• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

Thank you very much for your kindness fellow GAFfer, I'm going to enter only for DS3.

I find it funny the amount of posters VS the people who lurk in the thread and how fast it goes when there's a new bundle and giveaways. The best part is, it has become so much more easier to spot who is who. ;)

Either way, amazing giveaway! I can't wait to do another neat one but it will have to wait for now.

If I didn't procrastinate and gave things away when I got them, they wouldn't build up like this.

I'm not so much a lurker as a lagger. I'm here. I comment every once in a while, but certainly not all that much. I was planning this before the bundle, but didn't post last night 'cause I was tired. Ohwell. I figure limiting myself to givers will help encourage people to consider being givers as well. In the future, once I'm able to spend money again (I have $3 in my bank atm, yay), I'll start stocking up and do this again. Seems fun. If I had the cash, I'd buy the Humble Bundle and Indie Gala bundles right now, though I own almost all the games in them, just to give away the extras in this one. I'll try to hit 50 next time.

Crusader Kings Complete is only the first CK, correct?

Yup.

zkylon

zkylewd
holy shit at that batman humble bundle

I have to agree

You really should play to the end, the last boss is something to be experienced.
I don't find it grindy, as we travel through different worlds, get different heroes and units it feels fresh till the end, except may be the very last part is a bit annoying with all those random battles, but not too much.

yeah, it's just that after the third or fourth time you're forced to start over with a new dude it gets kinda tiresome

I might go back to it someday, but I fear I may have forgotten everything about it

when my great grandfather sent off his seed in a rocket from norway after fighting with scientists about how it was going to explode he thought his spawn would get superpowers from the yellow united states sun

Turfster

And the hits keep on coming.
I finally link my account, and... nothing happens.
The humble bundle site still says I need to log in to my steam account.
Clicking the link says Humble Bundle is authorized and sends me back... to the "hey you need to log in to steam" bullshit.
Seriously, try telling me this is faster and easier again, I dare you.

Trying some of these too

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-4AD0098F9455938E - Taken by masterkajo. 20 entrants total.
Worms Pinball -- MB-2E5B6E4441AC1833
Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-B47ADE30110E9364 - Taken by neoism. 5 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-685FF918C36C3E2B - Taken by DXLelouch153. 1 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-EA074D623DC02114 - Taken by KenOD. 2 entrants total.

t1383695353z1.png

DocSeuss

And the hits keep on coming.
I finally link my account, and... nothing happens.
The humble bundle site still says I need to log in to my steam account.
Clicking the link says Humble Bundle is authorized and sends me back... to the "hey you need to log in to steam" bullshit.
Seriously, try telling me this is faster and easier again, I dare you.

I hit the F5 button when a friend gifted me Fear 3. Problem solved.

whoever wins this needs to put the key they get after

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

guess you can pm me if it doesn't work

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Arkham City GOTY -- MB-2786019EA5AE0622 - Taken by schwupp. 11 entrants total.

t1383685678z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
when my great grandfather sent off his seed in a rocket from norway after fighting with scientists about how it was going to explode he thought his spawn would get superpowers from the yellow united states sun

This is why I hate Superman as the ultimate immigrant and why I dislike most stories that paint him as such.

The dude (in most versions) was a fucking baby when he crash landed on Earth. He has no memory of Krypton, it's people, or ideals, and has absolutely no connection to it. His entire life he is raised as an American until he begins to manifest superpowers and he's told that he came from space. Then he watches a ton of videos on Krypton and suddenly it's "fuck you, people who raised me as their own, these dead people mean as much to me practically as you; I'm all about that Kryptonian life now."

Superman is basically Madonna when she went to England and started faking a British accent.

Turfster

I hit the F5 button when a friend gifted me Fear 3. Problem solved.

Nope. Nothing doing.
I've tried on 2 different systems with 4 different browsers now.
I'm done.
You can keep the fucking money, HumbleBundle, but you and me? We're through if you keep this shit.

DocSeuss

This is why I hate Superman as the ultimate immigrant and why I dislike most stories that paint him as such.

The dude (in most versions) was a fucking baby when he crash landed on Earth. He has no memory of Krypton, it's people, or ideals, and has absolutely no connection to it. His entire life he is raised as an American until he begins to manifest superpowers and he's told that he came from space. Then he watches a ton of videos on Krypton and suddenly it's "fuck you, people who raised me as their own, these dead people mean as much to me practically as you; I'm all about that Kryptonian life now."

Superman is basically Madonna when she went to England and started faking a British accent.

Yes, this. He's all "GREAT RAO!" and I'm all "dude, cut the crap, you've never been to Krypton" and he's all "but but but..." whatever. It's one of the reasons I'm annoyed by people who write him interacting with other superheroes. Quite often, they call him Kal. I'm pretty sure none of the people I've known who were adopted when very, very young think of themselves as their birth names. He's Clark. He's a Kansas farmboy. He was born in Kansas (because any other origin story is lame; the one where he was gestated in the space ship was awesome).

Try unlinking and relinking if that's the case, also did you see my post re: your modbot troubles?

Ok so I got my humble bundle working. But no luck with the modbot giveaway, I found your message and converted my giveaway text with that unicode converter, sent it to modbot and still nothing :/

Ok got it working, I had one ¨ beside my steam key

DasFool

To those buying the Humble Bundle for steam keys, is it possible to view the key without redeeming it now? I have a copy of Arkham Asylum I'd love to give away.

Turfster

To those buying the Humble Bundle for steam keys, is it possible to view the key without redeeming it now? I have a copy of Arkham Asylum I'd love to give away.

No. You generate a link, that will be given to someone, that will have to enter their email address, that will get a new link, that will have to be clicked, that will have to log into steam.

Already had these, so enjoy :D
EDIT: wait a min, so i only needed to post the code, not the entire link? But ModBot registered it. I'm confused now.
ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Arkham City -- MB-AD9F74DEC4B245EE - Taken by rainking187. 9 entrants total.
FEAR 2 -- MB-9304EE17197B066F - Taken by Zeitgeister. 4 entrants total.
Arkham Asylum -- MB-DA593960DBAF6E3B - Taken by Spawn. 6 entrants total.

t1383686443z1.png

Okay, after much problems I finally got this working. I actually dropped some keys but will giving them later on.. also I planned this giveaway to be much bigger - however I had to give some to my friends. However don't worry I'm planning to another at least similar sized giveaway when I get more keys. So this is my way of saying thanks GAF, you're the best. As I've said earlier I'm a long time reader but now I have become a GAFaddict, I always read what's on GAF when I wake up and it has become my go-to forum where I can read the latest gaming news and have a laugh as you guys have some very best gif-makers here.

tl;dr, here is the giveaway

ModBot said:

I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise (Origin) -- MB-7C0070562AA6535B
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-8F7229CAB82E0919 - Taken by Lord British. 24 entrants total.
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream -- MB-E60893307EB7DDEC - Taken by creamsugar. 22 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
eXceed Gun Bullet Children (Desura) -- MB-63A9F96A003BDA2A - Taken by cardinalmind
Medal of Honor -- MB-6153FD3DD4107F45
Men of War Red Tide #3 -- MB-131100D3EF80FEFC - Taken by oipic. 2 entrants total.
Men of War Red Tide #2 -- MB-1484A3F61DE5A647
Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition -- MB-566BBBDDB3EA8D60 - Taken by chiym1992. 7 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-8A0C9EC151B46EEC
XIII Century Gold Edition -- MB-BA19715F01268701 - Taken by scorpscarx. 4 entrants total.
World War III Black Gold -- MB-10E74D1D37083C52 - Taken by Mugatu. 3 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II -- MB-345FD0618A58CBEA - Taken by super-famicom. 16 entrants total.
Dream Pinball 3D -- MB-7E601A4F810454EF - Taken by Kirosia. 11 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Diehard Dungeon (Desura) -- MB-2B3AEA746B8B6BF2 - Taken by kulapik. 2 entrants total.
eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-EEEF2404026B9304 - Taken by gabrielt16. 21 entrants total.
Fractal -- MB-AE9D28E8C9B5B71D - Taken by Cyberquake. 4 entrants total.
Death to Spies Gold #2 -- MB-3538F23B9E012F6D
Death to Spies Gold -- MB-51192EEBE57DD1AF
Pirates of the Black Cove Gold -- MB-C1304B4FF77350A5
ulgzbKC.png
End My World (Desura) -- MB-82A5314165BDA4E2
Men of War Condemned Heroes -- MB-6086D30E7A570BE0
ulgzbKC.png
Suguri Collection (Desura) -- MB-91FE667A38C5D4E8
Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-5E92EB8C9264416C - Taken by Kagemusha
ulgzbKC.png
Survivor Squad (Desura) -- MB-EDE7CA126F894120
Magicka -- MB-46ED0ABAC893EF56
Men of War Condemned Heroes #2 -- MB-3928B2D8EF1A00DB
The 39 Steps -- MB-6BFA6FBA904124B7
Men of War Red Tide -- MB-C7268CFF3B215A03 - Taken by darkchewie
Space Zombies and Pirates -- MB-0C0FFE2BD647595B
Two Worlds II -- MB-C7008AF7227EEC95
Greed Corp -- MB-CDBEF2713B52B873
LIMBO -- MB-4E2516EB3A9FE4E3
The Showdown Effect -- MB-B6C7791AB34E699B

t1383773114z1.png

Grief.exe

I noticed people wanting the non GOTY version of Arkham City? Why is that? Is there something wrong with it? Was thinking of getting the bundle.

It still has GFWL integration, making the vanilla version of AA effectively useless.

The reason crazy people want it is to bolster their Steam collection with games that aren't available for purchase anymore.

Okay, after much problems I finally got this working. I actually dropped some keys but will giving them later on.. also I planned this giveaway to be much bigger - however I had to give some to my friends. However don't worry I'm planning to another at least similar sized giveaway when I get more keys. So this is my way of saying thanks GAF, you're the best. As I've said earlier I'm a long time reader but now I have become a GAFaddict, I always read what's on GAF when I wake up and it has become my go-to forum where I can read the latest gaming news and have a laugh as you guys have some very best gif-makers here.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway. *crosses fingers*

pure insanity lol

Cth

Apologies for the OT post, but..

I finally got another part time job today! Still no full time, but something is better than nothing! I'll be working seasonal at Toys R Us in the video games department. If anyone has worked there and wants to share horror stories/advice, drop me a PM!

The_Monk

What amazing group of GAFfers we have here. I hope the Modbot can one day send a "Thank You" PM for those kind giveaways. Like a poem or some song in a Youtube link or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom