• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Skip Hitman Absolution, Crysis 2 (not sure about 3), Dead Space 3, Just Cause 2, Medal of Honor, and Stalker Clear Sky.
Haven't played Red Faction Armageddon and Serious Sam 3, but the general consensus from this thread is they are skippable as well.

Trim the fat of that backlog. No need to waste your time.

Red Faction: Armageddon's decent enough fun (just finished it recently), but there are definitely games in that backlog that are worth playing first.

Crysis 2, I really wanted to like. Unfortunately, I couldn't get very far into it before I lost interest. : / I'm going to have to try going back to it at some point.

Grief.exe

Honestly, not worth going back to Crysis 2. Its one of those games that I forced myself to finish and I really shouldn't have.

Running it at Ultra with Maldo textures as a visual showpiece of PC gaming is fine, actually beating the game is a lesson in disappointment. Especially after the potential of the original titles.

I have purchased a 3 pack of tracmania2 valley and split it with a friend, but I still have one copy available. It brings the price down to $8.33. Message me if interested. If not, I'm taking it to the B/S/T thread.

NjwRpp3m.jpg

DasFool

Yeah...realistically, for shooters I still have to start/finish the first two Bioshock games, Hitman Absolution, the first 3 Crysis games, Deus Ex HR, all 3 Dead Space games, Just Cause 2, Medal of Honor, Red Faction Armageddon, STALKER 1 & 2, Spec Ops, Serious Sam 3...

Oh god. Writing it all out...shit.

Those two games look so good, though!

Out of that entire list, you should make an effort to play Serious Sam 3. Game is a ton of fun, very fast-paced, and escalates quickly. It's the most intense shooter I've played in a while.

bkw

Found another spare key.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oil Rush -- MB-8262D4E34A118FE4 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

t1383974350z1.png

Grief.exe

I just got done playing BioShock 2 and the game is quite good. Best gameplay of the series by far, the team at Marin really nailed it.

The atmosphere and exploration of Rapture was well crafted as well.

novenD

Skip Hitman Absolution, Crysis 2 (not sure about 3), Dead Space 3, Just Cause 2, Medal of Honor, and Stalker Clear Sky.
Haven't played Red Faction Armageddon and Serious Sam 3, but the general consensus from this thread is they are skippable as well.

Trim the fat of that backlog. No need to waste your time.

Why would you say such a thing? JC2 is an unmissable experience. Decado, even if you don't finish it, you should set aside a few hours to muck about in it at some point.

Gee, my first SteamGAF post is so confrontational. I feel like such a douche

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

jwtsonga

Why would you say such a thing? JC2 is an unmissable experience. Decado, even if you don't finish it, you should set aside a few hours to muck about in it at some point.

I agree...JC2 is worth playing for at least 3-4 hours (the first 30 mins is a tutorial so race through that and get to the open world stuff!). Download the black market spawn mod and spawn whatever for FREE and mess around!! Jets are pretty fun!

Grief.exe

The campaign is so repetivie and derivitave is why I brought that up. Sure, muck around in the game for a few hours like jwtsonga said, but beating the game? Probably won't recommend it unless you are truly enjoying the experience.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just Cause 2 Multiplayer is just amazing though. http://www.jc-mp.com/

When you can get people to work together to do all sorts of crazy stunts,t hat's when it really becomes a must-play experience in my opinion.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ahh I see, so essentially we're paying for it to be "official"?

Pretty much. Forgotten Empires itself isn't compatible with Age 2 HD, and considering just how much work into the mod, not to mention how much content it adds, $10 for an HD flavour is more than reasonable.

Honestly, not worth going back to Crysis 2. Its one of those games that I forced myself to finish and I really shouldn't have.

Running it at Ultra with Maldo textures as a visual showpiece of PC gaming is fine, actually beating the game is a lesson in disappointment. Especially after the potential of the original titles.

Crytek seems like such an incredible waste of amazing talent.

The campaign is so repetivie and derivitave is why I brought that up. Sure, muck around in the game for a few hours like jwtsonga said, but beating the game? Probably won't recommend it unless you are truly enjoying the experience.

I think you are pretty spot on. I'll go as far as to say JC2 is best enjoyed in gif form ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares In A Box:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mayhem Intergalactic -- MB-77BC4AF2ED16582A - Taken by Blablurn
Project Aftermath -- MB-77C3BFE9570715AE - Taken by oipic
AI War Fleet Command -- MB-5F3B00ECCEEBE707 - Taken by Ingueferroque

So after playing a ton of Spelunky I got around to finishing The Swapper and thought I'd leave some impressions.

It can be kind of a slow burn at first but overall this game is freaking amazing. It's easily a candidate for my personal goty. The puzzles are extremely well thought out, I finished the game without using online help despite having a few instances of being frustrated of trying to figure out a few puzzles towards the end.

The atmosphere is simply awesome in how it makes you feel so isolated, which makes it surprising that it can tell a captivating story so well.

I don't want to ruin things but the game also mixes things up a bit with a few zero gravity exploration segments that are simply breathtaking.

I really haven't been this engaged in a game like this since Limbo, I would dare say that I enjoyed it even more than Limbo despite the fact the two have vast differences but some similarities.

Sorry if I'm being redundant, it's difficult not to say much without spoiling the game.

Both Crysis 2 and 3 are some of the better, more open FPS games released recently. Not at all CoD style hallways. Says a lot about linearity this gen I suppose, but still. Both have wide open environments with far more verticality than most other shooters. Compared to the first game it can be disappointing but they're still fun games.

Will be interesting to see what others do with Cryengine, seems to be garnering a lot of support lately. Believe that new Chinese Room game is using it as well which hasn't been mentioned above.

Both Crysis 2 and 3 are some of the better, more open FPS games released recently. Not at all CoD style hallways. Says a lot about linearity this gen I suppose, but still. Both have wide open environments with far more verticality than most other shooters. Compared to the first game it can be disappointing but they're still fun games.

Will be interesting to see what others do with Cryengine, seems to be garnering a lot of support lately. Believe that new Chinese Room game is using it as well which hasn't been mentioned above.
Well, I have only played C2, can't say about C3. C2 is not all that linear, but it lacked something, I don't know, maybe fun? It's just doesn't feel right, like an empty shell with no soul, boring.

jwtsonga

For a second I thought JaseC was talking to himself.

yeah same lol. avatars look similar (the angle and lighting etc.)
and regarding the crysis 2 vs 3: I liked 3 better because it actually held my interest and the bow was FUN. crysis 2 wasnt that fun and felt very 'sterile' for some reason. I actually feel that having a shorter campaign also helped crysis 3. And of course the graphics are amazing (even on low settings)

zkylon

zkylewd
well my 60 hour adventure in the world of shin megami tensei nocturne is finally over

amazing game, really glad I finally made some time to play it

now what the hell do I play... this I got installed, might as well try one of these out...

prolly another new vegas playthrough... I need those GRA achievements

nacimento

this is great but I thought the Humble Bundle had Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes not The Breakout?

Just noticed it :( Sorry everybody. When I passed through my post again right now I even thought "Why am I giving away the Breakout if I don't have it?"
I had just written Edna & Harvey, then I remembered there are two, but I wrote the wrong subtitle...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pretty much. Forgotten Empires itself isn't compatible with Age 2 HD, and considering just how much work into the mod, not to mention how much content it adds, $10 for an HD flavour is more than reasonable.

Ah I see.

Dr Dogg

I swear JaseC avatar is a gif. It feels like it literally changes before my eyes.

I think Crytek kind of forced themselves to finish the campaign as the whole last 2 areas were a joke.

Thanks people for putting up foils for super cheap prices (< 1) for brand new games. Does this happen a lot? Never staked out a game's card market before, but saw a couple of cheap foils yesterday with no competition in the market. My assumption would be they had no idea what a foil was, because I manage to grab them for about the same price as a standard card would go for.

Wok

Thanks people for putting up foils for super cheap prices (< 1) for brand new games. Does this happen a lot? Never staked out a game's card market before, but saw a couple of cheap foils yesterday with no competition in the market. My assumption would be they had no idea what a foil was, because I manage to grab them for about the same price as a standard card would go for.

Yeah, but it might take a long time to sell them for more.

Cody_D165

Banned
Friend of mine bought a Dualshock 4 early and was nice enough to let me steal it away for a bit to try some PC gaming with it.

It's a fantastic controller, the analogs feel great and the improved L2 and R2 buttons are godly for racing games, in particular Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. So good.

Yeah, but it might take a long time to sell them for more.
Well, sure, that goes without saying, especially if there's not even a complete set out yet, But still, unless it gets too crowded with foils of the same kind it's not impossible to sell it for €5-10 in the first few days. Possibly a lot more, but you don't want to risk scaring away the customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom