• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Crossed the line into what seemed like too much self-promotion and bumping of the thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714134

Didn't really need a 30 hours left message I think.

Main OT is still up though. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689201

Plz stop using the same engine for all your game Bethesda.

It would be nice not to have to memorise command lines because of various glitches to "fully" enjoy a game.

The_Monk

You need to finish Dark Souls fellow gaffer.

I guess it's never going to happen... Put around 50 Hours on the PS3 and I no longer have the game and the console, I may just start fresh with Dark Souls II on PC because I'm not sure if my Heart can take those amazing soundtrack tunes and boss fights again good sir. ;)

Quoting Evilore:

"Inappropriate levels of promotion and self-bumping at this point, Toma."

EDIT: Beaten & I missed there was two threads about it.

FloatOn

well this might be my last chance to post before gaf ps4 meltdown tomorrow.

hopefully things will be good by monday. as I've said before work sucks without having steamgaf around to keep me entertained.

I hope all of you have a great weekend filled with games, booze, girls and whatever else brings you joy in this life.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Crossed the line into what seemed like too much self-promotion and bumping of the thread.

Understandable. I appreciate Toma's passion, but it was going a bit far this time.

The closing of this thread is a goddamn atrocity, though. EviLore is drunk with power.

On the topic of Steam, who else grabbed Injustice? I haven't had enough time to keep up with the thread and see any impressions.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That's a hell of a way to close a thread.

Such as?

Or just PS4! PS4! PS4!

Canadian deals, Xbox One and PS4 comparisons, Iwata asks, [insert company her messing up at something] threads, GOG, iOS, Indie games, PS4 PS4 PS4!, and the standard silly thread (rename a game/post image to talk about a game/etc), new games coming out or "don't you wish this game series would come back". Then us.

Soon though, it'll be filled with the always fun push into "next gen" and early titles trying out weird things because of new hardware for home consoles. With SteamGAF, iOS GAF, and Indie Games not really noticing much of a difference.

The_Monk

I haver never Subscribed to a Steam thread in recent times. Never. Because If I don't find this amazing friendly thread on the first or in the second page then all hope is lost.

;)

Storm360

Understandable. I appreciate Toma's passion, but it was going a bit far this time.

The closing of this thread is a goddamn atrocity, though. EviLore is drunk with power.

On the topic of Steam, who else grabbed Injustice? I haven't had enough time to keep up with the thread and see any impressions.

Haven't got it myself, but from what I gaver, it's just like MK9, great for offline, not so good for online play

Yeah probably fair enough.

Online is supposed to be borked. I'd wait for the promised patch (given the Wii U "support")

Card Boy

Banned

Main OT is still up though. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689201

It would be nice not to have to memorise command lines because of various glitches to "fully" enjoy a game.

I Banderased when Evilore shut down that thread. Toma gets ridiculous when pimping out indie devs as if his pride and honor are on the line.

denx

At this point I'm not believing in the existance of a PC version until it's out.

Didn't Konami create a new studio with the sole purpose of developing PC versions of their games? I think that's what has been delaying the PC port of MGR.

Anyway, Konami get on with a PC port of the Metal Gear Legacy collection. I think the sales of that on Steam would be ridiculous.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Online is supposed to be borked. I'd wait for the promised patch (given the Wii U "support")

Even if I only get to play singleplayer and local MP, I think I'll get my $29 worth. Can't bring myself to get too invested in online. I'll always get fucked up in ranked, and I don't get upset about lag when I'm just playing matches with friends.

Skullgirls remains unchallenged queen of online play. Even on my terrible connection, it's fantastic. I'll have to get some time in this weekend while it's free and there are scrubs to rock.

Even if I only get to play singleplayer and local MP, I think I'll get my $29 worth. Can't bring myself to get too invested in online. I'll always get fucked up in ranked, and I don't get upset about lag when I'm just playing matches with friends.

Skullgirls remains unchallenged queen of online play. Even on my terrible connection, it's fantastic. I'll have to get some time in this weekend while it's free and there are scrubs to rock.

Yeah I just struggle with the injustice cast as I have literally no idea who most of them are. Fans will probably get a lot more out of it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Didn't Konami create a new studio with the sole purpose of developing PC versions of their games? I think that's what has been delaying the PC port of MGR.

Anyway, Konami get on with a PC port of the Metal Gear Legacy collection. I think the sales of that on Steam would be ridiculous.

Well the reason is because Platinum is doing the port themselves and they want to do it right.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yesterday I was bored and played Ion Assault and damn, game is pretty good. IT's really short (I finished the game in 3 hours) but the "suck all particles and then SHOOT THEM AWAY" mechanic is pretty good and demands you to move around the stage to get more particles.

Whoever said there weren't enough Resogun-type games on PC is Clearly high on fumes.

Next week. 19th US and 21th EU.

Weird, my email says 14 and 19. Oh well.

Caerith

Yeah I just struggle with the injustice cast as I have literally no idea who most of them are. Fans will probably get a lot more out of it.
I'll try to help you out on the bigger ones:
  • Superman - the secret identity of famous hero Bicycle Repair Man
  • Batman - cameo from the popular mobile game Puzzle & Dragons
  • Flash - he'll save every one of us
  • Raven - main character of Disney TV show "That's So Raven"
  • Killer Frost - mascot of Shin Megami Tensei series, hee-ho!
  • Deathstroke - actually Deadpool but they changed the name
  • Shazam - hero whose superpower is identifying songs on the radio
Hope that helps!

Cth

Thanks Khronico for the BitComposer Bundle!

It's going to be fun playing Jagged Alliance again!

EDIT: Wait, I thought JA was part of the bundle?

derExperte

Yesterday I was bored and played Ion Assault and damn, game is pretty good. IT's really short (I finished the game in 3 hours) but the "suck all particles and then SHOOT THEM AWAY" mechanic is pretty good and demands you to move around the stage to get more particles.

Whoever said there weren't enough Resogun-type games on PC is Clearly high on fumes.

Weird, my email says 14 and 19. Oh well.

Ion Assault is super fun for a while. And Syder Arcade reminds me of Resogun as well, too bad that's over after less than an hour (on the lower difficulties).

And my mail says the same, 14th. But it also says Watch Dogs comes out on the 21th. So I guess someone punched in the dates months ago and never bothered to correct them.

Thanks Khronico for the BitComposer Bundle!

It's going to be fun playing Jagged Alliance again!

EDIT: Wait, I thought JA was part of the bundle?

The newer one is BTA. And the old ones aren't for Steam.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

My gf is really into DC, so having her around while I play helps. My knowledge of DC is very limited. I just like some of the animated shows and most of the movies. I've read a couple Batman books, but that's about it.

Performance wise, it's a little weird. I had to turn shadows down one notch before it would actually allow me load a match. I haven't tried downsampling it, as I was pressed for time and had turned off fraps while I was trying to figure out the shadow thing. More options than MK, so that's nice.

oipic

well this might be my last chance to post before gaf ps4 meltdown tomorrow.

hopefully things will be good by monday. as I've said before work sucks without having steamgaf around to keep me entertained.

I hope all of you have a great weekend filled with games, booze, girls and whatever else brings you joy in this life.

Yeah, I hope EviLore has some additional hamsters running madly in wheels to keep things ticking over in the coming days... will miss SteamGAF most of all if things go belly-up.

You, RE, have Rebirth, however... so you should get through okay. Enjoy, see you on the other side!

So is the Humble WB bundle just automatically activating games on Steam? What about the games I already have? Is there a way to see their individual keys?

AsylumX

I'll try to help you out on the bigger ones:
  • Superman - the secret identity of famous hero Bicycle Repair Man
  • Batman - cameo from the popular mobile game Puzzle & Dragons
  • Flash - he'll save every one of us
  • Raven - main character of Disney TV show "That's So Raven"
  • Killer Frost - mascot of Shin Megami Tensei series, hee-ho!
  • Deathstroke - actually Deadpool but they changed the name
  • Shazam - hero whose superpower is identifying songs on the radio
Hope that helps!

And this one takes the prize....

Khronico

I figured the new one wasn't.. I thought the others would be listed when I redeemed the key. Kinda the whole reason I entered :D

Ah well. Thanks anyways!

Yeah, I thought so too when I bought it =P

Sorry about that, the other games still range from good to average.

Cth

Yeah, I thought so too when I bought it =P

Sorry about that, the other games still range from good to average.

No problem.. they look ok, just gotta make some room to try them out.

If you're interested in playing them see if the page is unclaimed, you might be able to get links that way. I think that's how it handled stuff like that in the past.

Humble Bundle Gifts - let me know if this works, I wasn't sure if they would work like Steam gift URLs.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-C9B413CDB0855016 - Taken by Caerith
Batman Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-A2056D96A227CED5 - Taken by Iron Badger
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-DBC6E121D063F9A8 - Taken by The_Monk
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-D371B6A93C8B3140 - Taken by chiym1992

cicero

I Banderased when Evilore shut down that thread. Toma gets ridiculous when pimping out indie devs as if his pride and honor are on the line.
I think your description of his general behavior towards games he really likes is quite exaggerated. He has good taste, promotes deserving titles that usually are unknown or underappreciated, and he has a good track record. If anything I want more of what he brings (informed passion about quality games) to this community, not less.

denx

I was going to include Guardians of Middle Earth in this raffle but I messed up and ended up activating it on my account, sorry about that. :(

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-CD5E6B3CDC661385
King's Bounty Warriors of the North Valhalla Edition -- MB-72A540FF44DA940C
Anomaly Korea -- MB-509ACED7AC10A345
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-B233A7731E8BB29F
The Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-8F1FFF1E47C66BDA

t1384486250z1.png

The_Monk

A Wild 10% OFF Shadow Warrior appears!

Edit: Thanks for AC kind fellow GAFfer, decided to replay it later on since I ended up replaying Sleeping Dogs on PC for the superior looks. :)

There is still a Batman AC GOTY available here -> go go go!

It fell on the second last post of a page, 50ppp and 100ppp, was posted during the night US time and is junior only so it probably got completely missed. Someone must want it!

Reckoner

Just finished Metal Gear Rising on PS3.

The PC version is going to be glorious. GLORIOUS.

I need it now.

I have it because of Plus and I'm not even going to touch. I prefer waiting for that 1080p version. I'm not going to say 60fps, because I presume a game like MGR is already 60fps on consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom