complete
Shelter
Enclave
Rune Classic
Knights & Merchants
Why is Shelter in two bundles at the same time? Otherwise, two damn fine bundles here, though the BeMine one wins due to it having newer games in it (seriously, aren't ESJ and Face Noir just a couple months old at most? They must have seriously flopped).

What the hell were the Shelter devs thinking? Bundle Stars is where you go when you've already bundled your game a hundred times and no one wants you anymore.
Hey, their last bundle was very good too. Dark Sector, especially, is heavily underrated. A mix of older classics, newer bundlebait and F2P/MMO pay-shop currency seems to be their formula going forward, and I'll be happy to support that going forward - especially at less than £3 a pop.

Am I right in thinking that Steam Wallet funds via a code from a retailer [in my case, Game, UK] will work okay for a fellow GAFer in a different Steam region?

So if I purchase the code and PM it to them it will be added to their Steam Wallet balance okay in whatever the denomination is in their region?

[Please don't shout at me if it's covered in the OP. I need a cuddle :'( ]

Jawmuncher

I loved Waking Mars so I'd definitely recommend it for the $2.50 they are asking. I went in knowing nothing about the game at all, and within the first hour I fell in love with it. I loved the style, the gameplay, and the atmosphere most of all. I enjoyed it so much that I 100%'d it and went for both endings. If you are wondering, it is a little bit puzzle, a little bit platformer, a splash of adventure, and a pinch of resource management.

UuJqPOjl.jpg

Great sense of scale.
gZJACM1l.jpg

I really enjoyed the voiced characters. The game is much more polished than I expected it to be.
s0PZuG3l.jpg

Actually installed this yesterday. It's on my list to play.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Am I right in thinking that Steam Wallet funds via a code from a retailer [in my case, Game, UK] will work okay for a fellow GAFer in a different Steam region?

So if I purchase the code and PM it to them it will be added to their Steam Wallet balance okay in whatever the denomination is in their region?

[Please don't shout at me if it's covered in the OP. I need a cuddle :'( ]

Yes. And if you give them to me, it would be even better, because games are cheaper in the Brazilian store and I can keep the profits. :p

But yeah, it works without a problem. I did it to a Gaffer twice already.

UuJqPOjl.jpg

Great sense of scale.
gZJACM1l.jpg

s0PZuG3l.jpg

I like you :D.

Oh and when I looked at that last pic I immediately heard his voice in my head :D. She was great too :).

Grief.exe

Has the linux port of Last Light been quietly released or what? Cuz in the wired article they said it ran under steamos.

Apparently, they just did the transition about 4 hours ago

about 4 hours ago Changed oslist – windows,macos,linux
about 7 hours ago Changed Depots 43165/encryptedmanifests/linux/encrypted_gid: * hidden *branches/linux/buildid: 134109 › 138054

Yes. And if you give them to me, it would be even better, because games are cheaper in the Brazilian store and I can keep the profits. :p

But yeah, it works without a problem. I did it to a Gaffer twice already.

Well it's a very tempting offer, thank you drizzle, but I'm afraid I bought this code for a fellow GAFer so I would feel guilty if I gave it to you.

I'm sure you wouldn't want that on your conscience.

:p

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Hmmm, I really do want Super Puzzle Platform (and all of the other Adult Swim games), but 50% is a low discount. But they never go for more than 50% anyway.
It's a little early for most of their games to hit 75% though. They've only been publishing on Steam for nine months. Plus a fair number of those games are both good and have gotten good word of mouth so they haven't needed to hit rock-bottom pricing yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if SHODN hits 75% off during the end of year sales. Maybe SPP since it will at least be six months old by then...the other titles are probably too new.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, where were you during the Groupees Doujin Bundle 2? :(

...If you take up Buttonbasher's offer, be aware that the first eXceed is rough. It'd probably be a bad idea to use the first game as your barometer when you decide whether to pick up any of the others.
All of them are impossibly hard, at least for me. I don't know how there are people out there who are able to beat them, much less 1cc them. They are fun, but they sure like watching me suffer!

I should try that Touhou game I was recommended a while ago, but I'm sure I'll suck at it too.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wouldn't be surprised if SHODN hits 75% off during the end of year sales. Maybe SPP since it will at least be six months old by then...the other titles are probably too new.

Wasn't SHODN already 66% on some sale? Because I have it, and I rarely buy games for lower than 66% unless it's a release.

Amazing game, by the way. Jesus. I really love all of the Aduld Swim games looks and they all look like they play amazingly well.

gonna start a deadly premonition playthrough, i hope i won't run into troublesome crashes or bug. thanks based durante

What do people who already played Guacamelee think of the game?

pretty good platformer/brawler imo, the metroidvania part isn't developped a lot but the combat is really easy to pick up and you can do elaborate combos with it
the art style is great and the game has some nice animations
some platforming sections (especially to get the true ending) are complete bullshit, it's not badly designed, it's just that it's a super meat boy dark world level of difficulty and it's kinda weird for this kind of game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom