• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Nice, I just got it too. Huh, so you have to pick between Steam OR GOG.

For those like myself who chose the Steam route, the 'extras' (that were briefly only available to those that chose to side with GOG) were added to the Steam version a little after it first became available - and can be found in the game's 'Extras' folder, funnily enough.

Since the sales are apparently on the 27th, I have a few coupons that I can give, if anyone wants them that's it.

-25% Volgarr The Viking
-33% Foul Play
-90% Krater

random

Since I was shameless enough to enter yet another raffle (thank you Overdoziz!), I went on the hunt for unused keys.

I found this:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-8266917AB2629A54 - Taken by jwtsonga. 5 entrants total.

t1383969488z1.png

I have no idea what kind of game this is.

bkw

それは秘密です
I see how it is...

Anyone know if the old Humble Bundles in your library still generate keys? Or is the new auto-redeem thing retroactive? I see "click the button to redeem on steam", but no gift icon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, er-Episodes of Liberty City: Is it supposed to be doubled (GTA4/GTA4:EfLC) in Steam and not allowing the DLC to connect to Games for Windows Live?

I mean not a big deal but I kinda wanted to see if the DLC made new modes or something for the online. :/

Oh well, I guess it's a hint that maybe they can patch GfWL out and have the singleplayer stuff function fine if they go Steamworks?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You seem to be in pretty good shape, a cursory glance of that list suggests that almost all of those are very recent releases and thus not likely to be pulled over the next little while.

I would buy Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock soon if I were you though. BBC has cancelled the planned sequels to the game + the Doctor Who games that were greenlit have not had any updates about getting them put on Steam. Not any imminent signs of delisting, but you take this stuff seriously and the game itself is only $9.99 and never gets discounted, so...

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Cheers. Apparently TEC hasn't been discounted at all since release, so I'll just use some card cash to buy it now.

Tellaerin

Since I was shameless enough to enter yet another raffle (thank you Overdoziz!), I went on the hunt for unused keys.

I found this:

I have no idea what kind of game this is.

S.P.A.Z. is fun. The closest thing I could liken it to would be something like Star Control 2 - top-down, action-oriented space combat with some light strategic/RPG elements (take missions for one of two opposing factions, mine resources to build ships, acquire blueprints for new ship types, etc.). You have multiple ships in battle and can switch between them on the fly, with the AI taking control of the ones you're not piloting personally (and it does a good job). It can start feeling a little repetitive in the latter half (I took a break from the game after a major plot event and still need to finish it), but I sank a good amount of time into it to reach that point, and I had a good time getting there. So I'd have to give it a thumbs-up.

EDIT: And by the time I finish typing that up for people wondering WTF the game is, the giveaway's already over. Go figure. So... uh... play S.P.A.Z.! It's fun! :p

nacimento

I hope this new HB system works

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout -- MB-79BB81ED6D16FD8D - Taken by creamsugar. 16 entrants total.
A New Beginnning -- MB-827D919F492735B8 - Taken by jwtsonga. 8 entrants total.
A Whispered World -- MB-0AC0CD26DB58942E - Taken by Seagoon. 4 entrants total.
Men of War: Red Tide -- MB-F0FFEE01A3849F3C - Taken by Htown. 1 entrants total.

t1383980334z1.png

random

S.P.A.Z. is fun. The closest thing I could liken it to would be something like Star Control 2 - top-down, action-oriented space combat with some light strategic/RPG elements (take missions for one of two opposing factions, mine resources to build ships, acquire blueprints for new ship types, etc.). You have multiple ships in battle and can switch between them on the fly, with the AI taking control of the ones you're not piloting personally (and it does a good job). It can start feeling a little repetitive in the latter half (I took a break from the game after a major plot event and still need to finish it), but I sank a good amount of time into it to reach that point, and I had a good time getting there. So I'd have to give it a thumbs-up.

Thank you for the impression. Does sound like the kind of game I have been avoiding, but are now curious about, after starting this PC gaming thing.

I am having the gaming time of my life, even though I have accumulated a huge backlog of games I have only shortly started playing. For now my space themed top down needs are covered by FTL, which I never would have thought I would enjoy so much.

edit:
seems decent it has 74 metacritic!!
Thankyou random for giving away SPAZ!!!!! Sounds interesting!

Seems like the right one won :)

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Damn Hotline Miami is fun. I played it once on my friend's vita but didn't really have enough time to get into it. Now I'm getting addicted to it sitting on the couch, with the soundtrack blaring, trying to get the highest combos possible, and figuring out how to clear out all these rooms without being killed.

Might be one of the few games I actually decide to 100% wants I fully learn it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Cheers. Apparently TEC hasn't been discounted at all since release, so I'll just use some card cash to buy it now.

Buy it because (in my opinion as a Doctor Who fan) it's actually a pretty cool game.

SteamGAF : This is my first post in any SteamGAF thread as I am new to Steam and PC gaming in general. I am only 2 months in, so take it easy on me if I ask a stupid question.

Also, here are some spare keys from a couple of eBay bundles :

Far Cry 3 is a Uplay code. All of the codes for the other games I redeemed with no problem so I don't see why these should not.

Enjoy!
You rock! Thanks for Far Cry 3! good thing Uplay has controller support now!

I wonder if there is a way to redeem a steam key from a ubisoft game, although i will be booting to it with steam.

Nimby

Banned
I'm not sure if there is a proper thread to post this question in, but I felt like this one is the closest. And I didn't want to make a new thread.

I have for YEARS been waiting for ANY game that is similar to The Last Remnant. I spent 120h on that game and if you didn't like it I don't ace, I loved it. :p but ever since, or even before that, I haven't found a game that played and felt the same, both in terms of story and genre and gameplay etc.

IS there a game like that that exists and that isn't ages old? If so, please share with me. :/

(I guess Fire Emblem is the closest I've found, but that's a 3DS game and not exactly the same. I own it, though.)

SaGa series, SaGa Frontier 1 & 2 for PS1, Romancing SaGa PS2. Stay away from Unlimited.

denx

Damn Hotline Miami is fun. I played it once on my friend's vita but didn't really have enough time to get into it. Now I'm getting addicted to it sitting on the couch, with the soundtrack blaring, trying to get the highest combos possible, and figuring out how to clear out all these rooms without being killed.

Might be one of the few games I actually decide to 100% wants I fully learn it.

Hotline Miami was my game of 2012. Whoever wins one of the copies in the HM giveaway is one lucky bastard.

btw, you're all awesome dudes, so many giveaways

Decado

What do you guys think of that Gunslinger/Far Cry steam bundle? I'm tempted, but am also not in a rush and with the steam Autumn and winter sales coming up...

Thanks AppleSauce for Sleeping Dogs! :D

FINALLY! PORK BUNS

Congrats on becoming a whole man!
;p

What do you guys think of that Gunslinger/Far Cry steam bundle? I'm tempted, but am also not in a rush and with the steam Autumn and winter sales coming up...

I haven't played Far Cry yet but Gunslinger is fantastic and definitely worth it. If you think you'll get to it before the next sale I'd go for it.

denx

If you're not in a rush, I'd say wait until the Autumn/Winter sales and see if you can get them cheaper. If you're itching for some FPS action though, then go for it. Both games are great fun.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Both are like in the top 5 best gaming experiences this year. They are proof of Ubisoft actually having some clever market strategies.

I'm crazy hyped for their next two projects.

Both great games. Already bought them for like 7.50 total on xbox tho so im just waiting till theyre inevitably btas on pc.

Decado

If you're not in a rush, I'd say you wait until the Autumn/Winter sales and see if you can get them cheaper. If you're itching for some FPS action though, then go for it. Both games are great fun.

Yeah...realistically, for shooters I still have to start/finish the first two Bioshock games, Hitman Absolution, the first 3 Crysis games, Deus Ex HR, all 3 Dead Space games, Just Cause 2, Medal of Honor, Red Faction Armageddon, STALKER 1 & 2, Spec Ops, Serious Sam 3...

Oh god. Writing it all out...shit.

Those two games look so good, though!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
on a related note, I'm kinda confused how AoEIIHD got an expansion pack - I thought HD already have all of the packs.

JaseC

on a related note, I'm kinda confused how AoEIIHD got an expansion pack - I thought HD already have all of the packs.

Forgotten Empires was originally a mod. Microsoft made a deal with the team to turn it into a "new" official expansion pack.

JaseC

TopSpares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Knights & Merchants -- MB-5B5282428A35B19A - Taken by Baha
World War 3 Black Gold -- MB-DDA0BC3B047FFD51 - Taken by NingenJanai

It seems I forgot to buy Groupees' third Build a Greenlight Bundle. Not sure how I managed to screw up there.

Grief.exe

Yeah...realistically, for shooters I still have to start/finish the first two Bioshock games, Hitman Absolution, the first 3 Crysis games, Deus Ex HR, all 3 Dead Space games, Just Cause 2, Medal of Honor, Red Faction Armageddon, STALKER 1 & 2, Spec Ops, Serious Sam 3...

Oh god. Writing it all out...shit.

Those two games look so good, though!

Skip Hitman Absolution, Crysis 2 (not sure about 3), Dead Space 3, Just Cause 2, Medal of Honor, and Stalker Clear Sky.
Haven't played Red Faction Armageddon and Serious Sam 3, but the general consensus from this thread is they are skippable as well.

Trim the fat of that backlog. No need to waste your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom