• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks, Jase!
Thanks for Hard Reset, Saiorse Clinton
Thanks for Expeditions conquistador.
Thanks for Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, JaseC!!
Nice giveaway Jase, thanks!
thanks for a new platformer :)

No worries. :)

That was a bundle?

Yeah, it's a HIB gift link.

JaseC

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Co-op has ever been the death knell of horror games...

I still believe it can be done right. I still have very fond moments of tense survival moments from Resident Evil Outbreak that has lived up to any other game in the sub-genre as a single player. It just takes the right design where the danger isn't lost because someone else is working with you and a good mechanic where you need another player to survive, not just another all-rounder action character that makes it easier.

I imagine a horror game in the style of Call of Cthulu or Amnesia: The Dark Descent atmosphere could also work. If they went with a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls and Journey route of not being able to talk to each other, just do gestures or small little noises/grunts and have the other player occasionally separated it would keep the sense of quiet that is usually so important to horror games. Combine that with separation from time to time, e.g. on the other side of glass/dimensional portal/etc where you are still working in the same world together without it actually making your travel feel "easier".

Somehow typing all that made me imagine a survival horror version of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons or Goof Troop (SNES).

Ben652

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock -- MB-FCF648AF017C10B5 - Taken by Camel Master
Starvoid -- MB-8343D161AB55FF98 - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Momentary

Banned
Hot DAMN!

Risk of Rain
F237AC4B9F8E2F5F961F1972DB946BB429E93FEC

Awesome game and I'm going to go back for more to get a 100%. It's so pulse pounding when you get the right items to create devastating synergy that can mow down a battalion of enemies. The combat was VERY satisfying. Each Character is different from the other, the extra items are fun, and give you a growing sense of power while going through the game. I can't recommend this game enough. The team behind this game is really talented.

The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that you still have to use the mouse to select VERY few options on the menus.

Buy this game!

Now time to go to the gym.

Hot DAMN!

Awesome game and I'm going to go back for more to get a 100%. It's so awesome when you get the right items to create devastating synergy. The combat was VERY satisfying. Each Character is different from the other, the extra items are fun, and give you a growing sense of power while going through the game. I can't recommend this game enough. The team behind this game is really talented.

The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that you still have to use the mouse to select VERY few options on the menus.

Buy this game!

Now time to go to the gym.
Is that DLC Quest?

Hagi

It's not much but maybe someone will want it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-196AA0FBB51855CD - Taken by Ben652. 9 entrants total.

t1384626482z1.png

MRORANGE

I was absent from STEAM about 8 months(first time in my life without videogames XD), and returned this week with many surprises, many games that I never thought would come as Final Fantasy 7 or KOF .

Sleeping Dogs is a very good game , with good mechanical, but is very easy and becomes repetitive . Also I think the story could make much more. ( Finished main story and the 3 DLC )

Rayman Origin is great, I had such high expectations after good review and i fulfilled my expectations. Each level has a interesting variant of gameplay and artistic side. It has many extras that keeps playing even after finishing it. ( Almost finished main story. Im collecting the extras right now. I missing a tooth)

Planetside 2 . Deathmach game. Only that and nothing more . (Steam me mark 5 hours of which 3 were to update the game. The other two in regret for having downloaded this game and get bored in a game so bland)

Skullgirl . I hate fighting games but this one i liked a lot . Perhaps that is free or maybe because I found a friend who is just as bad as me. Be one thing or the other, i dont have fun like this since MvCII in DC .

Red Faction Armaggeadon . Why this game go unnoticed ? the game is fun, pure and simple action , weapons and scenarios together bring good times. ( maybe in the middle or in the last third )

Serious Sam FE : HD . My first time into a Sam game and its i guess good , I maybe in the fourth quarter of the game. I think I dont missed a lot by not played this for all these years. The next game i want to play with a friend in coop ( I'm in Metropolis , I guess I'm in the fourth quarter )

Welcome back, I should really try out Skullgirls, heck it's free this weekend.

Anteater

Beat stacking and almost done with Portal 2.

Alan Wake's american nightmare is a bit too linear for my taste but I kind of find the shooting a bit fun, so I'll stick with it.

Thanks for Bioshock Ben! I have tried Bioshock 2 on console, very well made game but quite didn't grab me in. Still, with the reception Bioshock 1 has gotten, I've told myself to buy it. Would have done it later on but now I don't have to - and I get to experience Bioshock in its glorious PC form - as it probably was meant to be. Thank you Ben, this is truly a great giveaway and I'm at loss of words how to thank you.
Yes I have taken a beer or two, got pretty sentimental

Also very happy that 99 Spirits key activated also the Japanese original (and other bonus content, music IIRC) - even if I'm not Jase it's great add and fun to experience (and to watch in grid view probably too). I played 99 Spirits 2 or 3 hours on Desura and it's a unique game, definetly one of the better ones that I've grabbed from bundles. Today I uninstalled the Desura version and installed it on Steam. Will probably launch that later today after XCOM and Skullgirls sessions.

erila

Neo Member
I still believe it can be done right. I still have very fond moments of tense survival moments from Resident Evil Outbreak that has lived up to any other game in the sub-genre as a single player. It just takes the right design where the danger isn't lost because someone else is working with you and a good mechanic where you need another player to survive, not just another all-rounder action character that makes it easier.

^^ Agreed

DayZ can be fun and tense when you're playing on a good server too.

It's just a shame too many games do co-op as a "play the level at the same time and see who can get the highest score".

Pakkidis

Would like to apologize, I took this steam key and it turns out I already have the game. Hopefully no one has claimed it yet.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
a...er_292x136.jpg

Showdown Effect -- MB-FA74FB76014AC1ED - Taken by Applesauce

So I just won Arkham City from that big anonym giveaway (thanks whoever you are!), but instead of the humble link, there's gibberish in it, which is not a steam key (tried it). Anyone else who won experience the same problem?

JaseC

I tried to send a key to modbot, is it long ?

Yeah, something is awry. I nuked the Dirt 2 key from earlier as Hawkie took it by accident, but I'm still waiting on a re-registration response.

Edit: Black Flag's actual pre-load size will probably be around 15GB, for those interested.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I was absent from STEAM about 8 months(first time in my life without videogames XD), and returned this week with many surprises, many games that I never thought would come as Final Fantasy 7 or KOF .

Sleeping Dogs is a very good game , with good mechanical, but is very easy and becomes repetitive . Also I think the story could make much more. ( Finished main story and the 3 DLC )

Rayman Origin is great, I had such high expectations after good review and i fulfilled my expectations. Each level has a interesting variant of gameplay and artistic side. It has many extras that keeps playing even after finishing it. ( Almost finished main story. Im collecting the extras right now. I missing a tooth)

Planetside 2 . Deathmach game. Only that and nothing more . (Steam me mark 5 hours of which 3 were to update the game. The other two in regret for having downloaded this game and get bored in a game so bland)

Skullgirl . I hate fighting games but this one i liked a lot . Perhaps that is free or maybe because I found a friend who is just as bad as me. Be one thing or the other, i dont have fun like this since MvCII in DC .

Red Faction Armaggeadon . Why this game go unnoticed ? the game is fun, pure and simple action , weapons and scenarios together bring good times. ( maybe in the middle or in the last third )

Serious Sam FE : HD . My first time into a Sam game and its i guess good , I maybe in the fourth quarter of the game. I think I dont missed a lot by not played this for all these years. The next game i want to play with a friend in coop ( I'm in Metropolis , I guess I'm in the fourth quarter )

Rondamón
:p
Bienvenido! You missed HL3 too.

Ben652

Thanks for Bioshock Ben! I have tried Bioshock 2 on console, very well made game but quite didn't grab me in. Still, with the reception Bioshock 1 has gotten, I've told myself to buy it. Would have done it later on but now I don't have to - and I get to experience Bioshock in its glorious PC form - as it probably was meant to be. Thank you Ben, this is truly a great giveaway and I'm at loss of words how to thank you.
Yes I have taken a beer or two, got pretty sentimental

No problem, It's good that it went to someone who's actually going to play it!

JaseC

Rondamón
:p
Bienvenido! You missed HL3 too.

Incidentally, this is one game you won't miss out on.

I'm still hemming and hawing over how to handle it. I could just buy USD$50 codes from EB Games and PM them, but due to Valve's shitty default policy of 1 USD = 1 Euro, I'd need to comb through the list and make up the difference for those in Europe, and the reason why I'm not keen on buying and gifting 24 or so copies of HL3 is that Valve would probably restrict my account due to suspicious activity.

Edit: I could PM codes to those in Dollar Territories and gift the game to those in Euro Territories. Why this didn't come to me sooner, I don't know.

Anustart

Gat daymn Jintek. I just checked my friend leaderboards on hyper hexagonest and you made that thing your bitch.

I just got to 38 seconds then you put my manhood to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom