• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
been using everglide titan for years

everglidetitan01_full.jpg

Their pads are so good that people never replaced theirs once they got a Everglide, so they ran out of fucking business.

That's what I heard anyway. I'm also a Everglide user. I use a Ricochet Prosurface 2.52 though, I like'em smooooooth

Nabs

What bugs are there? Only downloaded games so far, should I go back to the stable client?

Just little things that annoy me. I like my friends list without avatars, and it's now spaced crazy. I'm also one of those people who like to log in without logging into Friends, and the beta kinda screwed that up as well.

Storm360

Just little things that annoy me. I like my friends list without avatars, and it's now spaced crazy. I'm also one of those people who like to log in without logging into Friends, and the beta kinda screwed that up as well.

Ah okay, I keep my steam client pretty much default, not even using custom skins, so i'll stay in for now

drizzle

Axel Hertz

The "you got a unread message/new item" notifier now is not SOLID VOMIT GREEN anymore, it's a cool dark green-black fade.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
im at the 5th gym too and im gonna take a break for AA

post-game this time around is pretty weak in pokemon apparently so better take your time

aint a race
Oh I know, I'm taking my sweet time. Around 32 hours, maybe a little more. But I still want to finish AAI before jumping to AA5, even if the former is a spin-off and the hype is too high.

Does running Big Picture mode negatively effect game performance on lower-end systems?

I'm playing Arkham Asylum on my laptop, medium settings @ 1080p and get very occassional framerate dips - perfectly playable regardless, but wondering if it could be connected.

Does running Big Picture mode negatively effect game performance on lower-end systems?

I'm playing Arkham Asylum on my laptop, medium settings @ 1080p and get very occassional framerate dips - perfectly playable regardless, but wondering if it could be connected.
I don't think so, but you can still have FRAPS on for comparison.

3053246382.png

Not too bad for 4G wireless and steam will happily max out the connection. I'm too far away from the local exchange for ADSL2+, the local slow, crappy and expensive cable company is oversubscribed in my area and NBN construction is still about 2km away from me.

Holding out hope all the contracts for the NBN are signed and locked away in my area but I imagine we'll end up with FTTP ending just streets away.

derExperte

:(

No nos comamos el chamuyo alemán :(

Google Translate was about as helpful as Maradonna was for your national team. :/

Back on topic: Space Engineers looks neat but it's the first time I ever heard of it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/ Reminds me a little of the totally failed Shattered Horizon.

Owners of Miner Wars 2081 get a 25% off coupon for Space Engineers.

Miner Wars is 66% off for a week. Does the coupon stack with the discount?

Turfster

Back on topic: Space Engineers looks neat but it's the first time I ever heard of it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/

Owners of Miner Wars 2081 get a 25% off coupon for Space Engineers.

Miner Wars is 66% off for a week. Does the coupon stack with the discount?

As far as I know.
Word of warning: MW is apparently extremely unfinished and buggy with shit netcode, and will never be fixed now that they moved on to engineers. It seems the devs are also heavily censoring their steam forums.

~Kinggi~

Banned
For the hell of it tried to launch my steam copy of AC II. Lmao 10 rounds of patches and updates and i gotta login online to uplay. What a fucking joke. Seriously cant wait till uplay goes under and now all those games wont work. Another GFWL in the making.

derExperte

As far as I know.
Word of warning: MW is apparently extremely unfinished and buggy with shit netcode, and will never be fixed now that they moved on to engineers. It seems the devs are also heavily censoring their steam forums.

Okay, then I'll know what not to do.

A little lttp but just finished Gone Home. Went in cold turkey knowing only that it's a "story exploration game". I'll give brief impressions.

Based upon it's merits of being that type of game it was okay I guess. I got stuck at one point because I couldn't find a locker combination and scoured the house for a while until I finally gave up and looked it up on youtube. I can understand it being short as the only game play really is opening shelves and looking around which can be rather dull at times.

It's uninteresting as well being in a mundane setting. Myst can pull it off because your in this strange world. Gone Home is just a house.

But the focus is on Gone Home's story in which I don't know. spoilers below.

I feel a little misled on it's subject matter in that I didn't expect that it was about that. The story is fine with that in itself but I feel it was advertised to be about something more exciting I guess. Upon reaching the ending I was thinking "really??? that's it??

Saying the game is just not for me is the best way I can put it.

Just completed The Screecher, a free mod for Don't starve (On sale on steam at the moment 50% off).

untitledsdjei.png

The mod takes a slower pace to Don't Starve as you walk through the woods slowly coming across the remains of other campers. There is no crafting to speak of, you have a map and a torch and have to keep collecting batteries to power it. Whilst this initially adds a bit of tension to your exploration, it is soon quite clear that there are more than enough batteries around to get you through the game. This means you are just walking from one jump scare to the other without ever really worrying about not making progress.

The torch is important because if you leave the safety of the fire and venture into the dark? Your game will quickly be over. Whilst players of Don't Starve will be familiar with this, there is one new mechanic introduced that I will not spoil. It isn't anything original, but it is well executed here and fits the theme perfectly.

The game doesn't ask for much, only stretching out to 15-20 minutes of your time as you go through it. Just as you are about to think about getting bored, the mod is over and you are faced with the rather neat ending. In terms of replay value, there also isn't much to miss, given you'll collect all 9 notes on your first play through and really have no reason to return.

Because it is short and sweet, it is well worth the time to go through. If nothing else, it highlights the tremendous support Don't Starve has received since launch which is something to be applauded. Free cheap scares are the best cheap scares and The Screecher delivers just enough to make it fun.

Exuro

For those that want to see what the beta update looks like.

jbqE4yWi54VQ0W.png

The BPM style gives me hope that valve is working on a new client or at the least a makeover.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
FEAR 1/2 worth playing through GAF?

GOG has them on sale for dirt cheap.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
FEAR 1/2 worth playing through GAF?

GOG has them on sale for dirt cheap.

Fear 1 and the expansions I can honestly vouch for as one of the best modern FPS I ever played single player-wise. I can't say the Fear 2 but that's only because I played like the first couple sections.

I'd say buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom