• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uiki

One thing that I dislike in Risk of Rain is you needing to use the mouse to navigate through the menus, the mouse isn't used in nothing during the gameplay but for some strange reason I cant use the keyboard or the gamepad in the menu.

It's SO ANNOYING.

Aslo.. i've unlocked the 2nd character. I die like in the first 2 minutes with him WTF.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Multiple wins, as Toma didn't make the giveaway free-for-all someone can only enter for one at once (at least until the draw occurs).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
RE: Multiple wins, as Toma didn't make the giveaway free-for-all someone can only enter for one at once (at least until the draw occurs).

Thats what I get for never using modbot before. Oh well. I assume the keys will land somewhere eventually even if these keys float around a bit longer here. :)

Edit: Might as well link the giveaway again since I miraculously ended up getting the first post on the new page: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89970656&postcount=17015

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Glad I bought it a few weeks ago when it was $7.50, plus owning it lowers the price of Emergency 2014 to $6.99!

"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

ilup0u5j.jpg

Grief.exe

We'll get some coverage when DayZ comes out, assuming it's going to come out at soome point. :)

Should come out in the next couple of weeks. They are in a full push towards release, and they are in crunch time. It is not out of the ordinary for them to update the Registry app at 1 AM local time.

rtcn63

Just beat Fear 3. Wasn't bad. Linear, repetitive at times. But fairly challenging, though I didn't care for the phase casters and the forever re-spawning soldiers. Got better at killing them quick. I couldn't even finish Black Ops 2 it was so dull, so.

I'm moving to a new PC this sunday, and I was wondering about my savegames. If I'm not mistaken, all games that use steamworks store their saves in the steam's cloud, is that correct?

Caerith

So, card prices actually go back up over time. Some Cherry Tree High Comedy Club cards were selling for $0.80 even with undercutting. Thanks, community market, for Long Live the Queen.

Dec

I'm moving to a new PC this sunday, and I was wondering about my savegames. If I'm not mistaken, all games that use steamworks store their saves in the steam's cloud, is that correct?

Games that support cloud saving will be fine, other games usually save to Documents and Documents/My Games

Just back up everything in those folders that you want and put them back on your new PC. GFWL games require some shitty work around.

No. Most games do, but not every game with steamworks support has steam cloud.

I see. I should probably go check on each game's steam forum to see if they do use steam cloud. Thanks!

EDIT:
Games that support cloud saving will be fine, other games usually save to Documents and Documents/My Games

Just back up everything in those folders that you want and put them back on your new PC. GFWL games require some shitty work around.

Ah, that sounds easier.

Dec

I see. I should probably go check on each game's steam forum to see if they do use steam cloud. Thanks!

EDIT:

Ah, that sounds easier.

Yea it isn't bad. Just make a copy of everything in your Documents folder and copy it into your Documents folder on your new PC in exactly the same way as it was. All games besides GFWL should work fine that way. GFWL games use some kind of encryption to prevent cheating to get achievements I think so you have to use some program to get rid of it.

Dec

Wow The Wolf Among Us seems really interesting. I got that free key yesterday and hadn't loaded it up yet. Saw Giantbomb put up a quicklook today but stopped watching half way through. Looks very cool, don't want to spoil myself.

Derrick01

Banned
You guys should have seen my 2nd 360 controller after a week with modern warfare 2 when it launched. I'll just say there were a lot more pieces than half a joystick.

JaseC

You guys should have seen my 2nd 360 controller after a week with modern warfare 2 when it launched. I'll just say there were a lot more pieces than half a joystick.

I pre-ordered MW2 from a reseller and regret doing doing so to this day. I survived "the great purge", presumably because I didn't touch the MP component, but that fun fact doesn't make my choice any less stupid. I distinctly recall finishing the game in time for lunch.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does The Wolf Among Us have those stupid timed responses from The Walking Dead?

Colin.

Nice giveaway Toma, looks like people here will have a tough time NOT owning full bore! Also came back to see I had won Super Hexagon, thanks PandaPedinte.

Milamber

I pre-ordered MW2 from a reseller and regret doing doing so to this day. I survived "the great purge", presumably because I didn't touch the MP component, but that fun fact doesn't make my choice any less stupid. I distinctly recall finishing the game in time for lunch.
Wait a minute!? The "great purge" states that Activision are unable to charge through the nose in Asia. Does that mean all steam Activision games are super cheap over there?

JaseC

Wait a minute!? The "great purge" states that Activision are unable to charge through the nose in Asia. Does that mean all steam Activision games are super cheap over there?

Less "are unable to" and more "didn't think much of the circumstances". Games in Asia cost less, yes, but in most if not all such cases I think you'll find that not only are RU/CIS copies region-free but also cheaper.

Since the game was on a ridiculously low sale, I figured I might as well throw a few copies in here since I really, really, really like this game. If you end up getting the game, I would appreciate if you could hop over into the thread and post some impressions:

Thanks a lot. I guess I'll buy it before the sale ends.

ArjanN

Does The Wolf Among Us have those stupid timed responses from The Walking Dead?

Yes and no.

Yes it has them.
No they're not stupid.

They make it so the conversations flow more naturally, and allow them to force you to make decisions under pressure.

Derrick01

Banned

You didn't miss anything with the multiplayer. Coming from COD 4 it was the most unbalanced buggy PoS ever, and one of my biggest gaming disappointments. That was the start of the real downfall of COD.

It's SO ANNOYING.

Aslo.. i've unlocked the 2nd character. I die like in the first 2 minutes with him WTF.

You need to take a different approach when playing The Enforcer. He isn't a character with focus in mobility, instead leaning against a wall in the 'Serve and Protect' stance while spamming the basic attack and using Shield Slam when the enemies comes to close. The Stun Grenade is very useful to stop powerful enemies or large groups.

Getting items that regen your health while standing still raises your chance to survival a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom