• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Got a Dota 2 Booster pack. For maximum profit should I open it or sell straitght away?

Check the average price of foil cards, let us call it F.

Note down the average price of normal cards, called N.

Let B be the price of a booster on the Steam Market.

You will prefer to sell the booster if B is greater than 3*(p*F+(1-p)*N), where p is the chance of getting a foil, which is usually said to be 1%.

Exuro

Guacamelee completed! Very enjoyable game. Hope they make another.

mjaksZL.png

Faabulous

Check the average price of foil cards, let us call it F.

Note down the average price of normal cards, called N.

Let B be the price of a booster on the Steam Market.

You will prefer to sell the booster if B is greater than 3*(p*F+(1-p)*N), where p is the chance of getting a foil, which is usually said to be 1%.

Opening is always a gamble, I would sell it as is

Selling right away then. Thanks for the tips.

do the old sonic games (i'm talking spinball, CD, 3d blast, 2, etc) ever go for less than $1 on steam, or is that the best price possible? GMG has them for that price, i thought some would be in genesis collections that i'd get eventually but they're only in the sonic collection which'd be useless for me as i already own some titles in it.

lol this site has a 5 items in your checkout at once limit. WHY.gif?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Back from poutinefest, stuffed full of cheese curds. I see the issue with ModBot, it was an issue related to juniors-only giveaways and long usernames and that was backing up the system. Will be fixed and unclogged in a few minutes. Sorry! Edit: Fixed.

Didn't they? I can map my fightstick.

I don't see X360 stuff. In the setting when I want to asign say LP to X it only shows kb/fightstick buttons. It works with the controller of course, I just have to memorize it. During the tutorial I was so confused when it kept prompting FK/LP/whatever.

The_Monk

Look at me, learning what a poutine festival is, what's the meaning of molasses, etc. And they say I wouldn't learn from videogames. Pfff, Steam-GAFfers improving my vocabulary every day.

Clawww

Back from poutinefest, stuffed full of cheese curds. I see the issue with ModBot, it was an issue related to juniors-only giveaways and long usernames and that was backing up the system. Will be fixed and unclogged in a few minutes. Sorry! Edit: Fixed.

you can't just say something like "poutinefest'

there are hungry people reading this thread

Alien8

Ok. Let's go with some leftovers:

ModBot 3 said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

English Country Tune -- MB-03AFDCA374E9D866 - Taken by Dambrosi
Capsized -- MB-69BF69B5F445761A - Taken by Gez
Oil Rush -- MB-F8941F545192208B - Taken by user237
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-E6BC5B07B6011CF3 - Taken by Purkake4

wazoo

seems to work now, just trying with one key

Modbot 2 said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hell Yeah Rabbits -- MB-DDEB7C7D87AF59B1 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I have it on good authority that ModBot is refusing to acknowledge keys that don't activate Wheelman.

Oh lawd, JaseC forever looking for Wheelman codes.

What do poutines taste like? From what I searched it looks weird but tasty at the same time. Thanks for fixing so fast btw :).

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.
header_292x136.jpg

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Defiance -- MB-ABD55C415F7D0C9F

t1384730028z1.png

Also to activate this key you gotta do it through the Trion games site. Anybody looking to pad out their total steam games number, I'm srry :(

Update:
ModBot said:
gabrielt16 claimed your Defiance key. There were 70 entrants.

Thanks again for being generous.

Echoplx

do the old sonic games (i'm talking spinball, CD, 3d blast, 2, etc) ever go for less than $1 on steam, or is that the best price possible? GMG has them for that price, i thought some would be in genesis collections that i'd get eventually but they're only in the sonic collection which'd be useless for me as i already own some titles in it.

lol this site has a 5 items in your checkout at once limit. WHY.gif?

I wonder if jshackles could add a page where we can check what SEGA Genesis content we have. Really hard to keep track of.

derExperte

If I can just wait for DDR4 to be affordable, I'll have skipped DDR3 entirely!

Honestly I wouldn't wait if there's a game you want to play right now, it'll be a while until DDR4 reaches mainstream and higher RAM speeds aren't that much of a speed boost anymore. Barely measurable with benchmarks.

wazoo

Here you go

ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery -- MB-8099D3BC98F59515 - Taken by Hawkie
Splice -- MB-28BEF79C754BAE7E - Taken by oipic
Swords & Soldiers HD -- MB-96B2E78BF73A8B19 - Taken by Gez

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What do poutines taste like? From what I searched it looks weird but tasty at the same time. Thanks for fixing so fast btw :).

It's unique, and I'm not sure how I could describe it to a non-Canadian. It's very warm and hearty, like the kind of food you'd want if you were cold and in the rain and that instantly fills you up. It's very greasy and heavy and carb-filled. You get pretty regular french fries, a light-to-medium thickness gravy (normally a peppercorn gravy although it depends) which warms up the fries, and then cheese curds. Cheese curds aren't just chunks of cheese, they've got a mild flavour (maybe a little salty) and they're pretty chewy and stringy. The cheese melts a little bit, but not normally into the gooey mess normal cheese would. The flavours go together very very well. You add the cheese and gravy just as you're serving it and the best bites are the first few bites when everything is in perfect balance. The only American dish that sort of does the same thing is maybe chili cheese fries, but poutine is much much better. I guess the way poutine makes me feel reminds me a lot of heavier, cheese-and-sauce heavy Mexican cuisine, but the flavour isn't really the same. It's totally Canadian.

But see the point of a poutine festival isn't to eat regular poutine, because everyone in Canada eats regular poutine all the time. It's to eat weird experimental poutines. The most common is probably pulled pork poutine, which uses a barbecue sauce / gravy mixture and puts shredded pulled pork on top. Today I had pad thai poutine, which was poutine + peanut sauce, peanut chunks, egg chunks, tons of green onions, and a hot thai chili sauce. One of the vendors there did a chicken shawarma poutine which uses sort of a southwest mayo with garlic, shawarma chicken, and traditional poutine ingredients--I've had that before at a concert a while ago. Donair (doner) meat is also added every so often.

If you have poutine outside of Canada it'll probably use mozzarella cheese instead of cheese curds or thicken or brown the gravy too much. It's a really Canadian dish. It's actually not very popular in the area where I come from, where fries and gravy are generally served with savoury dressing (like you'd serve a turkey with) instead of cheese. But I live very near Quebec now so poutine is huge where I live now :p

9/10 would recommend, -1 point for not supporting trading cards.

Just a quick question guys. If I buy a Humble Bundle but want to gift some of the game keys I already own and keep others I don't have, is that possible with the new system or can I only gift all or redeem all?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
9/10 would recommend, -1 point for not supporting trading cards.

Sounds pretty awesome, actually! In the southern USA (where I'm from) we called the dish "Swamp Fries". Not quite the same, but close.

The_Monk

Getting late in here and Stump making a delicious and detailed description... Now I'm thinking what I have on my fridge. :/

Not cool, you're lucky portuguese cuisine is amazing so I'll avoid such temptations.

I know nobody cares, but I just fixed my desktop. Turns out I'd been getting crap performance from it for at least a year because the heatsink/fan popped off the motherboard. Now I can finally play the PC games I've been idling for trading cards!

DukeBobby

Getting late in here and Stump making a delicious and detailed description... Now I'm thinking what I have on my fridge. :/

Not cool, you're lucky portuguese cuisine is amazing so I'll avoid such temptations.

British cuisine is terrible, though. Posts like that are hard to read.

:(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sounds pretty awesome, actually! In the southern USA (where I'm from) we called the dish "Swamp Fries". Not quite the same, but close.

Yeah, just Googling it it seems like that's a pretty standard foreigner take on Poutine, but cheese curds are very different than using just mozzarella cheese. A lot of chains like McDonalds and KFC do Poutine in Canada and it's always shitty because their gravy sucks and they don't use curds, they use whatever shredded cheese they have on hand. *shakes head*

If you're in the Southern US, you've got tons of awesome options though. Charcoal barbecue. Dry rub ribs. Fried Chicken. Grits--not the slurry porridge kind, the chunky kind. Cajun cuisine of all sorts. All the lovely Mexican cuisine that bleeds over--anything with offal meat. Actual heat.

Foodie-Steam-GAF is going to get moved to community LOL!

Does the retail version of Wheelman register on Steam? There is a seller on eBay with 2 new copies.

If it doesn't say Steamworks and it's not on this list (Valve official support kb), then it almost certainly doesn't activate on Steam.

The_Monk

I know nobody cares, but I just fixed my desktop. Turns out I'd been getting crap performance from it for at least a year because the heatsink/fan popped off the motherboard. Now I can finally play the PC games I've been idling for trading cards!

We care! And that's great news fellow GAFfer, good to know. Enjoy your Backlog. ;)

Sorry. :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Could you possibly use the SteamDB page as a reference?

http://steamdb.info/app/34270/#section_dlc

BTW, infinite scrolling doesn't seem to work on that page you linked, Is it still not fully functional?

It would be nice if Valve made this link work. sigh

And not sure what's going on with the continuous scrolling there. Looks like it's having slight problems with the "advanced search" menu open. I'll check it out.

Momentary

Banned
I'm taking the plunge into ACIV Gold when I get back to the house. I went to the store on base to get some Steam money and they had PS4s for sale, but they sold out of a new shipment of MX18 780m Alienware laptops.

If bros are buying high-end laptops over new consoles, I feel like Valve is going to become pretty healthy in the coming years.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Scotch eggs. Minced meat pies. Haggis. All the wonderful English-Indian dishes. Good molasses baked beans (see The_Monk, haven't forgot you!). Y'all got some good stuff. My father is English so I grew up with a lot of the bland English cooking and I totally sympathize--overcooked roast, bland potatoes, white bread with heinz sandwich spread. I know the torture of stodgy English cooking. You just need to go out and try some of the more cultural dishes and you'll like some of them.

Besides: You also have jelly babies and motherfucking jaffa cakes!!!

DukeBobby

Scotch eggs. Minced meat pies. Haggis. All the wondering English-Indian dishes. Good molasses baked beans (see The_Monk, haven't forgot you!). Y'all got some good stuff. My father is English so I grew up with a lot of the bland English cooking and I totally sympathize--overcooked roast, bland potatoes, white bread with heinz sandwich spread. I know the torture of stodgy English cooking. You just need to go out and try some of the more cultural dishes and you'll like some of them.

Besides: You also have jelly babies and motherfucking jaffa cakes!!!

Yeah, I'm not very adventurous with food, so it's my fault really. Will definitely be on the lookout for something new, though.

Also, Jaffa cakes are indeed fucking amazing. Just finished off a box of them a few hours ago. Nothing beats a Terry's Chocolate Orange, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom