• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

pi6p8.jpg

pls don't stop

JakeD

Are you using it through motioninjoy? Because that will always happen.

Use this instead http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102 and you will have no more problems. It does mean you will need to "pair it" with a PS3 to use it there again, but that is no big deal.

yep I used that post and works great except it still is synced to the ps3. Maybe because I only use usb and not blue tooth?

using xinput wrapper
press and hold L1+R1, then press and hold PS - DS3 will disconnect after 2 seconds

I'll try this, thanks

Storm360

Not 'major'?! Nonsense! Great giveaway, and I'm rapt to have won Scribblenauts - downloading right now - thanks very much, Storm. :)

Thanks, it's just a humble bundle though, so I didn't class as Major.

Still need to finish it, I played to around 66% done in one night, and haven't touched it since lol.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Welcome to this fine Community fellow GAFfer! Please enjoy your stay and have fun. If you ever need anything let us know, this a relaxed friendly place that welcomes everyone. Hope you like it in here. :)

Oh and thanks for the awesome giveaway, I'm sure someone in here will be very happy for those games.

Thanks, this place seems much more friendly than most gaming threads these days.

SteamGAF : This is my first post in any SteamGAF thread as I am new to Steam and PC gaming in general. I am only 2 months in, so take it easy on me if I ask a stupid question.

Also, here are some spare keys from a couple of eBay bundles :

Far Cry 3 is a Uplay code. All of the codes for the other games I redeemed with no problem so I don't see why these should not.

Enjoy!

Nice first post!!!!

How are you finding PC Gaming so far?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
No luck. Tried command prompt and a renaming program. Both say the directory doesn't exist.

Apparently, this is exactly the problem, though.
That's really weird. I was able to use the command prompt to rename the file/folder (can't remember which) when this happened to me, but the quirk of it was that it was listed under a truncated DOS-compliant name—not the overly-long one I expected. I don't mean to sound condescending, but you're 100% sure that's not what's happened? It would show up as something like BIOSHO~1, maybe.

I could be off base since I was running XP at the time; I don't know if things have changed in 7.

EDIT: Did a quick test and was able to rename a folder by referring to it by its short name in Win7. Don't know if it'll work or if you've done this already, but try dir /X to obtain the short name, then (pretending it's BIOSHO~1) ren BIOSHO~1 newname.

oh wow. I hadn't even been checking my kickstarter update emails over the past few months now, thank you for mentioning this.

"You will be able to pick between getting either a Steam or GOG.com key, whichever is your preference." WHY NOT BOTH!@# I am leaning towards GOG though.

Yeah it's annoying having to choose between the two. Right now there are two ways to do it: Redeem the Steam copy and buy the other separately on GOG ($6) or to have also pledged towards the Torment + Wasteland 2 tier ($45 or an extra $25 on top of a current pledge) on the Torment kickstarter.

If you did get it through the Torment 2 kickstarter, you can get your Wasteland 1 key here (on the Donations page):
https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/

Wooo @ the daily deal.
I've been waiting for Portal to go on sale once again as I already have no.2 but wanted to play the OG version first.

Wooo @ the daily deal.
I've been waiting for Portal to go on sale once again as I already have no.2 but wanted to play the OG version first.
I feel bad for anybody that didn't get to play Portal before the internet memes started.

It's still a brilliant game though, hopefully you will enjoy it.

Is the Steam store down for everybody or am I just drunk?

Error Code: -104

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

Overdoziz

Banned
To thank this thread for giving me some free games and because everyone needs to play this game:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Hotline Miami #4 -- MB-35F480EB530A6F08 - Taken by WavekSra. 2 entrants total.
Hotline Miami #3 -- MB-A8DB5E6F94B528DE - Taken by KenOD. 4 entrants total.
Hotline Miami #2 -- MB-2FA9B2E0F4D60DF5 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Hotline Miami #1 -- MB-710E0D50DA9E8277 - Taken by damaph. 3 entrants total.

t1383974843z1.png

These are Steam gifts and not straight-up keys so keep that in mind.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since everyone is being generous on SteamGAF tonight:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ignite -- MB-94A4B32FB2CF728C - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars Complete Collection -- MB-6DC97B3A75E4372F - Taken by LiquidMetal14. 8 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-B7C37FA69B33A685 - Taken by throwawayname. 2 entrants total.
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-FB83A6FDC031A851 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-B928D3DF82F66226 - Taken by Xanathus. 1 entrants total.
MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-038D32BF51E8754C - Taken by oipic. 2 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War -- MB-ED479D8C488DA33C - Taken by runnin_blue. 4 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-7108DAD11BF791B9 - Taken by PixyJunket. 2 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-C5236439D172A7F5 - Taken by neoism. 2 entrants total.

t1383965529z1.png

I feel bad for anybody that didn't get to play Portal before the internet memes started.

It's still a brilliant game though, hopefully you will enjoy it.

Either I somehow missed such memes or have forgotten them.
Oh wait
the cake is a lie isn't it.

I was playing Hotline Miami at university on my laptop earlier this week, I wonder what the people who saw my screen thought.

Sicko.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Seven hours until the poll for the following is closed:
-Resident Evil Revelations
-Poker Night 2
-Just Cause 2
-Lucius
-Symphony
-System Shock 2
-Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
-Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
-Cognition Episode 1 and 2
-Super Sanctum TD
-Ether Vapor Remaster
-Warlock Master of the Arcane
-A Virus Named TOM
-NecrovisioN: Lost Company
-Burn Zombie Burn
-Eets Munchies
-Exceed 2nd Vampire REX
-Dinner Date
-Legend of Dawn

Can enter for it here.

Storm360

Thanks, that's a little longer than I want at the moment but I may still pop it on soon and get it at least past 50%.

You could most likely shave some time off it, This was when the PSN version as glitched aswell, and the 99 Windows and Dogs trophies were unobtainable

Just joking that you're playing a game for fun, instead of just for achievements. :)

Trying to break that habbit, but it's still showing up on PSN, At least I don't really care on PC unless I really like the game

TEDIT: Did a quick test and was able to rename a folder by referring to it by its short name in Win7. Don't know if it'll work or if you've done this already, but try dir /X to obtain the short name, then (pretending it's BIOSHO~1) ren BIOSHO~1 newname.

Yep, this is exactly what I wound up doing. Your explanation was better than the one I found and edited into my above post, though.

Hopefully this is why my back up failed also so I can actually get my shit backed up by shortening the file name to begin with.

You could most likely shave some time off it, This was when the PSN version as glitched aswell, and the 99 Windows and Dogs trophies were unobtainable
Yeah, I'm not hyper focused on the achievements one way or the other, I just wanted a general idea.

I'm also looking for something around five or ten hours I can putz around with in-between working on Half-Minute Hero and Valdis Story (although I may shelve further Valdis Story games until screenshots work).

oipic

Since everyone is being generous on SteamGAF tonight:

I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, it seems - thanks for MacGuff, jshack. :)

I feel a little guilty at not having bought this game at some point, as Brawsome are based practically down the road from me here in Melbourne, and local devs need all the help and encouragement they can get... but thanks again, jshack.

I'm cross-posting this from the ghost town of the Valdis Story thread (buy and play this game, gentlemens).

http://endlessfluff.com/forum/index.php?topic=162.0

Here are the (current) changes for the next patch, new changes are added every day.

• Restore Default Controls added to control config.
• Due to severe lag on some machines, Direct input will be disabled until a solution is found for the issue.
• Skill cancel key bind added.
• Double warlock room in Ziggurat is now Crystal locked instead of Barrier locked.
• Fixed skill text that still said "sheath charge" instead of "skill cancel."
• Fixed instances where a Templar could push you through a wall.
• Various adjustments to [Aegis] spell.
• Skill cancel can now be used to escape air juggles.
• Music and SFX volume control added.
• Slightly increased snap radius for ledge grabbing.
• You can now ledge grab moving platforms.
• Gernot's special move is now evadable, but he can cast it more frequently.
• Treu's special move is now evadable, but he can cast it more frequently.
• Changed Layout of Treu's room.
• Events in place to repair the mana heater in Ishk.
• Retry from Main Menu.
• All time based events have been converted to be event triggered.
• Fixed getting stuck in the wall during Jahzracht battle.
• Zone Exit Arrows added to Maps.
• Axen Lore displaying wrong sprite.
• Reina retains souls on respec bug.
• Golden Raid spell now has a passive increased chance to cause reckoning.
• Lowered magic power gained from Int.
• Gernot/Treu/Magus [Ruin] rewards reduced from 10 to 5.
• Some weapons display incorrect affinity until equipped.
• Angel Shepherd rework for ability clarification (new animations/attacks).
• Remaining time bonus added to completing Goibniu mode.

Skill cancel escaping air juggles is HUGE.

Ledge grab changes should make some parts smoother.

The timed events being changed is unfortunate, too many complaints, I suppose.

The map addition was my suggestion from the Steam forum, it should fix the biggest problem with the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom