• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You're welcome :) Feel free to post some impression in the linked thread.

On a similar note, its kinda funny how these entries were so differently allocated. Full Bore #4 had 11 entrants for the raffle, while Full Bore #2 had only one. "4" being the superior number confirmed.

It's the reverse psychology approach. People pick 2 because it's popular and then assume everyone else will pick 2 and then choose not to pick 2 because it'll be too crowded and they only get one entry. The free-for-all helps with this, then there'd be no reason not to enter ALL of them!

Xanathus

Full Bore crashes as soon as I run the exe. This is certainly a game worth checking out!
---------------------------
Oh no!
Full Bore has crashed and cannot continue.
A crash dump file was created and saved to:

D:\Full Bore First Dig\FullBore_20131115_185914.dmp

If you want to report this crash, please upload this file to the forums or send an email to wholehog@wholehog-games.com. Additionally, please include the following:

sha id: 244c7809a39932c9ec13370d2fe0941d2aa76f48
built: Tue Oct 1 12:49:32 PDT 2013

Protip: Hit CTRL+C to copy this entire message box!

Sorry for the inconvenience!
OK

It's the reverse psychology approach. People pick 2 because it's popular and then assume everyone else will pick 2 and then choose not to pick 2 because it'll be too crowded and they only get one entry. The free-for-all helps with this, then there'd be no reason not to enter ALL of them!
That's the reason I picked the first one, everyone always skips the first one assuming that it'd be the most picked except in this case it seems a fair number of people also picked that.

Dec

I entered #10. Only 3 entrants so I chose well but the luck wasn't on my side. Thank you for the giveaway Toma.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Full Bore crashes as soon as I run the exe. This is certainly a game worth checking out!

That's the reason I picked the first one, everyone always skips the first one assuming that it'd be the most picked except in this case it seems a fair number of people also picked that.

Dont think we heard any issues from others over in the Full Bore thread, hope you get it sorted out. A friend of mine downloaded the IGS installer version yesterday, so it should work.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Of course Games Radar wants to play silly buggers with the giveaway time on the last day. Bugger it.

Sooooooooooo

Help me with something because I feel this is a mistake...

New Humble Store deals just went up...

There is a $30 Splinter Cell Blacklist offer with Steam key and DRM free versions included. DRM free on Splinter Cell? What is this sorcery?

Kuroyume

Banned
Question about the Humble Store...

Super Hexagon is on sale for $0.99. On the little tab on the page it shows an apple logo along with with Steam, Linux, etc. Do they give a code for the iOS version of the game? How does that work?

Also, since when did Binding of Isaac go to iOS?

JaseC

Sooooooooooo

There is a $30 Splinter Cell Blacklist offer with Steam key and DRM free versions included. DRM free on Splinter Cell? What is this sorcery?

It's not exactly unprecedented; Ubi has a handful of games on GOG.

It's not exactly unprecedented; Ubi has a handful of games on GOG.

hmm

I want to jump on it even though I already have the Uplay version from my card. I'm just not sure how the online would work for that since its all Uplay based...

if someone could confirm if the DRM free thing is a mistake that would be great....

Phinor

Sooooooooooo

I was wondering what the hell you are talking about but quickly realized they added region restrictions to Humble store. Thanks Ubisoft. Thanks Humble Bundle. I can't thank Obama because I'm not American, though.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Question about the Humble Store...

Super Hexagon is on sale for $0.99. On the little tab on the page it shows an apple logo along with with Steam, Linux, etc. Do they give a code for the iOS version of the game? How does that work?

Also, since when did Binding of Isaac go to iOS?

It's not on iOS, it's on Mac OS. Apple has their own app store for the desktop now as competition with Steam and others.

topyy

Since the game was on a ridiculously low sale, I figured I might as well throw a few copies in here since I really, really, really like this game. If you end up getting the game, I would appreciate if you could hop over into the thread and post some impressions:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689201

Here is a short quote from the description:

If you want to buy a copy on sale yourself, you can do that here for the next 12 hours:
https://indiegamestand.com/

To register the keys, you need to create an IndieGamestand account. After you set up the account and put in the key, you can either download the installer or get the Desura key. Once the game has been greenlit, your Indiegamestand purchase will update with a Steam key.

Have fun guys.

thanks Toma

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If anyones Full Bore key is already taken, please contact me via PM. There might be 1-2 faulty ones because I gave them away earlier and didnt cross them off my list.

derExperte

Sooooooooooo

No Splinter Cell here. Region lock bullshit again? Not that I would have bought it.

JaseC

Oh, hey, Ubi updated the original Black Flag standard pre-order sub!

31 minutes ago Added Unknown Depot 242051 to the package
31 minutes ago Changed changenumber – 309072 › 332495

Ubi needs a novelty-sized tampon because evidently there is a ridiculous amount of red tape. The region lock was removed from the original DDE pre-order sub over a week ago.

Older games.

That's crazy, they couldn't released Blood Dragon DRM-free yet they released this? A bigger, newer title? Perhaps it's a mistake.

Hence the "not exactly", the point being that Ubi isn't adverse to releasing DRM-free games.

AHA-Lambda

Just checked for myself Splinter Cell Blacklist and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon are US only on Humble Store.

Would I get in trouble if I bought this through a region unblocker?

Few days ago someone reported super simple VPN/Proxy things (Hola unblocker) work for buying stuff from Humble.

Enable, put game in cart, disable and complete checkout.

At least the region lock is easy to circumvent.

Derrick01

Banned
Damn I thought there was an actual good deal for Splinter Cell and I find out it's still $30, precisely $15 too much before it's worth taking the risk getting it.

Silex

Few days ago someone reported super simple VPN/Proxy things (Hola unblocker) work for buying stuff from Humble.

Enable, put game in cart, disable and complete checkout.

At least the region lock is easy to circumvent.

Yea, you can even use a regular HTTP proxy. You only need to add it to the cart. I have faith in the Humble guys, they even let you complete the purchase without any proxy... No other store does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom