• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Thanks for 39 Steps JC. It looks pretty good, i'm surprised it doesn't really have reviews.
Well, here's the reviewcommendation I posted on Steam:

The Thirty-Nine Steps is a novel by John Buchan, published in 1915. It has since been adapted all over the place, including a film (The 39 Steps) by Alfred Hitchcock and a play (The 39 Steps) that is a comedic adaptation of said film. This is closer to the novel than the film was, and certainly closer than the play.

The 39 Steps is a "digital adaptation," and what that means is it's not exactly a game. It's not a visual novel-- it is visual, and it is a novel, but there's no choice or branching storyline. It's not an adventure game-- it is an adventure, but the story isn't interrupted by puzzles. It's a story presented with images and sounds and (good) voice acting and you can interact with the occasional newspaper or other document and sometimes you do stylus-like movements to drink coffee or open doors. Mostly you just click. And read. Click and read.

In absence of gameplay, the 39 Steps can only be judged by its presentation (excellent) and its story (which has five radio adaptations, four film adaptations, and a play).

Basically, it's Books On Steam™.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ volvo pls give stearnbox
This, or:

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sale is (it's November 27)

Vibranium

Banned
STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII: Garry vs. The Nerd Machine (referencing the infamous VGA clip from last year hehe)

Will Steam ever get a resign on the cleint. Valve really does let anyone work on whatever lol.

Who knows, I wish they'd get cracking on that though. If a small team of guys could do all the work in implementing Steamworks and removing GFWL for Bioshock 2, a slightly larger team should be able to do a new client.

Whools

Was skimming over the last few pages of the thread, kept reading Poutine as Poitín, made you all sound like roaring drunks.

Volcynika

One of XSEED's people on Twitter mentioned that while there is no date for Trails in the Sky FC, it seems like January might be a good month to expect it.

GET HYPE, Y'ALL

Accoun

Installed Pixelvision Steam theme. Because why not.
While I don't really have anything against the vanill client visually, it really feels more responsive for me now. o_O

Now only if I could disable big picture mode button. It's useless for me and it adds a row in the top bar that is otherwise empty.
Maybe the notifications could be simplier, too. Like it showed that a friend plays a game and the notification had a pad on it. The friendlist as well, now that I look at it...

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Steam controller will probably get the nod just because it will be compatible with literally everything.

Does the PS4 controller work with the PS3? I might just pick one up for that reason.

Works with 97% of games on PS3 but no rumble, sixaxis, or proper PS home button to use.

Grief.exe

I got into the Nosgoth Closed Beta, will post some impressions.

EDIT: I guess its under a strict NDA so that is a nope.

Installed Pixelvision Steam theme. Because why not.
While I don't really have anything against the vanill client visually, it really feels more responsive for me now. o_O

Now only if I could disable big picture mode button. It's useless for me and it adds a row in the top bar that is otherwise empty.
Maybe the notifications could be simplier, too. Like it showed that a friend plays a game and the notification had a pad on it. The friendlist as well, now that I look at it...

Try out Air for a more minimal skin.

Only wired connectivity on some games afaik.

Works with 97% of games on PS3 but no rumble, sixaxis, or proper PS home button to use.

Thanks guys.

Cth

Have the following coupons if anyone's interested:

-80% Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
-80% Rochard
-66% Reus
-56% Monaco
-50% Element4l

PM me if interested.

One of XSEED's people on Twitter mentioned that while there is no date for Trails in the Sky FC, it seems like January might be a good month to expect it.

GET HYPE, Y'ALL
I'm not particularly hyped (mostly because I feel that the Trails series has derailed what used to be awesome about Falcom), but I did make a promise to a fellow Falcom fanatic that I would actually play the game if both FC/SC were released in English (on any platform).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I think Xel still has the most Steam games of any fellow GAFfer, but his addiction to Final Fantasy XIV is distressing, though.

I actually quit FF XIV for around a week now. I bought X Rebirth when I came out of my trance, but it let me down. So I bought AC IV today to have something to play in its place.

Dambrosi

Banned
STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - where game raffles and daily deals are poutine

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - S'all Gravy (and cheese curds)

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - We were next-gen before Next Gen was a thing

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Powered by MilkClot

Dec

Well, here's the reviewcommendation I posted on Steam:

Basically, it's Books On Steam™.

I've got to say. After wanting to play The 39 Steps very badly, it has been quite disappointing. I was kind of expecting more telling of the story through actual scenes (like the projector style scenes that occasionally play), rather than just art work with text laid over it with optional reading in some menus. The way it is now I would rather read the book, but I got it from a give away so I will finish it and maybe read the book after or something.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Steam 2013 VIII: Where the last 1,000 posts are just suggestions for the next thread's title

AsylumX

Signed and a word of advice, your petition sounds a little bit rude and rough. Maybe you could change the wording and tone it down a notch, change the part about hiring and that "the customers want a better...". Some words sound great in your train of thought but they aren't when you put them down on paper. This is just my opinion and a way of trying to help you, from a user of Enhanced Steam.

I've got to say. After wanting to play The 39 Steps very badly, it has been quite disappointing. I was kind of expecting more telling of the story through actual scenes (like the projector style scenes that occasionally play), rather than just art work with text laid over it with optional reading in some menus. The way it is now I would rather read the book, but I got it from a give away so I will finish it and maybe read the book after or something.

I'm glad you're going to stick with it. I found the first few chapters slow going but then the story really gripped me and I finished the last 75% of it or so in one play session. Hope you warm to it and enjoy it like I did :).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Done, but... does change.org really help?

Probably not. But, it's something. Thanks everyone for your support!

Signed and a word of advice, your petition sounds a little bit rude and rough. Maybe you could change the wording and tone it down a notch, change the part about hiring and that "the customers want a better...". Some words sound great in your train of thought but they aren't when you put them down on paper. This is just my opinion and a way of trying to help you, from a user of Enhanced Steam.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah not sure what I was thinking. I re-wrote the piece to be a little more personable and to provide people with a small list of reasons why a company like Valve might actually want to hire me. :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Really should have gone with a Whitehouse.gov "We The People" petition, instead. I think Obama wants an easy 2nd term victory right about now.

FloatOn

Grief!

How's Nosgoth? I want to know if it's actually comparable to Unreal Championship or if the devs were just fucking with me.

Kuroyume

Banned
Apparently managed to pick this up a few weeks ago on steam sale, and had forgotten about it. Weird. Looking to see if I can figure out how to get a refund or gift it. :/

Lol... This kind of think only happens with Steam users right, lol. :p l know it's happened to me. "Wtf when did I buy this?"

Grief.exe

Grief!

How's Nosgoth? I want to know if it's actually comparable to Unreal Championship or if the devs were just fucking with me.

Played a couple rounds and it was fun, can't talk too much about it due to NDA.

It is similar to Unreal Championship combined with a MOBA.

The vampires are more of your melee-only classes, while your humans have the ranged weapons. Everything moves around very quickly, and you have to stay close and work together in order to survive.

My only complaint is while playing as a human, it takes too long after using an ability before I can shoot again.

Apparently managed to pick this up a few weeks ago on steam sale, and had forgotten about it. Weird. Looking to see if I can figure out how to get a refund or gift it. :/

Steam support can put it into your inventory as a giftable item.

Humble Store should have gitable link, assuming it is the same implementation as their bundles.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You should have made the goal higher, you could easily have hit 1000+

I believe it increases automatically as goals are met. At each goal I think I'm given the choice to continue or declare victory.

Bluth54

Who knows, I wish they'd get cracking on that though. If a small team of guys could do all the work in implementing Steamworks and removing GFWL for Bioshock 2, a slightly larger team should be able to do a new client.

Did Valve actually do that work though? I figured that either 2K or some other third party company did the conversion.

Grief.exe

Did Valve actually do that work though? I figured that either 2K or some other third party company did the conversion.

2K did the work, I don't think he is implying that people at Valve did it though.

He is probably just saying anything is possible with the right people.

FloatOn

Played a couple rounds and it was fun, can't talk too much about it due to NDA.

It is similar to Unreal Championship combined with a MOBA.

The vampires are more of your melee-only classes, while your humans have the ranged weapons. Everything moves around very quickly, and you have to stay close and work together in order to survive.

My only complaint is while playing as a human, it takes too long after using an ability before I can shoot again.

Interesting. They have plenty of time to figure out how to balance it so I guess time will tell.

I'm not really into moba so I guess I'll have to see after the nda how moba-esque it actually is.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom