• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gee whiz, thanks shackles. I haven't played too many of these walk-around experience-the-horror games so I'm at least a little looking forward to this one even if it's supposed to be kind of crummy!

Woo, thanks jshackles.
Huh. Stumpokapow, I got the key sent to me by Modbot 3 and Modbot 2.

No worries there, probably just a blip with GAF

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Just seen that I won Exceed 1, thanks Copons. Also since everyone is posting their connection speed then here:

2063467937.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I won Painkiller, but it said that the code has already been used, thanks anyway

That sucks :( Sorry, usually my spreadsheet is infallible. :(

Woo, thanks jshackles.

Gee whiz, thanks shackles. I haven't played too many of these walk-around experience-the-horror games so I'm at least a little looking forward to this one even if it's supposed to be kind of crummy!

Oh yeah, only entrant. Thanks for Ravaged. :p

Enjoy!

i played it on the dreamcast a bit, i'll just say this; it's the kind of game where you'll NEED to have a pen and paper next to you to write some stuff down, as there's no map system and the teleporting is done via symbols. no idea if 2 remedied that or not. great open worldish games tho.

Yeah I owned the dreamcast version as well. It's easy to get lost as well as your not prohibited from exploring the world that much.

I remember a bunch of times on my first play through asking myself "am I supposed to be here?".

What is the best way to avoid the plants in Volgarr that spit the projectiles?

Stand close and hit it a few times and then walk back a little. You'll be between where the projectiles land. Then walk back and finish it off (5 hits I think).

There may or may not be a plant where there is tricky in the first level (ok there is). Don't forget your spear! (If you have not done so already, map spear and roll to dedicated buttons)

Salsa

downloading Plants vs Zombies 2 on my phone

money ready for Ace Attorney 5 on 3DS

Batman preloaded on Steam

now I just need to do something in real life

Whools

Tim Schafer just finished giving a conference here in my city. And here I am, still at work :/

Here's hoping the people who saw him were able to appreciate it, at least.
You bastards.

What was the talk about? And i know how you feel, Sam Lloyd (Ted from scrubs) was in my college today and i was stuck doing menial code like 200m away...

huh Member status, cool.

random

Since all the regulars seem to already have these games, I'm reposting the left overs for all to take.
I hope I have done this right.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-D805330C2C713FB5 - Taken by Timedog. 9 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-1428D1C8EECA5B5E - Taken by Faabulous. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-0E555B441D17F535 - Taken by MKUltra. 3 entrants total.

t1382578748z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What was the talk about? And i know how you feel, Sam Lloyd (Ted from scrubs) was in my college today and i was stuck doing menial code like 200m away...

huh Member status, cool.
According to the event page, it's "Keynote: From Grim Fandando to Broken Age. By Tim Schafer." Apparently this was the day where fellow GAFfers were supposed to miss interesting talks, that totally sucks.

And I also love this tweet of him: https://twitter.com/TimOfLegend/status/392555890269642752

nah, that shit's barely canon. You'll find no reference to it in AA5

join the fun
But I still haven't finished Poke Y, haven't beaten the 5th gym yet. Don't tempt me, please!

Salsa

But I still haven't finished Poke Y, haven't beaten the 5th gym yet. Don't tempt me, please!

im at the 5th gym too and im gonna take a break for AA

post-game this time around is pretty weak in pokemon apparently so better take your time

aint a race

Turfster

Oh Ubisoft, you're so precious.
"Preorder Assassin's Creed Liberation HD NOW and get 25% OFF!"
No, I will not buy anything on your uplay shop, stop asking me.
And no, I don't want 40% off on Asscrud 3.
Why couldn't you combine these emails, huh?

Mononoke

Banned
Strange enough, for some reason I can't buy anything on Steam today. My card keeps getting rejected. I then tried to buy the same game over on Amazon (digital buy), and I also got rejected there. Now, I thought this would be an issue with my bank. I called them up, and they assured me there is no hold on my card. I was even able to buy stuff at a store in person today.

Da hell =/

EDIT: I should mention, I'm trying to buy A Wolf Among Us.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Burnout bundle steam key, I don't think this is taken, but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote to see

Khronico

They are on sale fairly consistently at GMG, and other sites as well, don't sweat it too much.

Soul Reaver 1 is on my wishlist, I have never played that game before.

You really should play it.

Also: Soul Reaver instantly recognized my relatively old third party controller when I booted it up, which is cool to see in such an old game.

The_Monk

Ah yeah, I managed to get a LG Monitor, I knew it was not going to be great but right now, it was free so I couldn't complain! I'm building my humble/small PC slowly.

This is the model (for some reason picture stayed upside down) http://i.imgur.com/jmraHxj.jpg

Just to be safe, decided to try it out.

It's dead ;_; Tried with two different power supplies and two VGA cables. Oh well. Now I need to find a cheap Monitor but I'm so out of touch with these, need to do some research.

EDIT: Nice mouse pad Storm360 Also can't you move forward the keyboard and mouse on your desk to avoid hitting the end of the desk? Because if that's not possible you need to lift your hand while using the mouse which would be tiresome. Other than that, you need to apply some good cream on that.

Turfster

It's dead ;_; Tried with two different power supplies and two VGA cables. Oh well. Now I need to find a cheap Monitor but I'm so out of touch with these, need to do some research.
If you've got electromechanic/soldering experience, you could check for leaking capacitors.
Fixed a "broken" monitor like that recently. Of course, if you don't have the experience... it's probably best not to try ;)

Storm360

EDIT: Nice mouse pad Storm360 Also can't you move forward the keyboard and mouse on your desk to avoid hitting the end of the desk? Because if that's not possible you need to lift your hand while using the mouse which would be tiresome. Other than that, you need to apply some good cream on that.

I'm starting to try to make sure my mouse pad is hanging off the front of the desk, but my mouse wire isn't quite long enough to comfortably use it, need to get a USB extension, and I love the mousepad, got it for free through a Reddit post I believe a while ago

The_Monk

I'm starting to try to make sure my mouse pad is hanging off the front of the desk, but my mouse wire isn't quite long enough to comfortably use it, need to get a USB extension, and I love the mousepad, got it for free through a Reddit post I believe a while ago

I believe a USB extension can indeed help with that fellow GAFfer. And it's a cheap solution too. Either way you should apply some cream on that for now! Take care of yourself. ;)

Turfster I don't have all that confidence to try that, but thanks. :) Guess I'll keep on saving and see something at cheap price. Gotta stay positive.

Grief, as always, great screenshots. Love them.

Storm360

I believe a USB extension can indeed help with that fellow GAFfer. And it's a cheap solution too. Either way you should apply some cream on that for now! Take care of yourself. ;)

Yeah, I have 4 hours in between lecturers tomorrow at University, so i'll take a look around the town and see what I can find

Thanks for the advice on cream btw, I wouldn't even consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom