• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If other companies want to get in the business of making period piece games, I wouldn't mind. Until then, I shall remain an Ass Creed whore.

See my edit. I apologise for being abrasive but I didn't appreciate your lack of feedback. Particularly since you deleted me from your friends list, I felt that you blamed me for what happened. When "Sorry you're in this situation, but I want to fix this" is met with wilful silence, it's not a good feeling and reflects badly on me, which isn't fair.

Li Kao

Just tried Payday 2 demo for the hell of it. It is fucking nice, I can't compare to the first, some people prefer it, but this is nice ! Now if dev could stop doing games I can't play without barfing a little in my mouth... don't get me wrong, it's just a game and I'm no white knight, but the entire game presentation gives me a "what the fuck am I playing" feel.
Still, good. Do want.
Just a little concerned by teamplay here, maybe I and others were just bad at the game, but there is a worrying lack of care for you fellow scumbag here that would concern me if I bought the game.

fantomena

I just tried X: Rebirth with Family Sharing. I need this game.

Also, is there any demo of Assetto Corsa? It looks good, but I don't want to use money on it if it's not my type of racing game.

...I just propositioned one of my friends for another co-op run last night.

I just started it, and the shift from 1/2 to 3 is immense. Granted, the movement feels a lot better, but I constantly feel like I'm battling against the controls, especially while sticking to cover. Slowmo also runs out a lot quicker for some reason. Not to mention those popups that keep telling you you did something. I don't care, Day 1.

I also don't get how we went from the industrial and ruined environments of F.E.A.R. 1 and 2 to fighting in a goddamn favela somewere in 3. I seriously don't know what's happening in the game at this point. When that first phasecaster appeared and started kicking my ass, I decided to log off and take a shower.

It's not an explicitly terrible game, but I do feel like it's an inherently bad F.E.A.R. game. It's a shame that all the potential of the first went to waste in the sequels.

Addnan

Also, is there any demo of Assetto Corsa? It looks good, but I don't want to use money on it if it's not my type of racing game.
No.

What type of racing games do you like. This is sim racing at its finest, nothing less.

rtcn63

Just tried Payday 2 demo for the hell of it. It is fucking nice, I can't compare to the first, some people prefer it, but this is nice ! Now if dev could stop doing games I can't play without barfing a little in my mouth... don't get me wrong, it's just a game and I'm no white knight, but the entire game presentation gives me a "what the fuck am I playing" feel.
Still, good. Do want.
Just a little concerned by teamplay here, maybe I and others were just bad at the game, but there is a worrying lack of care for you fellow scumbag here that would concern me if I bought the game.

According to Reddit, Payday 2 will be available for $30/4-pack, $10/individual key on Amazon during Black Friday. Might be worth a go. I've tried the beta, but I don't have enough people to play with, and the AI...

Derrick01

Banned
Installing a bunch of games today, just for the fun of it

I might do the same since UPS screwed me on my PS4 order. I need stuff to do now.

Or maybe just a new game+ run on Batman Origins. Deathstroke battle without counter signs seems like it'll be a nightmare though.

Talking of AC4 - DAMMIT GAMEFLY, WHERE MY KEY AT! Looks like they're getting ready to distribute them, "Buy" has switched to "Download Now", with a drop down option for getting the activation key on game page. My saga of buying the game, yelling at Ubisoft like an old man, selling the game, buying the game again is nearly at an end.

Relax.MX

I was absent from STEAM about 8 months(first time in my life without videogames XD), and returned this week with many surprises, many games that I never thought would come as Final Fantasy 7 or KOF .

Sleeping Dogs is a very good game , with good mechanical, but is very easy and becomes repetitive . Also I think the story could make much more. ( Finished main story and the 3 DLC )

Rayman Origin is great, I had such high expectations after good review and i fulfilled my expectations. Each level has a interesting variant of gameplay and artistic side. It has many extras that keeps playing even after finishing it. ( Almost finished main story. Im collecting the extras right now. I missing a tooth)

Planetside 2 . Deathmach game. Only that and nothing more . (Steam me mark 5 hours of which 3 were to update the game. The other two in regret for having downloaded this game and get bored in a game so bland)

Skullgirl . I hate fighting games but this one i liked a lot . Perhaps that is free or maybe because I found a friend who is just as bad as me. Be one thing or the other, i dont have fun like this since MvCII in DC .

Red Faction Armaggeadon . Why this game go unnoticed ? the game is fun, pure and simple action , weapons and scenarios together bring good times. ( maybe in the middle or in the last third )

Serious Sam FE : HD . My first time into a Sam game and its i guess good , I maybe in the fourth quarter of the game. I think I dont missed a lot by not played this for all these years. The next game i want to play with a friend in coop ( I'm in Metropolis , I guess I'm in the fourth quarter )

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Woke up to see I'd won Gorky 17, thank you The_Super_Inframan! This will go nicely with my recent STALKER collection. Finished Clear Sky the other day; wasn't as bad as folks made it out to be, but man there were some annoying things ("I HOPE YOU LIKE FRUIT!"), and it's a shame the faction wars feature is borked and unreliable. Now I just need to wait for Call of Pripyat to go on sale during the Xmas sale.

Oh, when was Young Justice added to the coming soon? Regardless of how crappy the game may be, it will help fill the hole in my life Cartoon Network created when they cancelled the show.

Edit: Just looked at the achievement list. One of them is "Obtain all Trophies". Thats rather lazy, especially since it doesn't seem to work with 0% global completion.

Talking of AC4 - DAMMIT GAMEFLY, WHERE MY KEY AT! Looks like they're getting ready to distribute them, "Buy" has switched to "Download Now", with a drop down option for getting the activation key on game page. My saga of buying the game, yelling at Ubisoft like an old man, selling the game, buying the game again is nearly at an end.

I thought the PC version was only releasing the 22nd? At least, that's when I imagine GMG will send me my key. It'll be a Uplay key, but oh well. The damn thing runs through Uplay regardless of how you buy it.

Speaking of which, who in Ubisoft thought it was a good idea to allow players to close the client after finishing the game with a controller button, but not let them start the game with it? Unless there's something I'm missing, that kinda feels like a stupid oversight. :lol

I thought the PC version was only releasing the 22nd? At least, that's when I imagine GMG will send me my key. It'll be a Uplay key, but oh well. The damn thing runs through Uplay regardless of how you buy it.

Speaking of which, who in Ubisoft thought it was a good idea to allow players to close the client after finishing the game with a controller button, but not let them start the game with it? Unless there's something I'm missing, that kinda feels like a stupid oversight. :lol

It is (Well, 19th in the US I believe), but I'm hoping a) Uplay will give the option of pre-loading b) they fail at region locking release dates, and if you have it on your account it'll unlock the same day as the US (Unlikely).

Edit: The saga was unrelated to the release date, that was to do with the ru+cis "situation".

Steam and Ubisoft both list it for 19th. Although PC release dates can always be wrong I guess.

JaseC

It is (Well, 19th in the US I believe), but I'm hoping a) Uplay will give the option of pre-loading b) they fail at region locking release dates, and if you have it on your account it'll unlock the same day as the US (Unlikely).

Edit: The saga was unrelated to the release date, that was to do with the ru+cis "situation".

There are reports of people playing the PC version now on the count of stores selling copies early, so for Steam users it's simply a matter of waiting for the app to unlock. The US gets it first, as far as I can tell:

Available: November 20th, 2013

This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 1 hour

Dolor

How does it perform on your rig? It seems to have a bunch perfomance issues.

I haven't had any issues ewith it on either my i7 4770k with a 780 or my i7 2600k with a 7870. Not saying the perf issues aren't real just that the ones having them are the ones likely to post something. Game so far looks like a good slow burn. I'm still unsure of the fleet mechanics but it definitely has potential.

Steam and Ubisoft both list it for 19th. Although PC release dates can always be wrong I guess.

I (and I'm assuming Blue Ninja from the date) am in the UK, so it takes roughly 3 days for the data to travel across the Atlantic in the data tubes. At least, thats the only reason I can guess for the delay :p

There are reports of people playing the PC version now on the count of stores selling copies early, so for Steam users it's simply a matter of waiting for the app to unlock. The US gets it first, as far as I can tell:

And now I want my key even more >_<

Grief.exe

I need a damn flight stick for all these awesome space games coming out.

I want to go big and get a full-on HOTA stick. Maybe for Christmas.

I was absent from STEAM about 8 months(first time in my life without videogames XD), and returned this week with many surprises, many games that I never thought would come as Final Fantasy 7 or KOF

If you don't mind, where were you at?

JaseC

And now I want my key even more >_<

Haha, well, the "pre-load" downloaded literally no pertinent data, so you're not missing out on anything. ;) On the bright side, at least we know Ubi is planning to offer a pre-load period, but, frankly, the ISO has leaked, so I'm just going to use that as a de facto pre-load as I did with Revelations. My download speed sucks and I'd rather not have to spend unlock day downloading data.

Haha, well, the "pre-load" downloaded literally no pertinent data, so you're not missing out on anything. ;) On the bright side, at least we know Ubi is planning to offer a pre-load period, but, frankly, the ISO has leaked, so I'm just going to use that as a de facto pre-load as I did with Revelations. My download speed sucks and I'd rather not have to spend unlock day downloading data.

I've gone with a uplay copy, and checking out the ubi forums, they aren't locking down the release date. So as soon as I get my key, I should hopefully be able to play straight away.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Darnit. Holiday coupons :O Guess I shouldn't have thrown away all my 100 -10% Shadow Warrior coupons.

FWIW I just scanned TrashBot's inventory and he didn't have any holiday coupons despite having a gajillion Shadow Warrior coups so you probably aren't missing out on anything.

JaseC

I've gone with a uplay copy, and checking out the ubi forums, they aren't locking down the release date. So as soon as I get my key, I should hopefully be able to play straight away.

Ah, yeah, in that case, once you get your key, you should be golden.

FWIW I just scanned TrashBot's inventory and he didn't have any holiday coupons despite having a gajillion Shadow Warrior coups so you probably aren't missing out on anything.

TrashBot had a few 90% off Iron Sky coupons at one point, but by the time I previewed the post mentioning as much, they were gone.

JaseC

It's not much, but since a kind GAFer effectively saved me $20:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alien Spidy -- MB-FA487F6B1B2336BA - Taken by schwupp
Star Wolves 3 -- MB-999F5E61388232A4 - Taken by fantomena
Dollar Dash -- MB-8A1CE189149790CD - Taken by wazoo
Starvoid -- MB-43B87AE0BB369D36 - Taken by JakeD
The 39 Steps -- MB-2CE0E71B2A06FFC8 - Taken by Slyjss
Skyward Collapse -- MB-BEE4EC589728F590 - Taken by derExperte
Lucius -- MB-6C4869668AE2F1A8 - Taken by bronson
Gravi -- MB-407DA8A66FF25336 - Taken by PandaPedinte
Starpoint Gemini -- MB-530F6CA016BD2579 - Taken by Hagi
Jagged Alliance Crossfire -- MB-699B6A65678E1F6F - Taken by Kifimbo
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-C7BEF7B7BF2A6516 - Taken by nightstorm
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-D1C1A6CE73E23230 - Taken by Kirosia
Dirt 2 -- MB-53A2C53932A286DD - Taken by Hawkie
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-E521F28AA5DF26C5 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Expeditions Conquistador -- MB-AE336EDD5E749C9A - Taken by NingenJanai
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD plus Air Conflicts Pacific Carriers plus Thunder Wolves -- MB-472FFBAB63523857 - Taken by BorntoPlay

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
YES. I beat the first boss in Volgarr. Now on to stage 2, which has a CV Bloodlines Atlantis thing going on. Thank god I have a warp point now.

Stitch

Gold Member
It's OKAY. I think the guns feel and sound amazing.

It has better gunplay than FEAR 2. Weapons in 2 felt weak. AI is also a bit smarter.

It might be a shit FEAR game but it's a decent shooter and I enjoyed it more than 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom