• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Google seems to spend more time closing services than creating new ones. It always offered a great conversion (1 dollar - 0.74 €) and not a single problem, it's sad that they terminated it. Last time I used Paypal it decided to take money from my account instead of my Pre-Paid card (as I clearly stated) and I almost end up getting sued because there was no money there. I'll have to tkae my chances again.

Google's "Do no evil" mantra stopped being relevant years ago, frankly. I'm fortunate in that my mum works at a bank and so my "staff account" isn't charged currency conversion fees, but the amount of crap people have to put up with banks is ridiculous. Personally, it's reached the point where if I'm heading towards Perth I'll stop in and borrow money from my parents simply because there are dick-all ATMs here that don't charge me usage fees -- it all adds up.

The_Monk

Anyone who got the bitComposer bundle tried Expeditions: Conquistador and would like to give some impressions about the game, please?

Tenrius

Still can't find it. Same goes for the scheduling manager.

Do you have the beta update? The scheduling stuff is in the "Downloads" tabs of the Steam settings (top left Steam button → Settings) and the background downloads are indeed are enabled for individual games in their respective settings windows. I could take some screenshots if you'd like lol.

JaseC

Black Flag pre-load is up. 260... MB. I'm guessing somebody stuffed up and they're the redists.

Do you have the beta update? The scheduling stuff is in the "Downloads" tabs of the Steam settings (top left Steam button → Settings) and the background downloads are indeed are enabled for individual games in their respective settings windows. I could take some screenshots if you'd like lol.

No (not in the beta), for some reason reason I thought it went live already.

Tenrius

Didn't Ubi say that it'd honour the orders or am I misremembering?

As far as I remember, it was just their Polish branch who said that, and that information came from a forum post in Polish, so I'm not sure how accurate that was. Maybe I should contact them myself, just to make things clear.

Jusoni

Finished the first episode of Wolf among us and damn it was good. Went in having zero expectations and was really impressed. The plot picked up fast and wasn't slow like molasses. Really hyped for the second episode now.

JaseC

Well, the Black Flag download did literally nothing.

heartckfq1.jpg

You know me so well. ;) I very much appreciate the gesture. :)

JaseC

As far as I remember, it was just their Polish branch who said that, and that information came from a forum post in Polish, so I'm not sure how accurate that was. Maybe I should contact them myself, just to make things clear.

Clarity couldn't hurt given we're barely a few days away from Black Flag and Ubi still hasn't removed the retroactive region lock on the initial RU/CIS standard ed. pre-order sub.

AHA-Lambda

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lord of the Rings Online DLC -- MB-0ADB25D3259903EE - Taken by Firehead

I'm sure someone will want this, just go ahead.

Does Offline mode work? I have never used it since they added it (really only played AC3 since and it never occured to me to test it).

No idea, I don't want to try it either to be honest.

Edit: And I'm only playing Rayman now because of the daily challenges, so offline mode wouldn't work for me.

JaseC

Does Offline mode work? I have never used it since they added it (really only played AC3 since and it never occured to me to test it).

In my experience, it should do. An internet connection is only necessary when tethering the game to your Uplay account (i.e. the very first boot).

Tenrius

Clarity couldn't hurt given we're barely a few days away from Black Flag and Ubi still hasn't removed the retroactive region lock on the initial RU/CIS standard ed. pre-order sub.

Alright, I asked them about that pricing error via the support section of the Uplay store, hope for a quick reply. Not sure about the Steam version.

EDIT: Swell, an automated email I just got says they are going to respond in a few business days. Chances are, the game will be already out by that time.

JaseC

Alright, I asked them about that pricing error via the support section of the Uplay store, hope for a quick reply. Not sure about the Steam version.

EDIT: Swell, an automated email I just got says they are going to respond in a few business days. Chances are, the game will be already out by that time.

I've only sent a couple of tickets to Ubi over the years but both times I only had to wait a day or so. I'd expect a reply on Monday or, at the latest, Tuesday.

Momentary

Banned
How does GMG work on their credit? AC Gold is 80 with 16 back on credit. Can you put it on that purchase or do you have to use it on another game?

Gav47

Speaking of Black Flag and region locks, does anyone know what type of key Amazon.com have? I want to pick it up there because they have the steam version and it's way cheaper than the Euro price. The SteamDB page shows a ton of region locked packages.

If anyone has picked it up from them could you tell me what it registered as when you put the key in.

JaseC

Speaking of Black Flag and region locks, does anyone know what type of key Amazon.com have? I want to pick it up there because they have the steam version and it's way cheaper than the Euro price. The SteamDB page shows a ton of region locked packages.

If anyone has picked it up from them could you tell me what it registered as when you put the key in.

You have nothing to worry about. The only subs that are region-locked are the new RU/CIS subs and the old pre-order RU/CIS pre-order sub (which is something I can only assume Ubi will fix).

i don't get it, AVGNA is crossed out? so does that mean it doesn't have a license? or wha?

Oh, sorry, it just means I've bought it (I'm using the post as a reference point). I'll clarify.

masterkajo

How does GMG work on their credit? AC Gold is 80 with 16 back on credit. Can you put it on that purchase or do you have to use it on another game?

AFAIK, you cannot use the credit you get for a purchase on the same purchase. But you can use it for any other purchase after that.

You have nothing to worry about. The only subs that are region-locked are the new RU/CIS subs and the old pre-order RU/CIS pre-order sub (which is something I can only assume Ubi will fix).

Oh, sorry, it just means I've bought it (I'm using the post as a reference point). I'll clarify.

ah, ok. damn, i feel the same way as fantonome. i do like AVGN and those types of games, but the game does feel like a future bundle BTA.

JaseC

ah, ok. damn, i feel the same way as fantonome. i do like AVGN and those types of games, but the game does feel like a future bundle BTA.

Well, the game is a recent release, and despite Cinemassacre owning the AVGN IP, it has partnered with Screw Attack for the purpose of distribution (the latter also assuming publishing duties on Steam), so I think it'll be a safe bet for quite some time.

JaseC

Who here has paid $80 on AC IV Gold? I don't want to be the only chump to do it.

Black Flag: The game so nice Stallion Free pre-ordered it twice. ;)'

I did after dumping that shitty Russian edition that I stupidly bought.

The same RU/CIS copy that's now region-free. I warned you this may happen and, even if it didn't, suggested that you could have Support revert it back to a gift so you could sell it to an Eastern Euro user and I'd refund you the difference between what you made there and what you paid me.

Deques

Is there anyone who wants to group pre-order Defenders Quest 2 with me?

You'll get the first game too if you pre-order now. The four pack costs $45, so it will be $11.25 per head

Pm me if interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom